Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I wanted to mod an old virgin wii to have one with actual GC ports.

Upgrading to 4.3E failed with an 30077 error so I proceeded with 4.1E instructions,
after homebrew I got stuck on cios installation

Installing beta53 56 on 249 seems to succeed,
but when I try beta52 57 on 250 nothing happens the installer just shows red/failed...

Any ideas? systemcheck fails because version80 of the system is not there, but since I'm on 4.1 i should only have version60 right?
Perhaps someone have some older instructions for me or tools that can handle my situation...
I have not yet continued to try usbloader etc, but I guess I need cios on 250 for fringe cases like justdance/superchargers/nintendont...

If it's really an umodded Wii just update the system menu via the settings then use HackMii Installer/cIOS installer.

jupitersj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a benefit to using d2x-cios 3.1 instead of 2.2 on vwii? I'm having a hard time finding a compiled 3.1 with wiimote motion plus support.

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's really an umodded Wii just update the system menu via the settings then use HackMii Installer/cIOS installer.
It is modded now:
I did letterbomb, bootmii and 249 cios.
Should I uninstall something before trying to update again? System format?

Like i Said my system update failed, but perhaps it is bad wifi reception, should I try again or is there any benefits of popping in a 2015 game (which i now realise the kids would do anyway soon(no preeloader yet))

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letting the update on the disc install should be fine. If it's 4.3 it will replace some of your cIOSes but you can just reinstall those.

AS019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to do the DarkyKartWii texture hack, but when Riivolution loads, we only get the "Other Textures by DarkyBenji" page and not the main Darky Kart Wii page. What are we doing wrong? We are using an SDHC card, 4 gb. We copied the XMLs to the root of the SD Card, we added stuff to the My Stuff folder. We are not using CTGP 1.03

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to do the DarkyKartWii texture hack, but when Riivolution loads, we only get the "Other Textures by DarkyBenji" page and not the main Darky Kart Wii page. What are we doing wrong? We are using an SDHC card, 4 gb. We copied the XMLs to the root of the SD Card, we added stuff to the My Stuff folder. We are not using CTGP 1.03

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the XML's go in /riivolution

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any progress or interest in the wii mini? I'd imagine not, but figured I'd ask.

I recall someone trying to figure out something with Skylanders figurines but without an SD card slot or networking it's pretty unlikely otherwise. There's no way to get an exploited save or mail onto the console.

Reactions: osaka35

Mfgroenbech

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me...?!

I had my wii modded in 2009 on the 3.4e version. I put it away some years ago and now my daughter is starting to have some interest in the wii. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get my version 3.4 up to 4.3 and how to make the usbloader gx work. I really need a step by step guide because I'm obviously not very technical.

Hope one or two of you pros can lend me a helping hand...

Thx.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me...?!

I had my wii modded in 2009 on the 3.4e version. I put it away some years ago and now my daughter is starting to have some interest in the wii. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get my version 3.4 up to 4.3 and how to make the usbloader gx work. I really need a step by step guide because I'm obviously not very technical.

Hope one or two of you pros can lend me a helping hand...

Thx.

Update the Wii via the internet then reinstall the cIOSes you had before if they get removed. If you had USB Loader GX from years ago you should delete it through the channel settings if it's there then use the current version in the GX support thread.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to update DIOS MIOS but I cannot download it. All the downloads on the google code page are gone. Also, does this update it for usbloaderGX? it says that I need a newer version of DIOS MIOS for nodisc+ to work.

The links in the dios mios thread are also dead, too.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, got it solved!

Just wondering, how?

I need to update DIOS MIOS but I cannot download it. All the downloads on the google code page are gone. Also, does this update it for usbloaderGX? it says that I need a newer version of DIOS MIOS for nodisc+ to work.

The links in the dios mios thread are also dead, too.

search on Google "dios mios 2.11". Click the first hacksden result.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ok. I was having issues with disc channel not loading discs directly, so will installing this also help with that?
Yes, I think that it should be fixed in DIOS-MIOS 2.11. I used a super old version of DIOS-MIOS for using cheats on GC games, though I don't think it had any problems with disc channel (but I may have never even tried it).

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think that it should be fixed in DIOS-MIOS 2.11. I used a super old version of DIOS-MIOS for using cheats on GC games, though I don't think it had any problems with disc channel (but I may have never even tried it).
thanks. Just install with any wad manager, and good to go?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh