Gaming Not sure but I think PSN for PS3 os getting shut down

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
It could happen. No one really knows yet though.
But if that's the case there are always alternative servers people can make. Its been done before with other systems who had plans on shutting down their online services before.

And its only been three years since the PS3 friend system/online has been running since the PS4 came out officially in north america (2014 I think.)
This thread is from February, talking about it closing March or April. That itself turned out to be false, but it could happen in the future. I mean think at it. Facebook, support dropped. PS Now, support dropped. LittleBigPlanet PSP, support dropped. PSN Store on PSP, support dropped. Inevitably, they will drop a bombshell on the PS3 at some point, and it won't be pretty.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah... eventually... but PS3 is still supported - still physical releases for it as well as digital.
Hell, even the Xbox360 has the online shop still available, and there have been no new X360 games (digital or physical) in 2 years!
Wii U will lose all it's online support long before PS3 does.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this is from February and that we are still alive, but it's definetly gonna happen.
I just hope it takes a while because I still play my PS3 daily. I can't run BF4 on my PC so the low res textures of the PS3 are enough for me.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Look, don't say it won't happen or it never will cuz it will and soon enough I'm afraid.
A couple of friends of mine (one working at Best Buy and the other working at GameStop) told me that Sony is gonna shut down PSN for PS3 on March/April 2017 and at first I thought it was fake but now I've been seeing that might not be.

Tekken Revolution, a free to play game, has been taken off PSN's store last month and people who kept the game, with be able to play online until March 2017 before they shut down the server.
And now the same goes for Grand Theft Auto V in terms of transferring your progress to a newer gen console.

I think you guys should be holding on to your Ps3 more than ever because it might end without a warning or it just might end sooner than you think.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
There's a Best Buy and GameStop in Portugal?

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... eventually... but PS3 is still supported - still physical releases for it as well as digital.
Hell, even the Xbox360 has the online shop still available, and there have been no new X360 games (digital or physical) in 2 years!
Wii U will lose all it's online support long before PS3 does.
Considering the online store has apparently been using the same servers since the Wii Shop Channel, and that the Switch merges funds between 3DS and Wii U, I don't see the store being removed anytime soon. Butchering NNIDs would affect the 3DS, which still is being supported for now. Online for games will probably be phased out eventually, but NNIDs and the eShop will be staying for a while longer.

And let's not forget Nintendo WFC was mainly discontinued due to the closure of Gamespy and being unable to simply update games on the Wii.

Last edited by Gamer4647,

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The ps2 online functionality was supported until 2016. I really doubt the ps3 shop will be halted in the next 1-2 years

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It was a joke, dood. But seriously, a GameStop in Portugal would be a good idea.
Aye.
I don't think so, GAME already had a damn monopoly over games and they went out of business here, Gamestop, as our fellow Americans specify, is also a terrible video game monopoly.
Would be good for people who wanna buy games but terrible for those who want to sell them.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Aye.
I don't think so, GAME already had a damn monopoly over games and they went out of business here, Gamestop, as our fellow Americans specify, is also a terrible video game monopoly.
Would be good for people who wanna buy games but terrible for those who want to sell them.
There's a bunch of CeX stores in Portugal but are they doing well? GAME seems to be doing great in Spain.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

CeX is doing well tho, I really like their service.
GAME on the other hand...
I know GAME is shit in UK (kind of ironic how these two go together) but what's GAME's problem in Portugal? Are they overpriced, lack of branches, lack of employees?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know GAME is shit in UK (kind of ironic how these two go together) but what's GAME's problem in Portugal? Are they overpriced, lack of branches, lack of employees?
Over priced, lack of recent products and of employees.
At least here in Barreiro, regardless when Pokemon X/Y came out FNAC and Worten and pretty much any other store had it BUT them, same goes with Nintendo consoles.
They didn't had a single 3DS besides the regular DSi.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Over priced, lack of recent products and of employees.
At least here in Barreiro, regardless when Pokemon X/Y came out FNAC and Worten and pretty much any other store had it BUT them, same goes with Nintendo consoles.
They didn't had a single 3DS besides the regular DSi.
Typical GAME.

Better off just to order via Amazon.

Reactions: Yepi69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: