Hacking NTRBOOT IS OUT!!!!

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can unbrick any 3ds as long as the motherboard doesnt have physical damage
Interesting, I did go through the installation and followed all the directions successfully, but I don't know how to unbrick my 2ds xD It's still the black screen even after injecting the ntrboot into my flash card ^^
you can unbrick any 3ds as long as the motherboard doesnt have physical damage

Interesting, I did go through the installation and followed all the directions successfully, but I don't know how to unbrick my 2ds xD It's still the black screen even after injecting the ntrboot into my flash card ^^ I didn't take it apart or anything, so I know there is no damage to the motherboard to my knoweldge :P

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I did go through the installation and followed all the directions successfully, but I don't know how to unbrick my 2ds xD It's still the black screen even after injecting the ntrboot into my flash card ^^

Interesting, I did go through the installation and followed all the directions successfully, but I don't know how to unbrick my 2ds xD It's still the black screen even after injecting the ntrboot into my flash card ^^ I didn't take it apart or anything, so I know there is no damage to the motherboard to my knoweldge :P

For you 2DS, what are you doing exactly? For me, I used the sleep slider, held down start+select+x, and then held down the power button for a second or two, then undid the sleep slider. Hard to tell if it actually worked, though, given this is my modded 2DS and it could have been booting boot.firm regardless. :)

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For you 2DS, what are you doing exactly? For me, I used the sleep slider, held down start+select+x, and then held down the power button for a second or two, then undid the sleep slider. Hard to tell if it actually worked, though, given this is my modded 2DS and it could have been booting boot.firm regardless. :)
That's what I think i've been doing, but i'll keep trying an update you on my progress :D Thanks for the info!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you trying to say? That you couldn't get your console to load up SafeB9SInstaller? Saying you went through all of the directions sucessfully but can't unbrick is a bit odd, right? If it were bricked it couldn't load anything?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Even a New 2DS XL on 11.5?
The only way to for The Big N to kill this is literally new hardware. This is a bootrom exploit and every single system uses the same bootrom. So it doesn't matter what the OFW is nor even the hardware, this will work and it can't be patched out.

Reactions: Myria

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to say? That you couldn't get your console to load up SafeB9SInstaller? Saying you went through all of the directions sucessfully but can't unbrick is a bit odd, right? If it were bricked it couldn't load anything?
Well that's the thing, it wasn't loading anything, but im retrying steps and checking over just to make sure I did everything correctly.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's the thing, it wasn't loading anything, but im retrying steps and checking over just to make sure I did everything correctly.
2DS or 3DS variant? If 3DS, are you putting the magnet in the right spot, directly over the ABXY buttons? Plailect notes that it's an awkward position. Also, you don't know for 100% that your motherboard isn't damaged, right?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My older AK2i shows as unsupported, my newer AK2i appears to be supported by ntrboot_flasher but after injecting, it still acts as a normal flashcart and does not appear to actually function as an ntrboot card when I tried it on my 2DS. I've restored and tried again several times.

Going to go check out d3m3vilurr's Decrypt9/ak2firm.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welp, looks like ak2i don't need to retore our bootloaders in order to still use our carts [emoji14]
I am still restoring mine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Although I prefer to keep my setup as stock as possible for my own personal tests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1