Homebrew WIP nxdumptool - Nintendo Switch Dump Tool

vance003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using NXDumpTool 1.1.14 on Atmosphere 1.2.1 / fw 13.1.0

Dumping NSP of downloaded, legitimately purchased game (Ruined King), I get a new error (for me);
readNcaDataByContentId: failed to read 16 bytes block at offset ___ from NCA "___"! (___
processNcaCtrSectionBlock: failed to read encrypted data block from NCA "___"!
processProgramNca: failed to read Program NCA section at #0 PFS0 partition header!

I can of course fill in those blanks with the alphanumeric strings if that helps, but can anybody point me to a work-around or solution for this?

And BTW, this tool is freakin' fantastic! Thanks so much for all the work done on it.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm using NXDumpTool 1.1.14 on Atmosphere 1.2.1 / fw 13.1.0

Dumping NSP of downloaded, legitimately purchased game (Ruined King), I get a new error (for me);
readNcaDataByContentId: failed to read 16 bytes block at offset ___ from NCA "___"! (___
processNcaCtrSectionBlock: failed to read encrypted data block from NCA "___"!
processProgramNca: failed to read Program NCA section at #0 PFS0 partition header!

I can of course fill in those blanks with the alphanumeric strings if that helps, but can anybody point me to a work-around or solution for this?

And BTW, this tool is freakin' fantastic! Thanks so much for all the work done on it.
This is because nxdumptool doesn't support sparse titles. Read last few posts.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As far as I understand to dump game from eShop dumper does not need to know how to work with sparse nca. All it need to do is to copy nca to output nsp and convert personal ticket to common. For ticket conversion dumper needs to know rightsid and this is stored in nca header, which is the same in all NCA.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
v1.1.8, not 1.1.18
No you are wrong is 1.1.8 the version in OP and we have arrived at 1.1.14
Screenshot_20220115-091925_Edge.jpg

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be run under CFW (Atmosphere) to dump eShop games from the SD card purchased on sysNAND (OFW) ?

For example,

1) Booted into OFW and purchased games from eShop. Installed to SD card.
2) Boot into CFW and generate NSP to install on emuNAND.

(I don't want to boot CFW on sysNAND but I want to copy my purchased games to emuNAND)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Can this be run under CFW (Atmosphere) to dump eShop games from the SD card purchased on sysNAND (OFW) ?

For example,

1) Booted into OFW and purchased games from eShop. Installed to SD card.
2) Boot into CFW and generate NSP to install on emuNAND.

(I don't want to boot CFW on sysNAND but I want to copy my purchased games to emuNAND)
It's not possible, sadly. But fear not, it is completely fine to run the latest version of Atmosphère under sysMMC. As long as you don't do anything that alters the eMMC in any way (like installing NSPs), you should be fine.

I know devs who don't use an emuMMC at all and their consoles haven't been banned -- because there's no reason for them to be. Atmosphère blocks all telemetry by default by redirecting logs to the SD card.

Hint: nxdumptool doesn't and never will alter your eMMC.

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it normal that the dumping speed is only around 0.26 MiB/s (i.e. 14 Gb game will take 20 hours?). I started it by holding the R-button during launching of a game.
EDIT: okay it looks like that the speed is raising depending on the files currently being extracted. I now have 2.06 MiB/s :)

Last edited by jnl1,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that the dumping speed is only around 0.26 MiB/s (i.e. 14 Gb game will take 20 hours?). I started it by holding the R-button during launching of a game.
EDIT: okay it looks like that the speed is raising depending on the files currently being extracted. I now have 2.06 MiB/s :)
Are you sure you have a true and not a fake sdcard?

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I hope it's ok for me to ask, but I can't seem to dump the romfs of splatoon 3 due to "invalid header size" :(
is there any way to fix this? I most certainly ran my most recent version of lockpick_rcm so i'm just a bit confused!

maztz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I hope it's ok for me to ask, but I can't seem to dump the romfs of splatoon 3 due to "invalid header size" :(
is there any way to fix this? I most certainly ran my most recent version of lockpick_rcm so i'm just a bit confused!
I don't think anyone will get to that in a while since you can just dump the game card version without any issues. I've had the same problem with the digital version of the game for a long time now.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone will get to that in a while since you can just dump the game card version without any issues. I've had the same problem with the digital version of the game for a long time now.
how odd. well, i was able to dump it with ryunjix after making an nsp of the digital version.
glad that worked..

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Can somebody please explain the "Change NPDM RSA key/sig in Program NCA" option? It used to default to off, now it seems to default to on? This is after updating to 1.1.15

maztz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how odd. well, i was able to dump it with ryunjix after making an nsp of the digital version.
glad that worked..
I found a new method however you have to dump the game uncompressed, so not being in a nsp file. This dumps the base game and the update together so it totals out to be 5gb since the base game is 3 and the update is 2, the size won't really change if it were to be "compressed" into one file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.