Office 2010 Starter Edition (Word + Excel) is still available for download

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so people know, Office 2024 will have a perpetual license option:
https://www.xda-developers.com/microsofts-office-2024-perpetual-licenses/

Main reason I don't rely on Libreoffice is because I've had issues when it comes to other people's documents, even if I were to primarily switch to LO, I'd still want at least 1 copy of MS Office as fallback.

I do use Office 365, but I only ever buy Office 365 6 users when discounted, share it with family and use the 6x1TB Onedrive with some other software for encrypted backups. The latter is what really gives it value IMO.
That's totally fair. I've ran into Issues with LibreOffice before as well, but for my own uses, and for MOST cases, LibreOffice works well enough. It's only when I start adding a bunch of stuff (like audio to a powerpoint) is when it starts getting muddy. FWIW, I use 365 as well for most things (I don't really need a robust office suite for my home use) but my company pays for me to have a subscription. (which is where I need an office suite the most anyways, and in that case, I can either install it on a Windows machine or a Mac machine, or use Office Online.)

I would rather deal with the incompatibilities of LibreOffice though than to use a "free" ToS breaking software over a decade old that has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese, but I digress. I used to have to install Office 2010 starter on client machines back in the day (as an OEM) and even then I hated it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If you butter the bread and make it like grilled cheese it's delicious