Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spinal_cord said:
Here's a question (no I'm not going to read 577 pages to see if it was asked already) --

If I previously had HBC installed but removed it and have since updated to 4.3, can I restore hbc without having to buy one of the required games?
Guess what the search is for ...

Afaik generally not.
Might work if you got bootmii@boot2 or pre/priiloader.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
spinal_cord said:
Here's a question (no I'm not going to read 577 pages to see if it was asked already) --

If I previously had HBC installed but removed it and have since updated to 4.3, can I restore hbc without having to buy one of the required games?
Guess what the search is for ...

Afaik generally not.
Might work if you got bootmii@boot2 or pre/priiloader.
...or a forwarder channel...just put the hackmii installer 'boot.elf. in the folder the channel points to and launch the channel as normal...

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been out of the scene for a while. Just bought a new portable hard drive and am going to transfer my games to it. I used to use WBFS Manager but it seems quite outdated now, not been updated for over two years. Are there any newer/better hard disk/WBFS utilities out there?

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Codify said:
Been out of the scene for a while. Just bought a new portable hard drive and am going to transfer my games to it. I used to use WBFS Manager but it seems quite outdated now, not been updated for over two years. Are there any newer/better hard disk/WBFS utilities out there?

Format to FAt32. You can even load apps from the HBC with it.No need for an SD

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
richardsito said:
Codify said:

Format to FAt32. You can even load apps from the HBC with it.No need for an SD
But keep in mind that apps will run slower from a HDD, and you will still need an SD for bootmii.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Codify said:

The recommended way to play form usb is now *.wbfs files on a single big fat32 partition
All othe homebrew and related files can be stored there too.

You now can convert wbfs partitions into fat32 partitions is seconds *g*.
But I guess thats of low interest to you.

I prefer wiimms wit tools for all wbfs needs, others generally recommend wii backup manager.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
How do I go about transferring all of my homebrew stuff from my sd card to my hard drive? Just copy and paste everything?
You will have to edit your configuration files for whatever USB loader you use to download covers to the USB drive.

If you aren't going to use the SD card for something else, I still recommend you keep your apps on it for speed.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm just using it for bootmii and all of my homebrew apps. I was going to just move everything to the hard drive and only keep bootmii and the sneek files on the SD.

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morien said:
Oh, and one more thing. Suddenly yesterday two new channels popped up on my wii. News and Weather. Both say that to use them I need to update my system menu. I want to get rid of these channels, how do I go about that?

Thanks

Just a bump, I still have this issue. Installing the actual News and Weather channels and then uninstalling them works, but only temporarily. Before long these place holder channels return. Any ideas?

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I followed Modmii to the T, so priiloader is installed, and it is set up to block online updates and disc updates. (Just double checked)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Morien said:
Thanks, but I followed Modmii to the T, so priiloader is installed, and it is set up to block online updates and disc updates. (Just double checked)
Those channels can't be removed through normal methods. You need to install the latest versions of both channels through:
1) The Shopping Channel (download Wii Channels section).
2) Multi-Mod Manager (Manage Wii Channels). Make sure you pick the right region!

There are other ways, but those are the easiest and safest.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about some recently released homebrew apps; possibly replacements for already known homebrew.

Known homebrew mods & my ?'s
  • Hermes cIOS Installer 5.1 MOD --> http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2011/06/herm...ler-51-mod.html
    Q1:Does this do the same changes to ECH module that ModMii preforms?

*Added real support of using both ports simultaniously without shutting down the
    other. There is no longer the limitation that the settings have to be on SD card for this. (ONLY HERMES CIOS!)

Q2:What is ment by the above statement? I've used 222 for the longest time until IOS reload block was accomplished recently & I cannot think of what setting they are referring to.
  • PreFix 2.0 --> http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2011/06/prefiix-02.html

CHANGELOG
    =========
    - Homebrew PreFiix renamed (previously called Friiloader).
    - System updates recoded.
    - Ability to see if an update is available directly from the menu.
    - Download from patchs_menu.ini PreFiix.
    - Abandonment of hacks.ini
    - Various code cleanups source.

Q1:Are all the hacks included already in the homebrew?

Q2:Is it safe to update from Priiloader v.7? Or even recommended?

Q3:Do I have bootmii@boot2? Yes, but I still like to know before I try LoL
  • Is it ok to install these from a ext.hdd?

Thanks in advance for your response.

yatsukomi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I am the coder of PreFiix
wink.gif

Q1 : You have the file patchs_menu.ini included with the homebrew.

Q2 : You can update safely from Priiloader 0.7, I have updated from it.

Q3 : I have not tested from an external HDD.

Warning : this homebrew is only in french for the moment.
I will translate it but please be patient
wink.gif

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Morien said:
Those channels can't be removed through normal methods. You need to install the latest versions of both channels through:
1) The Shopping Channel (download Wii Channels section).
2) Multi-Mod Manager (Manage Wii Channels). Make sure you pick the right region!

There are other ways, but those are the easiest and safest.

So they can't be removed? I tried to install them both with Multi-Mod manager (which worked), and then uninstall them through MMM, but that only worked temporarily, then they showed up again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel