Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

I softmodded my Wii a number of years ago (right when cIOSX rev21d2x came out to support games like Metroid Prime Trilogy). It hasn't been updated since. I want to install Dios Mios now and play some gamecube games. Any point in going through the process again? I used Modmii the first time around, and so everything is set up and working (sans Dios Mios), but will I need to update anything? Best way to do so?

Thanks

awm8604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past few weeks I've been having trouble with Dios Mios 2.11 to load Gamecube backups off a USB drive. It was going on with Dios Mios 2.10 as well. Every few power cycles the games won't load, and the system will turn off when trying to start the GC backups. If I reinstall Dios Mios on IOS's 248-250 with MMM everything works again.

Anyone have any ideas what could possibly keep changing and causing this to happen?

Whoops: Wrong Forum

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Quick question! Is there any way to enable GC controller usage in the system menu?

unfortunately, no
At least no one has figured a way out yet. It would probably take priiloader and someone writing a pretty hefty patch to acomplish it, though, because there's no built-in way to do it in the existing system menu.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, no
At least no one has figured a way out yet. It would probably take priiloader and someone writing a pretty hefty patch to acomplish it, though, because there's no built-in way to do it in the existing system menu.

It would be amazing if somebody took the time and actually wrote that kind of a patch though. :P

Reactions: Maxternal

huehue137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Homebrew Channel when I remove my SD card fully and reinsert it, it isn't detected anymore, and I have to restart the Wii. Similarly if my SD card is not in the Wii already and I try to insert it in Homebrew Channel the SD card isn't detected either. The system menu detected the reinsertion of my SD card successfully though. I have tried this on multiple Wiis and SD cards. Any idea on how to fix this?

Alizor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I think I got a Full brick on my Wii.
I haven't turn it on for months and when I turn it on today I got a black screen.

I pressed reset and got into preloader. I can use bootmii and Homebrew Channel.
I tried to use bootmii to restore the older nand backup but it didn't let me because it wasn't installed as boot2. I used MMM to install some IOS but nothing happened.

So I don't know what to do.

efjayel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay complete noob questions (bash me all you want but pls also answer my questions). I know absolutely zero about modding a wii but I do have questions and concerns in the process of it.

First of all I heard that modding the wii allows you to connect a hard drive to it and play the games through that instead of having to use game discs, (Please feel free to correct me at any point)

This entices me for the fact that my Wii is dying by making very loud sounds while spinning the discs and has a hard time reading game discs even after opening and cleaning it. So being able to play games without having to use the disc drive would be a plus. Now my concern is about all the stuff I've bought through the wii store. So here are the questions

1. Will modding the wii somehow void them? Make them unplayable or perhaps prevent me from making further wiiware purchases?

2. Does the wii ware store know if you are making purchases with a modded wii and try to block you?

The stuff that concerns me the most is all the Rock Band songs I've bought. I've literally spent over hundreds of dollars on all these songs and would hate to lose them as I still play this game at family gatherings.

3. Will playing Rock Band through a hard drive still allow me to use all these songs that are registered to my Wii even though they are on the SD card?

4. Will modding allow me to continue purchasing even more songs with no worries of getting my wii banned or something?

5. Or another option is, if I purchase a new Wii console and mod that one instead, will it allow me to use all the rock band songs that are on my SD card from the first Wii? Or would I have to rebuy all the songs again on the new modded console? Basically, will a new modded Wii allow me to use and play wii ware and rockband songs that are registered to my first Wii?

Thanks for any and all help.

Alizor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So you were able to access bootmii through the homebrew channel as ios I take it? If so, what error were you getting when you tried to flash your nand back?

I have bootmii 1.4 and priiloader 0.7
keys.bin and nand.bin are on SD root.

I have installed the cIOS 202,222,249 and 250.
I get a freeze everytime on syscheck when it is on 202 vulnerability.

Checking boot2
BootMii is not found, too dangerous to
continue! If your SD is corrupt or
restore is interrupted, you will be
unable to boot to fix it. If you are
SURE you want to do this, KONAMI.
Otherwise, press [Z] to give up.

jeromelee1

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi All

I am totally noob here and has been reading some FAQ and tutorial. My Wii is bought from Singapore and currently running SM 3.2U

My wii was softmodded by a game shop and I knew nothing except homebrew channel and USB loader GX and neo gamma.

