Hacking NSUI (New Super Ultimate Injector) GBA CIA Injected with mGBA Forwarder Returns Stack Dump Error

thedemonschild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've looked everywhere on the internet for a solution for this but just can't seem to find one. I recently stumbled upon NSUI while looking for an easy way to inject your own GBA games as a CIA on the 3DS. I currently have a New 2DS XL which is fully hacked with Luma and B9S. The rom in question is Pokemon Red Rescue Team. I tried different injectors but couldn't get the game to save properly. After I found NSUI I tried again but couldn't understand the different saves for the injector. There were other options (RetroArch mGBA Forwarder and RetroArch GpSP Forwarder) and I tried those. the mGBA forwarder method is throwing a stack dump error every time whereas the GpSP forwarder is working mostly. The forwarder plays the game and I can even save normally except it will randomly throw a stack dump error forcing me to shut down and doesn't save up to the most recent point. I really want to play this specific game and be able to make a CIA myself so please help me out here, thanks!

https://imgur.com/THrGVAA

https://imgur.com/on2Erur

https://imgur.com/RnZyIw3

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The rom in question is Pokemon Red Rescue Team. I tried different injectors but couldn't get the game to save properly. After I found NSUI I tried again but couldn't understand the different saves for the injector.
Different GBA (and DS and 3DS) games use different, fundamentally incompatible, save chips of different capacities and technologies: and agbfirm emulates most of them - but only recently (september 2017) it was figured out, by Aurora and TuxSH, that among those types was Flash 128K

Flash 128K is used by most formerly-problematic GBA games (all the Pokemon mainline, SMB3, and yes - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), so that's the one you want!

thedemonschild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different GBA (and DS and 3DS) games use different, fundamentally incompatible, save chips of different capacities and technologies: and agbfirm emulates most of them - but only recently (september 2017) it was figured out, by Aurora and TuxSH, that among those types was Flash 128K

Flash 128K is used by most formerly-problematic GBA games (all the Pokemon mainline, SMB3, and yes - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), so that's the one you want!

Thanks for the reply! As helpful as that is, I was also wondering about the other part of my question. Why does retro arch mGBA and GpSP keep throwing me stack dump errors? That's the part that I would really like to figure out.

WardogAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've looked everywhere on the internet for a solution for this but just can't seem to find one. I recently stumbled upon NSUI while looking for an easy way to inject your own GBA games as a CIA on the 3DS. I currently have a New 2DS XL which is fully hacked with Luma and B9S. The rom in question is Pokemon Red Rescue Team. I tried different injectors but couldn't get the game to save properly. After I found NSUI I tried again but couldn't understand the different saves for the injector. There were other options (RetroArch mGBA Forwarder and RetroArch GpSP Forwarder) and I tried those. the mGBA forwarder method is throwing a stack dump error every time whereas the GpSP forwarder is working mostly. The forwarder plays the game and I can even save normally except it will randomly throw a stack dump error forcing me to shut down and doesn't save up to the most recent point. I really want to play this specific game and be able to make a CIA myself so please help me out here, thanks!

Did you ever find a solution to this? Currently I'm having the same issues; I would love to use the VC inject for this particular rom hack (Pokemon Theta Emerald Forever) since its incredibly stable, but the day/night cycle doesn't work. The method that sort of worked was the GpSP forwarder; as you said, it's unstable and the sound is off. I tried the rom hack on a desktop RetroArch and I had the same sound issues, so I think GpSP just isn't playing nice in general. The emulator that worked perfectly with the rom hack on my desktop was mGBA, but the cia file made by the Retro mGBA forwarder ALWAYS crashes on startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...