ROM Hack Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindog469

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the Google doc was just edited in the last week. I think there just hasn't been a critical mass of people translating it.

I copy-pasted a few of the lines into Google Translate and got some engrish out of it that didn't make a lot of sense, but someone familiar with the story could probably make a dent in the translation using that method, and those of us with a writing background could polish the translation up while those who know Japanese could correct Google Translate's rough patches.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
It may be a control code getting in the way.
What I really need someone who can reformat the text. You know going line by line to make sure no more than x characters excluding control codes per line. seriously puts me to sleep - guaranteed in 5 minutes. As to polishing that can wait until after it is inserted and tested for bugs... nothing like having that one control code freezing the ds due to miss-alignment (it was a pointer issue from outside the file but still a pain).
Yes it has been suggested that a text inserter with auto alignment should be used. If you saw the results, oy. It has to be done by an actual human for readability. which means reading ahead and back with that whole context thing... just zzzzzzzzzz.......

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well retstuby2 did just contact me. they have said they will get into translating this if someone can get it in there. As in doing the inserting. Please p.m. them - not me - if interested. AS in NOW don't wait.
I was doing it by hand(no inserter). As the first two times were to figure out things.
Those with experience will note that I used table21 or pointer tables to dump. As I am more of an old school hacker I insert be hand (I trust that more - i know doesn't make much sense...)
THE ONLY FILE THAT I KNOW OF RIGHT NOW THAT HAS BEEN TRANSLATED FOR THIS IS MesResfamily.bmg the others are fair game.
Oh please don't waste your time, my time, or retsubty2's time with google translating any of that google docs stuff. OKAY.

platovsksav

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know japanese, and I'm new in NDS hacking, but I want to contribute with graphic design and so on. So I made a logo in english.
So this would be the Cover.
Portada Ingles.png
And this the game title.
SubScBGTitle.NCGR. Version 2-2.png

I can change other images from the game, just tell me what other images I have to change.

Reactions: neoxdonut

retsubty2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work! You can change whatever you'd like.
-The 600 or so image files can be found on the first page of this thread. Look for the link to mediafire and proceed to download the files that says "images."
-There is also a Google docs page that has the Japanese text, English text and who did what all organized. I am not sure if I still have the files that Broken_Cartridge did already (about 21 I believe) so I may have to get someone to redo those.

I will continue work on the actual translation, once I know that someone is actually willing to do the hacking aspects. The entire main story-line is essentially already translated and there for someone to mess with.
Also, man...those Google Translate translations were awful. I don't know who added those but..they were completely incomprehensible lol.

This game is definitely in my opinion the best Chibi-Robo game out there. Hopefully we can figure things out, be it at a slow pace.

turbeauke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excellent work! You can change whatever you'd like.
-The 600 or so image files can be found on the first page of this thread. Look for the link to mediafire and proceed to download the files that says "images."
-There is also a Google docs page that has the Japanese text, English text and who did what all organized. I am not sure if I still have the files that Broken_Cartridge did already (about 21 I believe) so I may have to get someone to redo those.

I will continue work on the actual translation, once I know that someone is actually willing to do the hacking aspects. The entire main story-line is essentially already translated and there for someone to mess with.
Also, man...those Google Translate translations were awful. I don't know who added those but..they were completely incomprehensible lol.

This game is definitely in my opinion the best Chibi-Robo game out there. Hopefully we can figure things out, be it at a slow pace.

Hey, google translate was the best I could do, theres not much you can do without any knowledge of the language :P

MiDONE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I'm new, but i would like to translate Images and Text. I work for: 0.00 a day -rimshot- Okay, so, what tools do i need for those two things?

Reactions: hippy dave

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
NO google translate. talk to retsubty... mostly its reformatting the text so that there is only 30 characters or less per text line excluding control codes. Retsubty I gotta tell ya - Insertion is fine its just the humdrum of reformatting to 30 characters or less per text line excluding control codes that puts me right to sleep. I do actually use this as a way to fall asleep when I am having trouble getting to sleep. I'm not kidding it hasn't failed yet... I get about one line and then out .... sigh...
Sorry for my lack of work on this.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm interested in seeing if I can try to help. Just trying to figure out exactly what's needed - I'm looking at familybmgpointertable.txt from mediafire, is that a good place to start (is it current)? I assume the top part (line 30 to BC) is how it's meant to look, then after that, the english text on the right needs to replace the text on the left, substituting <code> with the actual control codes. As for the formatting, is it just a case of inserting a newline <0A> at a suitable place between words when there's more than 30 "real" characters in the english line? Is there any issue about the number of resulting lines or the total string length?

Cheers :)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
(For formatting) no there isn't as that just means I have to fiddle with the file later adding in some cases another pointer/other things. In other cases actually seeing in game if it breaks. The proper place to look is the google docs link. in google docs just add the english trans to the side - you will see when you look at the one family tab.
in okeari I have successfully added pointers but only to files that I know are straight start here end here (like family.bmg). The other files I am actually worried about.

I am thinking of using mkds course editor just to edit in the text. Then going back in and inserting the control codes properly. which you can see quite clearly in google docs. It just means that I go back in and edit them in myself. I will be using a bmg from another game that I have re-purposed for this.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, yeah I can't translate, was just thinking about the formatting and reinserting the control codes. I was hoping it would be working on a text file rather than the online google doc so that I could try to automate something, but maybe I'd be able to download it in some suitable format and try from there.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
see post above I was editing it when you replied... sorry... to reiterate I will use an english bmg from another game and the mkds course editor then edit in the control codes later. As well as the line length...
So please translate as much as possible.
I was going to go to the beach and work on dungeon of windaria today. But the boyfriend got a tattoo so now I am home and this is actually something better to do. I will be doing family.bmg right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...