The problem is that my kids has deleted the homebrew channel and all other related channel. The only working item is I can still play super mario bros (burn disc) and it work fine.

My question :
1. How do I restore all the related channel and I do not have the SD card with me for all the apps?
2. If item 1 is not possible, should I stay with hacking SM 3.2U or upgrade to SM4.3 and hack it?
3. My objective is only to play those games via USB Loader for my kids.

I really appreciate if anyone can guide me here as I have been reading but not sure what to do with my current WIi except to play 1 burn disc of super mario bros.

Many thanks.

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay complete noob questions (bash me all you want but pls also answer my questions). I know absolutely zero about modding a wii but I do have questions and concerns in the process of it.

First of all I heard that modding the wii allows you to connect a hard drive to it and play the games through that instead of having to use game discs, (Please feel free to correct me at any point)

This entices me for the fact that my Wii is dying by making very loud sounds while spinning the discs and has a hard time reading game discs even after opening and cleaning it. So being able to play games without having to use the disc drive would be a plus. Now my concern is about all the stuff I've bought through the wii store. So here are the questions

1. Will modding the wii somehow void them? Make them unplayable or perhaps prevent me from making further wiiware purchases?

2. Does the wii ware store know if you are making purchases with a modded wii and try to block you?

The stuff that concerns me the most is all the Rock Band songs I've bought. I've literally spent over hundreds of dollars on all these songs and would hate to lose them as I still play this game at family gatherings.

3. Will playing Rock Band through a hard drive still allow me to use all these songs that are registered to my Wii even though they are on the SD card?

4. Will modding allow me to continue purchasing even more songs with no worries of getting my wii banned or something?

5. Or another option is, if I purchase a new Wii console and mod that one instead, will it allow me to use all the rock band songs that are on my SD card from the first Wii? Or would I have to rebuy all the songs again on the new modded console? Basically, will a new modded Wii allow me to use and play wii ware and rockband songs that are registered to my first Wii?

Thanks for any and all help.

1. After you mod your Wii, there is really no need to use the Wii Shop channel anymore! I can't say where, but there are sources to get literally everything offered on there. You will have to figure that part out for yourself though, it's against the forum rules to direct people to any site that hosts file sharing of copyrighted materials like ROM's, ISO's, WADS, or torrents. I'm sure you will figure it out though ;)

2. Kind of answered in 1 haha

3. You can still play all your Rock Band songs that you bought.

4. Again, kind of answered in 1

5. Instead of buying a new Wii, you can make what is called an "Emulated NAND" Your "NAND" is your Wii's internal memory, and there are tutorials all over this forum that will teach you how to keep your regular NAND clean, and have a modded one that is your emuNAND. Here is a link to one such tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/sneek-di-quick-guide.218725/

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi All

I am totally noob here and has been reading some FAQ and tutorial. My Wii is bought from Singapore and currently running SM 3.2U

My wii was softmodded by a game shop and I knew nothing except homebrew channel and USB loader GX and neo gamma.

The problem is that my kids has deleted the homebrew channel and all other related channel. The only working item is I can still play super mario bros (burn disc) and it work fine.

My question :
1. How do I restore all the related channel and I do not have the SD card with me for all the apps?
2. If item 1 is not possible, should I stay with hacking SM 3.2U or upgrade to SM4.3 and hack it?

I really appreciate if anyone can guide me here as I have been reading but not sure what to do with my current WIi except to play 1 burn disc of super mario bros.

Many thanks.

If your only objective is to play backups using a usb-loader, then I start over and mod your Wii as if it were virgin. Also, system menu 4.1 is the way to go. 4.2 and 4.3 are the same except they have extra anti-piracy protection. There are enough tutorials on this forum to get you through it. Just use ModMii to get all the materials you need, and pick a tutorial and follow it carefully.

efjayel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. After you mod your Wii, there is really no need to use the Wii Shop channel anymore! I can't say where, but there are sources to get literally everything offered on there. You will have to figure that part out for yourself though, it's against the forum rules to direct people to any site that hosts file sharing of copyrighted materials like ROM's, ISO's, WADS, or torrents. I'm sure you will figure it out though ;)

2. Kind of answered in 1 haha

3. You can still play all your Rock Band songs that you bought.

4. Again, kind of answered in 1

5. Instead of buying a new Wii, you can make what is called an "Emulated NAND" Your "NAND" is your Wii's internal memory, and there are tutorials all over this forum that will teach you how to keep your regular NAND clean, and have a modded one that is your emuNAND. Here is a link to one such tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/sneek-di-quick-guide.218725/

thanks for the info.

