Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fantastic, Psi-hate! I can't wait to test preview 2 out next weekend!

Have any of you managed to get recording working with DS mode or local play enabled? I'd really like to record Triforce Heroes locally sometime, so I don't have to connect all 3 of my/siblings' 3DSes online...

Reactions: Psi-hate

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I will say framerates are dramatically improved with the new Preview2 release. I can even disable streaming of bottom screen properly by adjusting priority settings when using the remoteplay command, so for things where I dont' need the bottomscreen, I can squeeze out a bit more FPS from the topscreen. With no bottom screen active, I was getting a solid 30FPS in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. With bottom screen at default settings, it was doing about 25-26FPS on average. Which is not bad at all! This is now a preferred recording method over camera in box technology and is nearly comparable to that of a capture card.

The only downside is bottom screen frame rates not being as good. But for many projects, this may not be a big concern. It certainly makes things much better for the smaller YouTube channels who can't afford an expensive capture card. Say goodbye the camera in box thing, because this is now a suitable replacement for that. (for most games. :D )

Also for those wondering, this will NEVER work in DS/GBA mode. That's because of how those modes work. Some system module or service is hijacked to make use of video streaming and said service is CTR only. So no video streaming in DS/GBA mode can be done. Unless you do some heavy changes to twlBg. But then you may not be able to use wifi correctly, so it would probably be a waste of time tryiing to get it to work that way assuming it's possible at all.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering why audio can't be streamed?
It probably could but it would cause some slow down (since that's something else that would need to be streamed).

If you're considering recording some gameplay for YouTube or Twitch, buy a male to male auxiliary cable and connect that to your PC and 3DS :P or just connect your 3DS to some speakers or headphones if it's for personal use.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Still not tried this but glad to see there is a nice difference between Preview 1 and 2 did the known issue "When in-game plugins was loaded, it is not possible to switch to other games without a reboot." get fixed.

Pretty much waiting till I can use NTR like I always have with the added bonus of capture if I choose too, bring on stable :)

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Cakes CFW emunand version 10.7. I've tried installing NTR but i just get the error "firmware version not supported".

Can't find a clear answer on how to fix this. Does NTR just not work with cakes or something?

Last edited by Tzuba,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the new cia. Not sure if it matters but that may help?
I did that too when I switched the .bin files..... I'm so confused
EDIT: Well I don't know what I did but I'm not getting the syntax error anymore. It all looks normal but nothing shows up in NTR. After using the "remoteplay" command I don't get the usual pink flash...

Last edited by Majickhat55,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Weird, preview 2 doesn't work at all for me. Just about every command I enter throws back several lines of Python errors, just trying to connect will take several attempts before succeeding (I've been copying and pasting the same command over and over, so it can't be due to a mistyped command). And I've never been able to get remoteplay to work, if I enter just remotely(), it throws an invalid quality error, but if I use the quality options, it throws back the same Python errors as when trying to connect, then eventually it disconnects from my 3DS automatically.

Switching back to preview 1's files fixes all of these issues.

But I guess errors like this are to be expected with preview builds... :(

Update: This error has been fixed, it was due to a problem on my end and not because of NTR.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, preview 2 doesn't work at all for me. Just about every command I enter throws back several lines of Python errors, just trying to connect will take several attempts before succeeding (I've been copying and pasting the same command over and over, so it can't be due to a mistyped command). And I've never been able to get remoteplay to work, if I enter just remotely(), it throws an invalid quality error, but if I use the quality options, it throws back the same Python errors as when trying to connect, then eventually it disconnects from my 3DS automatically.

Switching back to preview 1's files fixes all of these issues.
Same thing is basically happening to me. I got past the syntax error it was throwing, but now I get Rvserc error 100000 or whatever it is. Says it connects to the server fine, but remoteplay doesn't flash and nothing shows up in NTR at all.

EDIT: scratch that. it's working just fine now. Jeez, I need to stop jumping the gun Lol. I fixed the errors like this:
1. Swaped ntr.bins
2. Deleted NTR CFW
3. Installed NTR again
4. Replaced the old NTRbugger/NTRViewer folders with the new ones by merging, not replacing entirely (for some reason a newly created config_xml throws the syntax error, I kept the old one from preview 1 in the NTRbugger folder)
5.Merged the NTRviewer folder with the old one.
6. Ran the program like normal and it worked fine :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to load NTR, without enabling the debugger, then loading Homebrew, using CTR-httpwn and then HANS. THEN enable the debugger to stream a RomFS? Or would that not work Lol. Seems like a lot of incompatible programs but it was just a though if they "play nice".

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It seems that preview 2 doesn't work on my system at all... :(

Update: This error has been fixed, it was due to a problem on my end and not because of NTR.

Here is the procedure I used for testing both previews:

Preview 1
N3DS
Deleted/uninstalled all preinstalled ntr.bin and bootntr.cia files
Copied across preview 1 ntr.bin to mSD root
Installed preview 1 bootntr.cia via DevMenu

PC
Launched preview 1 FakeProxy

N3DS
Launched BootNTR, started debbugger

PC
Opened preview 1 ntrclient
>connect('192.168.0.101', 8000)
Connection successful on first attempt
Opened ntrviewer
>remoteplay()
Video mirroring successful

Preview 2
N3DS
Deleted/uninstalled all preinstalled ntr.bin and bootntr.cia files
Copied across preview 2 ntr.bin to mSD root
Installed preview 2 bootntr.cia via DevMenu

PC
Launched preview 2 FakeProxy

N3DS
Launched BootNTR, started debbugger

PC
Opened preview 2 ntrclient
>connect('192.168.0.101', 8000)
Connection unsuccessful on first attempt, returns several lines of Python errors
Connection works eventually without changing the initial command
Opened ntrviewer
>remoteplay()
Video mirroring unsuccessful, returns invalid quality error
>remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 30)
Video mirroring unsuccessful, returns several lines of Python errors
Repeating the same command returns the same errors, even after 10 repeats
Connection to 3DS automatically fails over time

Last edited by NekoMichi,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@NekoMichi, why do you use fakeproxy? I have never used it before.
The 3DS won't stay connected to a Wi-Fi AP if it doesn't detect an Internet connection, FakeProxy allows the 3DS to stay connected under this circumstance.

(My AP can't be connected to the Internet line as it's too far away)

Reactions: Psi-hate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==