Hacking [Release] NTR CFW 2.0 for New 3DS

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
US/EU support has been available for a couple of days now, and is running wonderfully on my 9.2 EU n3DS!

Never going to happen.

Firstly, NTR does not now, nor will it ever, support unsigned .cia installation (First post, fourth line; "In short, no cia, no piracy."). Launching a .3dsx however, may be possible.

Secondly .cia files are archives (think .zip or .rar files) not executables and are used to install software. Installing software to the home menu requires ARM9 kernel access. NTR has no ARM9 access at all, it's entirely ARM11.

Awesome thanks! So I would need a EU version of cubic ninja right?

riceownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a jpn n3ds to try this out but is there anyway to buy jpn cubic ninja on eshop without updating the system? The physical copy is pretty expensive online.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
there are many translation plugins available on Chinese forums now (ie. zelda albw, bravely default, mh4g, etc.).

it has been asked before, but i don't think answered.
do you have plans for OoT support? if you do, i will not buy cubic ninja.
but if there is not plan for supporting booting via OoT, i will buy cubic ninja :) thank you

Reactions: Margen67

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it has been asked before, but i don't think answered.
do you have plans for OoT support? if you do, i will not buy cubic ninja.
but if there is not plan for supporting booting via OoT, i will buy cubic ninja :) thank you

no plan at this moment :(

Reactions: cearp

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
So just got my new 3ds from aus, it's firmware is 9.0.0-20E am I able to regionfree this? Also will sky3ds work with the cubic ninja on this firmware

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just got my new 3ds from aus, it's firmware is 9.0.0-20E am I able to regionfree this? Also will sky3ds work with the cubic ninja on this firmware

Note: This thread is old and for version 2.0. The current thread is on 2.2. Do not attempt to use 2.0 on an E region console, it will not work.

You can run NTR-CFW 2.2 on a E region (includes AUS) to run your carts region-free. Note some games may take additional manual setup in order to run. Note that without future developments you cannot play any games that require their own updates (Pokemon, Smash...) online.
Past that, yes, a Sky3DS can substitute for your copy of Cubic Ninja. Just make sure the correct region of the game is on it.

blizzardcyclone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL ambassador edition New Nintendo 3DS. Unfortunately the prior owner updated to 9.6 FW. Is there anyway I can run my real US 3DS game cartridges at this point? Please let me know. Thank you.

Edit
Also, if not right now, do you think it will be possible in the future?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.