Although I haven't dealt in *cough*piracy*cough* in so long that I honestly wouldn't really know where to start or look anymore. No I am not asking for info on that *cough*not yet anyway*cough* what I am asking for is if I do mod my wii, will I still be able to go on the wiiware store and make purchases and everything else with no problems and I won't lose anything?

And lets say I never do *aquire* said rock band content through other means, will modding another wii allow me to use MY rockband songs on the new modded wii or does it not work because the pirated stuff is patched in some form and mine isn't?

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info.

Although I haven't dealt in *cough*piracy*cough* in so long that I honestly wouldn't really know where to start or look anymore. No I am not asking for info on that *cough*not yet anyway*cough* what I am asking for is if I do mod my wii, will I still be able to go on the wiiware store and make purchases and everything else with no problems and I won't lose anything?

And lets say I never do *aquire* said rock band content through other means, will modding another wii allow me to use MY rockband songs on the new modded wii or does it not work because the pirated stuff is patched in some form and mine isn't?

The "pirated" content is not patched in anyway that I know of. It runs just like anything I've ever bought. The installation method is the only thing that differs. You install them via a wad manager like YAWMM. After I first softmodded my Wii, I was still able to use the Wii shop channel. However, recently I noticed that I can no longer use it. This would bum me out, but I acquired all the content a long time ago. I wish I could give you a definitive "yes" or "no", but I sincerely don't know if using the shop channel would brick your Wii. I'm inclined to say "no", but I always have avoided it just to be safe. I think that an emulated NAND is the way to go. It is specifically for people like you that wish to have a clean Wii, with all the advantages of a softmodded one too.

jeromelee1

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If your only objective is to play backups using a usb-loader, then I start over and mod your Wii as if it were virgin. Also, system menu 4.1 is the way to go. 4.2 and 4.3 are the same except they have extra anti-piracy protection. There are enough tutorials on this forum to get you through it. Just use ModMii to get all the materials you need, and pick a tutorial and follow it carefully.

thank you for your answer. I will try it out and the guide can be overwhelming for newbies like me.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hi All

My question :

Many thanks.

If you quote SM 3.2U from memory then you should double check it now as your kids might have updated it.
The modding methods for different SM might varies a little bit but nothing can't be solved using Modmii

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The "pirated" content is not patched in anyway that I know of. It runs just like anything I've ever bought. The installation method is the only thing that differs. You install them via a wad manager like YAWMM. After I first softmodded my Wii, I was still able to use the Wii shop channel. However, recently I noticed that I can no longer use it. This would bum me out, but I acquired all the content a long time ago. I wish I could give you a definitive "yes" or "no", but I sincerely don't know if using the shop channel would brick your Wii. I'm inclined to say "no", but I always have avoided it just to be safe. I think that an emulated NAND is the way to go. It is specifically for people like you that wish to have a clean Wii, with all the advantages of a softmodded one too.

Shop Channel has been updated to add functions required for WiiU. You can updated your Shop Channel and IOS62 manually via Modmii. I myself have never used/updated Shop Channel though.

Nintendo have shut down most servers for Wii. I don't know if Shop Channel is affected or not.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bootmii 1.4 and priiloader 0.7
keys.bin and nand.bin are on SD root.

I have installed the cIOS 202,222,249 and 250.
I get a freeze everytime on syscheck when it is on 202 vulnerability.

Checking boot2
BootMii is not found, too dangerous to
continue! If your SD is corrupt or
restore is interrupted, you will be
unable to boot to fix it. If you are
SURE you want to do this, KONAMI.
Otherwise, press [Z] to give up.

But are you able to launch bootmii through HBC at all (as IOS)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz