Okami HD Heading to PS4/XBone/PC This Christmas

okami.png

Update

Capcom officially confirms Okami HD for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Accoring to two independent sources who are verified by Kotaku, an Okami HD port is currently being produced and scheduled for release by Capcom this christmas. Those sources appear to be european retailers that have added Okami HD in their internal physical releases calendar. Both retailers are located in different parts of Europe and have the game listed for a 12th December 2017 release.

Of course, retail release schedules aren't 100% reliable as the past often proved, so you should take this with a grain of salt as long as there is no official information from Capcom. Kotaku reached out for comment, but didn't get anything back from Capcom yet.

Okami was originally released for the PS2 back in 2006, followed by a Wii port in 2008 and a PS3 HD remaster in 2012. A direct sequel to Okami was released for the Nintendo DS in 2010, titled Okamiden.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by WiiUBricker,
Reactions: cearp

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no Switch port (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Be aware of this:

Of course, retail release schedules aren't 100% reliable as the past often proved, so you should take this with a grain of salt as long as there is no official information from Capcom. Kotaku reached out for comment, but didn't get anything back from Capcom yet.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Never got the chance to finish that game on Wii, but I must admit I'm really surprised, I thought that the sales of this game were awful (even if it's one of the greatest Wii game ever made IMHO). I'll definitely get this if it's real, even if like @smileyhead said, too bad they forgot the Switch, the controls are way better with a remote (and please don't say there's still the PS Move, I'll never admit it's existence :P)

Last edited by Ritsuki,

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome! Love this! though I wish they were porting to either wii u and/or switch. they both seem way better suited for the drawing style gameplay. oh man a portable okami would be so sweet.

I remember that feeling after beating the "final" boss at around hour 30 and the game being like "just kidding there's 100 more hours in the story".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That was a good game (best game I played in 2007). I tried to promote it to friends but they didn't get past the "speaking sound" and "intro is too long, it's boring"... that's so bad they didn't even try the story.
Wii remake was weird with the wiimote control. japanese version didn't get the weird controller issue, they got the button press to do actions.
there's already an HD version on PS3, no idea if it will be port of PS3 version to PS4, or another even more HD remake.

I liked the 3DS sequel too, even if less enjoyable than the first one.

They pretty much covered a lot of japanese folklore on the first one, not sure what they could do in an Okami2.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn