Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

addas

Trophies
XP
Country
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION, I SUCCESSFULLY REVIVED THE WII USING @person66 METHOD, THANK YOU !!! (also thanks to WiiGator for the cBoot2 Files) :D

Try getting the entire system update for the console's region using NUSDownloader and install it.

You can use ModMii to recreate the bootmii folder required for using it. Just use "C - Build config files for BootMii..." and copy those to an SD card.
It didn't work because I used a hack to block future updates from Nintendo so I won't lose Homebrew, thank you for your contribution :)

If you have bootmii as boot2 I think you should be able to use WiiGator's cBoot2 to install WADs. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hzcoqiec7o0gww/cBoot2+++Wad+Manager.zip and extract it to the root of your sd card. Note that that archive has WAD Manager 1.5 as the boot.dol file, but you should be able to replace this with any other boot.dol (such as Multi-Mod Manager).

Next use something like ModMii to download all your IOSs. In modmii, this can be done by launching it (the CLI version, NOT ModMiiSkin), going to Download Page 1, and typing I, then hitting enter (it should put stars beside most of the IOSs) and then typing D, hitting enter, and downloading everything. Then copy the WAD folder it makes over to your sd card as well.

Next just put the sd card in the wii and turn it on. If you do have bootmii as boot2 (and the sd card is supported, most are, just make sure its 2GB or less) then cBoot2 should start and load whatever you poot as the boot.dol file. From there, just install all the WADs. Hopefully it will work.

You are a legend! I revived it! but first I freaked out cause the Wii didn't launch the boot2 using the microSD SD Card Adapter, later I tried a real SD Card and voila it WORKED! I got into the WAD Manager menu and I installed all my missing IOSes! again Thanks a lot!

Important note to all BootMii users: You cannot enter BootMii in Boot2 using microSD Adapter, you need a real SD Card (I used a SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card)

SD-Cards.png

Reactions: person66

DovyDove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully I'm at the right place.

I'm trying to mod a wii game (Inazuma eleven strikers 2013). I extracted all my files from the Partion 1 of my ISO, but there wasn't a brres file types, instead I got .bln which I assume I need to extract for models because the file name has mcb1.

Capture.PNG

lcWmW

lcWmW

Last edited by DovyDove,

ZambieVu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi experts, I'm a newbie to all wii hacking stuffs, I'm not familiar with wii until 2 weeks ago. I was gifted 1 wii (Euro 4.1E) hacked with CD & USB Loader Gx and bought another 1 wii (Korean 4.1) soft mod with CD & CFG Usb Loader.

I was enjoying these 2 wii until I bought wii remote motion plus inside and realize that it's unable to use the new wiimote with old version of Usb loader gx & cfg in both wiis. Unlucky that I have plan to replace all wiimote to the new motion plus inside for the kids to play sport resort. So I am now looking for the help to update these usb loader to the newer version so It will recognize the remote &better bug fixes for sure (I bet the versions on my wiis are pretty old). I did many searches but the more I search the more it become complicated (maybe because I'm old already lol).

So it would be great if someone can please guide me step by step or give me a relevant link to solve this issues (I was unable to update both usbloader via wifi)
Also, I have some very newbie questions as below:

1. Is there a way to update usbloader mannually without re-hacking or softmod wii?
2. In 1 of my wii there is no usb loader channel in wii menu (gx usb loader) and I would like to forward it by forwarder, how I can do it (after update to gx 3.0 for sure)?
3. What exactly is Wad manager, is it an homebrew app to install other homebrew?
4. I should keep my wiis at 4.1 and 4.1E or update to newer firmware and can still hack / softmod?
5. Is hack and softmod different or the same?
6. Somebody mention about cios / newer cios what is that?

I am very appreciate all of your help, I wish that I can be years younger like before to have all time & skills on earth to mess around these stuffs. Nice weekend everybody

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
3. What exactly is Wad manager, is it an homebrew app to install other homebrew?
WAD Manager is a homebrew app that installs Wii Channels.

