Homebrew Not64 Update

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got it to compile but Texpacks don't work (roms just look like original) Gamepad works though:P
I'm using the command Make -f Makefile.Rice_wii that's correct right?
Fix's readme says make -f Makefile.menu2_wii

But I'll see what could be the problem.

@ploggy seems like the problem is Fix's makefile uses gln64 by default for the video plugin and not rice.

A new makefile needs to be made to combine both Rice with Fix's gamepad changes.

I'll see what I can do.

Jochte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a real gem. Texture support on wii hardware is a dream come true! I've run into a problem though and cannot get wiiflow to autoboot games from coverflow. Within the rice plugin.ini the argument line that worked for wii64 glide and previous wii64 rice does not work. Does anyone know what argument line works for this wii64 rice/texture .dol?

Also, is the sd card only able to house one texture.pak at a time? What if someone wanted a texture.pak for more than one game? Tests I've performed seem to indicate that only a file named "texture.pak" located on SD:/wii64/hires will work. The posting on github seems to confirm this: "(Wii64Rice Hi-Res pack enabled test build) reads a Wii64 converted texture pack from a hardcoded location on SD: /wii64/hires/texture.pak." Does that seem correct?

Last edited by Jochte,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix's readme says make -f Makefile.menu2_wii

But I'll see what could be the problem.

@ploggy seems like the problem is Fix's makefile uses gln64 by default for the video plugin and not rice.

A new makefile needs to be made to combine both Rice with Fix's gamepad changes.

I'll see what I can do.

Can you look into having the placement of the ricevideolinux.ini on the usb or being able to see it on sd when run from usb? it should be pretty easy to do. im going to have to setup up devkit at some point if nobody can figure this out, its driving me nuts haha.

edit: looking through the source now for the placement of the ini

edit 2: welp after talking to fix94 he informed me that the ini is hardcoded to that location on the sd, so probably not much to be done unless emukidid cares to mess with it at some point.

Last edited by seam,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a save folder in SD:/wii64

like this

SD:/wii64/saves

Ah, that does it! Thanks.

Do you know what NAND pagefile is?
I was trying it out, but it makes the game even worse. What does NAND Pagefile actually do?

Also is it normal that you have to set your controls everytime you start Wii64? I need to map Z to L everytime.

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted a Mario 64 TexPack to Wii64 if anyone want s to test it out :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Be41Er583P5thzH6NWjHy9fvhF8uPezD
Place it in SD:/Wii64/hires.

Textures are working and super mario 64 seems to run pretty well with them on, save for some audio hiccups.
Has anyone had trouble with the wii u pro controller on this wii64 rice/texture version? Controller is always slightly moving on its right on its own. Only happens on this version and not fix94 rice version. launching the dol from the homebrew channel and not a forwarder. On OG Wii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, that does it! Thanks.

Do you know what NAND pagefile is?
I was trying it out, but it makes the game even worse. What does NAND Pagefile actually do?

Also is it normal that you have to set your controls everytime you start Wii64? I need to map Z to L everytime.

Regarding the nand pagefile, thats only necessary for certain games, such as conker's bad fur day. I'll let someone else explain what it does it since I don't want to give inaccurate info. As for controls not being saved, I had that issue before. While mapping the buttons choose which slot you want to save it under. For example I use slot 1 for most games, slot 2 for racers, etc. Then you still have to actually save the changes to the configuration file, either on SD or USB(choose whichever you're booting the app from). If it still doesnt save try deleting the settings/configuration file, so it creates a fresh one on the next boot. That fixed it for me.

Last edited by TheThief,
Reactions: ploggy

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please would someone post a link with a compiled Wii64 with Rice and texture pack support? I cant find it (if it exist at all...) Thanks :)

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue with emukid wii64 rice, left stick moving slightly to the right
Ok so it's not just me.

Please would someone post a link with a compiled Wii64 with Rice and texture pack support? I cant find it (if it exist at all...) Thanks :)

If it exists at all? Lol. There's a link for it in the previous page of this thread. Here it is: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases
Its right under the picture of princess peach. wii64-rice.dol

Reactions: JPnintendo

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same issue with emukid wii64 rice, left stick moving slightly to the right
Ok so it's not just me.

If it exists at all? Lol. There's a link for it in the previous page of this thread. Here it is: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases
Its right under the picture of princess peach. wii64-rice.dol
The stick moving to the right is a problem witht he deadzone code of Wii64.
Fix fixed it in his fork as far as I know.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I haven’t upgraded not64 since summer of last year and I have questions.
Are these new Wii64 builds better in speed and performance?
Which one would you guys recommend for running something like Banjo Kazooie or Resident Evil 2 if they run at all?

Thanks in advance.

arturogalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. I haven’t upgraded not64 since summer of last year and I have questions.
Are these new Wii64 builds better in speed and performance?
Which one would you guys recommend for running something like Banjo Kazooie or Resident Evil 2 if they run at all?

Thanks in advance.
Yes they improved speed and performance a lot, I think RE2 does not work on either of two, but you can run Banjo at full speed with wii64 glide or rice
Take a look on this: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same happening to me, but despite I am using this version https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases, I am still facing it.

Is it expected?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Be sure to reset the sticks using the button combo, or either reset the console and letting it reach the Wii U home menu without touching any analog sticks.
If you touch them during boot, they sometimes get their dead zones moved around.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Be sure to reset the sticks using the button combo, or either reset the console and letting it reach the Wii U home menu without touching any analog sticks.
If you touch them during boot, they sometimes get their dead zones moved around.
Thanks for the response Shadow!

I actually dont have any button combo or something like that, and I did the reset letting the pad idle alone in a table just in case :P but Donkey Kong in his 64 game is still moving a little by himself eheheheh

Anyway, I will try to play it with the other WiiU Pro Controller just in case...

About the injection of the Wii64 emulator, I would like to know whether to check/do the following:

- How do I know that the Cafe2wii is being loaded, despite I see that, for example, DK64 runs pretty well with the Nand stuff activated? (I already have the CHBC and the rest stuff)
- In order to rescale the emulation, I have tried to set 1024x768 size within the RiceVideo.cfg file, exactly as follows below, but instead of rescaling the image and fit into the TV, it only shows one portion of the screen. Maybe it is not possible to reescale it....but still I would like to ask :) whether is possible or not.

These are the settings:

WinModeWidth 640
WinModeHeight 480
FulScreenWidth 1024
FulScreenHeight 768
EnableHacks 1
FrameBufferSetting 0
FrameBufferWriteBackControl 0
RenderToTexture 0
ScreenUpdateSetting 2
FPSColor -1
OpenGLDepthBufferSetting 16