OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has been out for 2 whole days and this app STILL isn't finished yet!?

Jk, great work, this is very a very impressive app so far!

Last edited by SaffronXL,

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is still being worked on, can I mention something? In another thread, somebody was showing that they made a different level graphic pack, it just wasn't fully tested yet. Is there any way that you could set it up so that if we ever fully figure out graphics/music, we can package them with our level and use them? It would be kind of cool to have any graphics and audio for a level that we want, instead of just the pre-packaged themes that the game comes with.

Anyways, no idea how difficult this would be to implement, so I thought I'd ask.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is still being worked on, can I mention something? In another thread, somebody was showing that they made a different level graphic pack, it just wasn't fully tested yet. Is there any way that you could set it up so that if we ever fully figure out graphics/music, we can package them with our level and use them? It would be kind of cool to have any graphics and audio for a level that we want, instead of just the pre-packaged themes that the game comes with.

Anyways, no idea how difficult this would be to implement, so I thought I'd ask.
It requires a rom hack, this would only edit saves.

Reactions: zeldaism and CeeDee

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You should add checks to see if the titleID is EUR/USA and then use the appriate byte 1A05 or 1A04 for the version.
I bet if you posted it on github you would have that added by some hero without a cape.
(You dont need to make a release page or anything, Just post the source code even if its unfinished - The fact you havent added it yet confuses me :l)

And what would happen if I were to opensoos it before I have fully RE'd the file formats? I would just get nagged even more, that the not-yet-implemented features don't work (because shit, they aren't implemented), and the noobs who can't read would bother me for fucking up their saves, even tho' I would have clearly stated that "because the hash can't yet be recalculated, it'll corrupt your files". Also, the CUI is hard to manage at this point, so it'll have a GUI by the time I' release the sooscode. Just sit down on your asses, and calm the fuck down, 'k? :teach:

OMFG YISS! I luv it ^_^

Last edited by Sono,

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, this looks like it will be a really useful app once it gets fully finished!

Since we're able to dump and partially reinject saves, do you know what the flag is for a downloaded course that sets it as downloaded? I have one and want to spread it through Streetpass, but it won't let me cause it's not my level.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really excited about this project now. I've just finished the Mario Challenge, including the extra 19th world, so have unlocked all the course elements. But I have no motivation to create courses as I can't share them online. I can't wait for this to get to the stage where we can actually dump, upload, download and inject individual courses with some degree of ease :)

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm really excited about this project now. I've just finished the Mario Challenge, including the extra 19th world, so have unlocked all the course elements. But I have no motivation to create courses as I can't share them online. I can't wait for this to get to the stage where we can actually dump, upload, download and inject individual courses with some degree of ease :)

I just added savefile dumping, so you can back up your current Progress (pun intended) :P Once I stop battling with FSUSER (writing to the file succeeds, but the contents get reset to their previous values :angry:) I'll upload a newer version which also has Progress backup/restore and save slot shuffler (because why not, lol) :P

Also, gg :yay3ds: I barely managed to reach 4-3 :rofl2:

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I just added savefile dumping, so you can back up your current Progress (pun intended) :P Once I stop battling with FSUSER (writing to the file succeeds, but the contents get reset to their previous values :angry:) I'll upload a newer version which also has Progress backup/restore and save slot shuffler (because why not, lol) :P
Does it dump the whole save as one file or as individual course files? If the former, do you know if it will be possible to separate them?

Also, gg :yay3ds: I barely managed to reach 4-3 :rofl2:
It's worth persevering. The Mario Challenge levels are actually fantastic - I'd say almost on par with a standalone SMB game.

Reactions: Autz

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does it dump the whole save as one file or as individual course files? If the former, do you know if it will be possible to separate them?

Nonono... "Progress" is a file in the user savedata, whereas the "course###" files are in ExtData :teach:

It's worth persevering. The Mario Challenge levels are actually fantastic - I'd say almost on par with a standalone SMB game.

Ninty pulled some cheap tricks there-and-there, but overall it's pretty challenging (no shit), and I actually like the SMW ones :P My only problem is that the physics are the same with different graphics, which confuses me quite a lot, both in controls and platform-specific quirks (like for example in SMB you can stomp an enemy from the side by colliding with it while falling, or spinjumping with A in SMW), but eh... :P

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Nonono... "Progress" is a file in the user savedata, whereas the "course###" files are in ExtData :teach:
Oh right. So does it export the courses from extdata yet? I couldn't see it on the feature list. Or is this not necessary? Can they just be copied from extdata on the SD card and transferred to another console?

Ninty pulled some cheap tricks there-and-there, but overall it's pretty challenging (no shit), and I actually like the SMW ones :P My only problem is that the physics are the same with different graphics, which confuses me quite a lot, both in controls and platform-specific quirks (like for example in SMB you can stomp an enemy from the side by colliding with it while falling, or spinjumping with A in SMW), but eh... :P
I hadn't noticed that. Things felt pretty consistent to me. But then, I haven't played the earlier SMB games much, so I probably wouldn't notice if there was something wrong with the physics as long as they made them more like the modern versions.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh right. So does it export the courses from extdata yet? I couldn't see it on the feature list. Or is this not necessary? Can they just be copied from extdata on the SD card and transferred to another console?

Yes, that's the original functionality :rofl2: I added the "Savefile management" option a few hours ago which includes the "Progress" file fuckery :P
Also, you can transfer the savefiles to other consoles (and should behave like it was received via StreetPass), but you also need to update your "Progress" file for that, or overwrite some of your levels.

I hadn't noticed that. Things felt pretty consistent to me. But then, I haven't played the earlier SMB games much, so I probably wouldn't notice if there was something wrong with the physics as long as they made them more like the modern versions.

I like to abuse some glitches to speedrun the games :P (who doesn't like abusing glitches anyways?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...