Hacking NTR Preview 2 N3DS Streaming 3-4X Faster! (Side by Side Comparison)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aln16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ih8ih8sn0w I think there might be another problem. I was looking at the link you provided, it seems that my router might be different. I got message from the seller and here is what he stated "Your IP Address should really be something like 192.xxx.xxx.xxx, if it's starting with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, it usually means you are on a huge network, like connecting directly to your internet modem and not on a store-bought regular router like a linksys or something like that. This is a problem. You need a home router to share multiple connection locally. I'm not sure you will be able to use NTR without one. Good news is it's not expensive and walmart/target or bestbuy has some starting at around 35$. You can try via your 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address but I'm really not sure about this."

Should I buy another router for this? I don't mind if it works, it could be the main reason why I cannot get correct IP address.

Last edited by Aln16,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ih8ih8sn0w I think there might be another problem. I was looking at the link you provided, it seems that my router might be different. I got message from the seller and here is what he stated "Your IP Address should really be something like 192.xxx.xxx.xxx, if it's starting with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, it usually means you are on a huge network, like connecting directly to your internet modem and not on a store-bought regular router like a linksys or something like that. This is a problem. You need a home router to share multiple connection locally. I'm not sure you will be able to use NTR without one. Good news is it's not expensive and walmart/target or bestbuy has some starting at around 35$. You can try via your 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address but I'm really not sure about this."

Should I buy another router for this? I don't mind if it works, it could be the main reason why I cannot get correct IP address.
That might be the issue actually tbh. If you do go out and buy a router, I recommend that you make sure that you can return it (Just my opinion). It might be the issue, but if it isn't, its always great to be able to return for a refund.

Aln16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ih8ih8sn0w I went ahead and bought Linksys router and tried IP address 192.x.x.x just now, it connected but then the NTR viewer was blank, just white screen and nothing was on it. I am not sure if I connected my 3DS to my laptop properly or not. I had my charging cable to 3DS and other to my laptop so not sure if it is wrong or something else is the problem. I have new router for few days to try before I know to keep it or have to return it for a refund.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ih8ih8sn0w I went ahead and bought Linksys router and tried IP address 192.x.x.x just now, it connected but then the NTR viewer was blank, just white screen and nothing was on it. I am not sure if I connected my 3DS to my laptop properly or not. I had my charging cable to 3DS and other to my laptop so not sure if it is wrong or something else is the problem. I have new router for few days to try before I know to keep it or have to return it for a refund.
Charging cables shouldn't have any effect. When you connected via the debugger, did it say "Connected", followed by "null"? If so, then that side of the process seems to be working properly. Do you have the correct ntr.bin file at the root of your N3DS' micro SD card?

The tools also seem to require Python/.NET 4.0, make sure those are properly installed on your PC.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you type 'remoteplay()' after you connected?

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Aln16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NekoMichi This message displays now, yes it shows connected and null. I saw someone's tutorial online and now almost similar message is showing up to mine. I was thinking it is fine compared to before as well. How can I know if the correct ntr.bin file is at root of my N3DS micro SD card? I downloaded it at this website https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntrcfw-3-4-preview1-support-video-output-on-new-3ds.422618/ (Starter Kit zip NTR 3.4, second link). I downloaded the folder, extracted the files then just followed the steps. I'm not sure if I have Python/.NET 4.0 installed into my PC but it is in the folder, I could be wrong. Also should I just keep my N3DS connected to my computer with usb the entire time or not connected at all?

NTR debugger by cell9
> import sys;sys.path.append('.\python\Lib')
null
> for n in [n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')]: globals()[n] = getattr(nc,n)
null
Commands available:
> repr([n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')])
['attachprocess', 'bpadd', 'bpdis', 'bpena', 'connect', 'data', 'disconnect', 'listprocess', 'listthread', 'memlayout', 'queryhandle', 'reload', 'remoteplay', 'resume', 'sayhello', 'sendfile', 'write']
> connect('192.x.x.x', 8000)
null
Server connected.
rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000
> remoteplay()
null
Will be disconnected in 10 seconds to enhance performance.
illegal quality
> disconnect()
null
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Server disconnected.

@ih8ih8sn0w yes I typed remoteplay() afterwards, it seems to be better than before except the game is not loading. Maybe I'm missing something, not sure.

Last edited by Aln16,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@NekoMichi This message displays now, yes it shows connected and null. I saw someone's tutorial online and now almost similar message is showing up to mine. I was thinking it is fine compared to before as well. How can I know if the correct ntr.bin file is at root of my N3DS micro SD card? I downloaded it at this website https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntrcfw-3-4-preview1-support-video-output-on-new-3ds.422618/ (Starter Kit zip NTR 3.4, second link). I downloaded the folder, extracted the files then just followed the steps. I'm not sure if I have Python/.NET 4.0 installed into my PC but it is in the folder, I could be wrong. Also should I just keep my N3DS connected to my computer with usb the entire time or not connected at all?

