Nvidia's Shield console gets price and release date

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'd say pricey, but 4 cpu cores (though arm), and 72 gpu cores makes the console far from weak, but quite powerful. So yeah, I have mixed feelings about this one

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
NINTENDO IS DOOMED
hyoaPjf.png

Reactions: Ergo

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might buy it but that depends on what it offers that no other handheld has. Shit, if someone came up with a GameCube emulator that worked well I'd fork over the cash.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I think this is waaaay too overpriced.
I mean, you can't play crazy hd games but you can stream, ok, but in order to stream you need an even more expensive PC.
lol nvidia...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As it stands today, the console's quite powerful but lacks the software to back up such a high price. I suppose it goes well with NVidia's previous statement about the PS4 being "netbook grade" in the sense that they're not pulling any punches with this one.

Unfortunately the only way I see this possibly working out as a genuine gaming system is a huge advertising campaign to draw in developers and get some TegraZone-exclusive software that really shows what the hardware is capable of... which isn't very likely to happen as developers will always opt to release their Android apps on the Play Store simultaneously with TegraZone given the chance, simply to attract more potential customers.

That, and I agree that the system looks hideous and in fact not very portable. Shape-wise it seems to be a flattened 360 controller with a screen - not something you'd carry around, at least not in your pocket... maybe in a bag/backpack or a special case.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Considering that nvidia products in general are very high priced (and that the thing is near-useless unless you have a super-kickass pc to stream stuff from, at which point you're easily rich enough to get this aswell), this is no surprise.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sounds like a lot of power...for such a small screen.
It's not the size, it's how you use it It's 720p, so probably 1280 × 720, that's a lot of pixels. And it has HDMI-out, so I'm assuming it supports 1080p as well.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not the size, it's how you use it It's 720p, so probably 1280 × 720, that's a lot of pixels. And it has HDMI-out, so I'm assuming it supports 1080p as well.
HDMI doesn't automatically equal 1080p capability. Tons of flat screens that only go up to 720p have HDMI ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?