Obama to boost U.S. Broadband Development

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could have the same faith in the US government as you.
Thinking of the government only brings frustration and empty promises to mind anymore.
If it's not that way for you, then I'm happy for you.
I wish more ppl had a reason to believe our government isn't crap. Including myself.
If I was rich, I wouldn't have to care since I could buy my way in and out of everything like they do.

The government isn't just some monolithic force of corruption and evil; it's an institution made up of people just like you and me. You say I have faith in it, but I think it's more accurate to say I have faith in people. People are flawed and make mistakes, but generally mean well. The government is the same way.

Has the United States made mistakes? Of course! Has it always done the right thing? Of course not! Has it tried through all the missteps? For the most part, I'd say the answer is yes.

Are you dissatisfied with the direction the country has taken? That's fine, many people are, but don't be silent. Vote, campaign, support the candidates and politicians you believe are best suited for the job (or run yourself if you find none), spread the message; our Constitution was written with this in mind. Just giving into hopeless defeatism accomplishes nothing, though. Of course nothing will change if you don't fight for it.

The government isn't perfect, but it's never a lost cause. It can always be made it better.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thinking of the government only brings frustration and empty promises to mind anymore.
I wish more ppl had a reason to believe our government isn't crap. Including myself.
If I was rich, I wouldn't have to care since I could buy my way in and out of everything like they do.

The government isn't just some monolithic force of corruption and evil; it's an institution made up of people just like you and me. You say I have faith in it, but I think it's more accurate to say I have faith in people. People are flawed and make mistakes, but generally mean well. The government is the same way.

Has the United States made mistakes? Of course! Has it always done the right thing? Of course not! Has it tried through all the missteps? For the most part, I'd say the answer is yes.

Are you dissatisfied with the direction the country has taken? That's fine, many people are, but don't be silent. Vote, campaign, support the candidates and politicians you believe are best suited for the job (or run yourself if you find none), spread the message; our Constitution was written with this in mind. Just giving into hopeless defeatism accomplishes nothing, though. Of course nothing will change if you don't fight for it.

The government isn't perfect, but it's never a lost cause. It can always be made it better.
When I saw this 4 hour documentary of the murder of a previous president that goes by the name of John F. Kennedy, I lost all hope in the government and I am convinced they are corrupt.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just sayin the US government never does anything without their own agenda in mind.
I agree first thing i thought actually when i read the title. Im sure they will implement some sort of piracy blocker/way to censor the internet.

You can stop the piracy, but please do not censor my information =(. i feel that we cant have uncensored information without people using the same means to steal copy files.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably the first thing the man has done that I approve of.

But then again, I can't see why anyone would disapprove of faster internet.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Faster internet, but what you do with it once the fine print on the agreements start kicking in? It's anyone's guess as to what's the catch on this thing is.

Here's to hoping it isn't some crazy shit that's gonna bite the world when the time comes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's great that the U.S will start developing a fast broadband infrastructure with f*ck all to dowload with it. If MPAA, ESA, RIAA and the likes don't tone down their hopes of controling the internet and actually succeed in their cursade for disrupting free flow of information, the whole U.S may just as well revert to Dial-Up.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When I saw this 4 hour documentary of the murder of a previous president that goes by the name of John F. Kennedy, I lost all hope in the government and I am convinced they are corrupt.

This documentary was in favor of the conspiracy and cover up theories (using the word as loosely as possible here), right?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Faster internet is always a good thing (as long as it's free of RIAA,MPAA and all of those other crappy companies trying to control it).

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A government made up of people just like you and me in Germany not so long ago shipped off as many Jews as it could ... millions of them ... to concentration camps where they were either immediately murdered upon arrival or else worked and starved to death. No, I'm not trying to compare the US govt to that, just trying to remind you not to have so much faith in the good intentions of either "people" or any government.

Just something to think about: There is nothing that government can give you that was not first taken from someone else under threat of force.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Something similar is happening to Australia at the moment.
They are setting up fiber optic in 80-something% of the country.
The maximum download speeds promised are 1Gbps and for people in remote locations that need to use satellites will get a maximum of 8Gbps.
On the note of SOPA/PIPA i think its horrible that people are trying to take away our internet freedom.
The internet is global! It's pretty much what keeps us from the stone age.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice...we miiiiight see this in 10 years, where the rest of the world will be at 1Gbps and we are stuck at 25Mbps...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe we should all move to North Korea?
Maybe China?
Rwanda?
South Africa?
The U.S. is so terrible and those governments know exactly what they're doing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...