Hacking [Release] NTR CFW 2.0 for New 3DS

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I totally agree tho

edit: ''Still, would you smash the copying machine at work just to prevent your co-workers from copying books? If you built PCs, would you insist on not allowing your customers to have DVD-R drives, just because they can be used to copy movies? Backups devices have a legitimate use. Just like box cutters, which were never intended to be used for hijacking airplanes and flying them into skyscrapers.''

this is irrefutable

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried NTR and it's great, so job well done! I'm curious, though, if it's possible to update foreign games somehow. For example, I would like to update my Japanese copy of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire on my US N3DS. I understand it's not possible at the moment, but do you think it's technically possible within NTR in time?

Thanks!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to make sure im on the same page, NTR CFW is somewhat like emunand (in a sense that it's updateable without affecting the sysnand)?
No, NTR is not emuNAND. Performing a system update via the normal methods will update your sysNAND.

you really need to learn how to write things concisely
Or alternatively, learn how to use spoiler tags.

hoodlum47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright question for you guys, I want to try this out with my eshop games but they are all on my 9.5 emunand and it has been unlinked from my sysnand. Also it is worth noting they were never on my sysnand to begin with since I system transferred straight to the emunand. Am I screwed?

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
NTR Debugger.

the client source is available.
the debugger service is a built-in feature of NTR CFW, which there are no plans to release it at this moment.
I think adding features on client side is enough in most situations.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
A plugin to autoboot a .cia or .3dsx at launch would be interesting too, we could directly boot Sunshell and Sunshell has a built-in FTP feature...

although with the plugins, i think you have to call up the menu, and 'run' it, so this might not be possible with NTR at the moment

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Cell9,

I'm new to 3DS programming but I try to learn fast. I figured some interesting changes I could make with the write command of NTR debugger. I would like to know if it's possible to do the same thing that a write command does (writing bytes into any process memory space) with libntrplg and if you could provide an example or just the function names I should use as I can't figure it out how to tell the plugin to write at address x of process with pid y.

Thank you.

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Question, will any region cubic ninja cart work for this? Also, any news for EU versions of the N3ds?
US/EU support has been available for a couple of days now, and is running wonderfully on my 9.2 EU n3DS!

A plugin to autoboot a .cia or .3dsx at launch would be interesting too, we could directly boot Sunshell and Sunshell has a built-in FTP feature...
Never going to happen.

Firstly, NTR does not now, nor will it ever, support unsigned .cia installation (First post, fourth line; "In short, no cia, no piracy."). Launching a .3dsx however, may be possible.

Secondly .cia files are archives (think .zip or .rar files) not executables and are used to install software. Installing software to the home menu requires ARM9 kernel access. NTR has no ARM9 access at all, it's entirely ARM11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released