NTR debugger by cell9
> import sys;sys.path.append('.\python\Lib')
null
> for n in [n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')]: globals()[n] = getattr(nc,n)
null
Commands available:
> repr([n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')])
['attachprocess', 'bpadd', 'bpdis', 'bpena', 'connect', 'data', 'disconnect', 'listprocess', 'listthread', 'memlayout', 'queryhandle', 'reload', 'remoteplay', 'resume', 'sayhello', 'sendfile', 'write']
> connect('192.x.x.x', 8000)
null
Server connected.
patching smdh
starting app: 000400000f800100
FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478patching smdh
> remoteplay()
null
Will be disconnected in 10 seconds to enhance performance.
illegal quality
> disconnect()
null
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Server disconnected.

@ih8ih8sn0w yes I typed remoteplay() afterwards, it seems to be better than before except the game is not loading. Maybe I'm missing something, not sure.
The files from that link are from beta 1, the latest version is beta 2, which can be downloaded from here.
Delete any ntr.bin file from the root of your N3DS' micro SD card, and replace it with the ntr.bin from the zip. Also, use the debugger and viewer from that zip instead of the older files.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@NekoMichi Oh alright. I'll try to do that right now. What do you mean by root N3DS micro SD card? Not sure if I got that part.
The root is just the default location when you open the SD card from Windows Explorer. It basically means to put the file on your SD card without putting it into any folders on your SD card.

Aln16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NekoMichi Oh ok makes sense! So I tried it with newest beta 2 version and it worked!! After ages it finally worked!! Thank you so much!

There is one thing I noticed, when I went back to stream the game again, I entered IP address and other steps etc the system was not connected or null. It gave me error of could not recognize the system. It keeps happening couple of times before it connects, so I'm not quite sure why it is doing that?! I kept retrying to enter my same IP address earlier before it worked otherwise I would never have figured it out.

Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@NekoMichi Oh ok makes sense! So I tried it with newest beta 2 version and it worked!! After ages it finally worked!! Thank you so much!

There is one thing I noticed, when I went back to stream the game again, I entered IP address and other steps etc the system was not connected or null. It gave me error of could not recognize the system. It keeps happening couple of times before it connects, so I'm not quite sure why it is doing that?! I kept retrying to enter my same IP address earlier before it worked otherwise I would never have figured it out.
The debugger doesn't have a 100% success rate, sometimes it just doesn't want to connect and needs some gentle persuasion (i.e. you have to keep retrying). If you want to switch games, you'll have to close down the entire 3DS and restart the entire process of connecting to the debugger and restarting streaming as for some reason NTR interferes with the game switching process. Also, some games (eg. Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS) will cause the console to disconnect from Wi-Fi, which can interrupt streaming. For Zelda, you'll need to use this command after connecting to the debugger but before using remoteplay:
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

For Pokémon, you'll need to connect to the Internet in-game via the PSS in order to get streaming to work.

Reactions: Aln16

Aln16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NekoMichi Oh ok understood. I thought it usually just works on first try but that explains a lot not, I thought maybe something was wrong at my end but I'll just keep trying/changing IP address so it works again. I tried to run another game (pokemon) a while ago when I was already streaming previous game so it got stuck so I had to restart my 3DS and everything. So I won't be repeating that part again.

That is interesting, for other games there are a bit different steps. For pokemon you mentioned, I need to connect to internet via PSS? I'm a bit lost at that part. Especially at what PSS means.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@NekoMichi Oh ok understood. I thought it usually just works on first try but that explains a lot not, I thought maybe something was wrong at my end but I'll just keep trying/changing IP address so it works again. I tried to run another game (pokemon) a while ago when I was already streaming previous game so it got stuck so I had to restart my 3DS and everything. So I won't be repeating that part again.

That is interesting, for other games there are a bit different steps. For pokemon you mentioned, I need to connect to internet via PSS? I'm a bit lost at that part. Especially at what PSS means.
The PSS is the menu on the lower screen:
image.jpeg
In order to connect to the Internet, click on the Wi-Fi icon on the top-right and then confirm connecting to the Internet. Once connected, you'll be able to use NTR streaming.

Reactions: Aln16

Lindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSS is the menu on the lower screen:
In order to connect to the Internet, click on the Wi-Fi icon on the top-right and then confirm connecting to the Internet. Once connected, you'll be able to use NTR streaming.

When I try to connect pokemon game to PSS it says system update is required. I already went to system settings to update but I'm not sure why it would show me error message that I need to update.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I am using Luma3DS version 11.0 currently. I tried to do NTR streaming of pokemon game but it worked for few seconds and the NTR viewer screen went blank.
Which version of Luma3DS are you using? Make sure you are using Luma 5.5 or above as previous versions don't contain the Friends Module patch which fixes the "update to connect" error message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1