Hacking NTR 3.4 Screen Recorder Test Thread

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. When I type the remoteplay command it tells my illegal quality disconnect in 10 seconds.

Any ideas?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. When I type the remoteplay command it tells my illegal quality disconnect in 10 seconds.

Any ideas?
Are you 100% sure you're not being blocked by your firewall? You could try opening the ports listed on the Wiki. I got that error with preview 1 a while back but I can't remember exactly what caused it.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
D

Deleted User

I used it yesterday for terraria, pretty laggy. How should I record my gameplay? (Windows 10 32-bit)

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, this is a recording of my custom ORAS rom hack testing the NTR 3.4 prview 2:

I do notice i still drop 8 or so frames when running. I am running a Linksys AC1600 router in the same room capable of 300mbps and I am connected via cat 5 ethernet (gigabit) to my pc. This was done at night where there could be no interference and my router is on my windowsil with my desk put against said window where my pc, tv, consoles are. So could it be distance? The NTR preview window shows me getting 34fps average, despite dropping frames? Also only the top screen was streaming for best quality (i think). Any advice on a good setting? Is this the right thread to post?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, this is a recording of my custom ORAS rom hack testing the NTR 3.4 prview 2:

I do notice i still drop 8 or so frames when running. I am running a Linksys AC1600 router in the same room capable of 300mbps and I am connected via cat 5 ethernet (gigabit) to my pc. This was done at night where there could be no interference and my router is on my windowsil with my desk put against said window where my pc, tv, consoles are. So could it be distance? The NTR preview window shows me getting 34fps average, despite dropping frames? Also only the top screen was streaming for best quality (i think). Any advice on a good setting? Is this the right thread to post?

Well TBH there are too many variables to consider for there to be a "best" setting option. The best you can do for now is run the debugger with arguments to increase jpeg compression/bandwith allocation to get the best connection. The Wiki also suggests using channel 1,6, or 11 on your router to further diminish interference on a 2.4 band anyway. Other than that, you're already getting the most you can out of THAT particular game (Maybe a bit smoother with L2 enabled?) it runs average of 35 FPS anyway. Some games don't run at all, others are choppy etc. It all depends on the hardware requirements of the game itself. IMO anything 3D giving you 30+FPS with minimal frame drop is pretty amazing.

EDIT: Distance is always a factor within wireless networks. If it's that close why not use a LAN?

Last edited by Majickhat55,

EternalSeekerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well TBH there are too many variables to consider for there to be a "best" setting option. The best you can do for now is run the debugger with arguments to increase jpeg compression/bandwith allocation to get the best connection. The Wiki also suggests using channel 1,6, or 11 on your router to further diminish interference on a 2.4 band anyway. Other than that, you're already getting the most you can out of THAT particular game (Maybe a bit smoother with L2 enabled?) it runs average of 35 FPS anyway. Some games don't run at all, others are choppy etc. It all depends on the hardware requirements of the game itself. IMO anything 3D giving you 30+FPS with minimal frame drop is pretty amazing.

EDIT: Distance is always a factor within wireless networks. If it's that close why not use a LAN?

Well upon further investigation, I did not have exceptions for port 3000, 8000, 8001 so i configured that. Configured my 2.4ghz to channel 11. Does N3DS use ipv6? My router has a built in firewall for ipv6, so if so I may have to write an exception for that as well.

Edit for video editing, do you guys use premire and photoshop? or is there other solutions?

Last edited by EternalSeekerX,

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Well upon further investigation, I did not have exceptions for port 3000, 8000, 8001 so i configured that. Configured my 2.4ghz to channel 11. Does N3DS use ipv6? My router has a built in firewall for ipv6, so if so I may have to write an exception for that as well.

Edit for video editing, do you guys use premire and photoshop? or is there other solutions?
I use OBS to stream and record and for the editing I use Sony Vegas for quick edits or Adobe After Effects for more complex ones

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to stream Monster Hunter X the other day. It stayed above 24 fps and looks great. I was even able to play online without being disconnected, when before anytime I would try to use NTR to stream, I would be disconnected from the online mode after a few seconds. Not sure what I did to make it work but I think changing my router's channel to channel 1 helped a lot. Was able to stream for 2 hours with no hiccups.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to stream Monster Hunter X the other day. It stayed above 24 fps and looks great. I was even able to play online without being disconnected, when before anytime I would try to use NTR to stream, I would be disconnected from the online mode after a few seconds. Not sure what I did to make it work but I think changing my router's channel to channel 1 helped a lot. Was able to stream for 2 hours with no hiccups.

Man it must be my router or something, but i can get get MHX to look that good with smooth FPS.
Are you playing next to your router? Mine is 1 room over, i would hope it wouldnt make that much of a difference

Last edited by Phemeto,

3DSNoob101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Looks good. I was wondering if you could share what settings you used in the remoteplay command?

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man it must be my router or something, but i can get get MHX to look that good with smooth FPS.
Are you playing next to your router? Mine is 1 room over, i would hope it wouldnt make that much of a difference

Yeah I have a router right on my desk. What might help is having 2 routers. I have my pc, ps4, and wiiu all connected to my router through a wired connection, and only my phone and 3DS connected wirelessly. I think having less things connected to the router wirelessly helps a lot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks good. I was wondering if you could share what settings you used in the remoteplay command?

sure thing!

remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 50)

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I never wanted IPS screens so badly until I tried NTR:(
Z7qarcN.jpg

2Kqjvty.jpg

The latency is pretty low but enough to throw off your skills in Smash or rhythm games, it's perfect for RPGs though.

Attachments

• DSC_0183.JPG
    DSC_0183.JPG
    948.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by lefthandsword,

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay so I tried this now for the first time and it works amazing, I'm getting 24fps and 100% quality with my PC LAN'ed! :D though from reading the past few sites it's possible to achieve higher FPS-rates but it largely depends on the router? :o

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay so I tried this now for the first time and it works amazing, I'm getting 24fps and 100% quality with my PC LAN'ed! :D though from reading the past few sites it's possible to achieve higher FPS-rates but it largely depends on the router? :o
Try this command
remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 85, qosValue = 101)
It will speed up the Gameplay for ~ 10FPS (For me personally)

Reactions: SkyDX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes but Nintendo can sue Nintendo and I'll still win