5. Is hack and softmod different or the same?
A softmod is a hack that is done without tampering with hardware, and a hack in general is a mod done either soft or hard.

6. Somebody mention about cios / newer cios what is that?
A CIOS is a custom IOS. All IOS's above 100 I believe are CIOS's. Most can be used for pirating, which is why WiiBrew forums don't allow talk about CIOS's.

4. I should keep my wiis at 4.1 and 4.1E or update to newer firmware and can still hack / softmod?
It's ok to update to 4.3E/K, though I think if you update to 4.3 homebrew channel will be deleted. There are plenty of softmods you can still do on 4.3 like Smash Stack Letterbomb, etc. There's a whole list at WiiBrew. LetterBomb is probably the best because you don't need a single game to do it.

2. In 1 of my wii there is no usb loader channel in wii menu (gx usb loader) and I would like to forward it by forwarder, how I can do it (after update to gx 3.0 for sure)?
You'll probably need to install it manually with WAD Manager. But first you need a forwarder of your choice and make sure USBLGX is in the correct folder.

1. Is there a way to update usbloader mannually without re-hacking or softmod wii?
It's probably best to just download the latest version from the official page on the Backup loaders section. I hope this answered all your questions.

BTW I maye be wrong about some of the because of the fact I don't know much about the Korean Wii.

SilverRobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the Noob Paradise!

Please keep all noob questions in this topic. Thanks!

Some useful links:
* http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below
* http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
* http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
* http://wiibrew.org

Read those before modding!

I recently installed the Hombrew channel and bootmii IOS (not boot 2) on my 4.3U Wii and im looking to install priiloader 0.8 so I can restore it Incase of bricks. Is 0.8 safe to install? Do i just to take the apps folder from the download and put it on my SD root? Don't know if the pictures below will help.
Capture+_2016-09-29-21-51-21.png
Capture+_2016-09-29-21-57-13.png

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed the Hombrew channel and bootmii IOS (not boot 2) on my 4.3U Wii and im looking to install priiloader 0.8 so I can restore it Incase of bricks. Is 0.8 safe to install? Do i just to take the apps folder from the download and put it on my SD root? Don't know if the pictures below will help.View attachment 64418 View attachment 64419

Yes, 0.8 is the latest version and the apps folder should be on the root of the SD. Boot the app shown on the picture, and it will install. Once installed, hold reset when booting up the Wii or on the Wii menu and it should load the Priiloader menu. It may automatically already be set to load Priiloader on boot.

SilverRobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 0.8 is the latest version and the apps folder should be on the root of the SD. Boot the app shown on the picture, and it will install. Once installed, hold reset when booting up the Wii or on the Wii menu and it should load the Priiloader menu. It may automatically already be set to load Priiloader on boot.
Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more question. I don't need any other file from the download on my SD other than the apps folder, right? Forgot, will a Wii Motion Plus Wiimote work?

Last edited by SilverRobo,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WM+ works fine and you don't need the installer app after you've installed it. It doesn't hurt to keep the zip on your computer in case you need it again later, though.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A Wii motion plus should work. I have one, but I rarely ever use mine because the nunchuck slot is broken or something so it breaks a lot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WM+ works fine and you don't need the installer app after you've installed it. It doesn't hurt to keep the zip on your computer in case you need it again later, though.

Sorry didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

pacguy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there mirrors for the base wads in CustomizeMii? They all seem to be dead links, as the site that was hosting them is down. All I need is the Static base wad, but I'd love it if someone could give all of them, for the future.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there mirrors for the base wads in CustomizeMii? They all seem to be dead links, as the site that was hosting them is down. All I need is the Static base wad, but I'd love it if someone could give all of them, for the future.

You can get them from the source tree. Just download the archive from here and look in the "branches" folder.

Reactions: pacguy64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple