Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

skateboard34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a noobish question, but is it possible to have game backups to play on an SD card? I know the homebrew goes on the SD card, but everywhere I look, I see that game backups mostly go on a USB device. Help?

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii (4.3U) with indiana jones softmod, should i change to another softmod method or the one i have is just fine?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Bmcs said:
I have a wii (4.3U) with indiana jones softmod, should i change to another softmod method or the one i have is just fine?

Once it's softmodded, the softmod method itself is completely irrelevant. The one you have is just fine.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
skateboard34 said:
This might be a noobish question, but is it possible to have game backups to play on an SD card? I know the homebrew goes on the SD card, but everywhere I look, I see that game backups mostly go on a USB device. Help?
yes its possible
works the same way as usb
it just that usb is just bigger and cheaper at the same time

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
vincecartercrazy said:
1. What is priiloader?
2. How do I use it?
3. How do I know if i have it?
4. How do I change the settings?
Take a look here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

To see if you have Priiloader, press and hold RESET while your Wii is booting up. If the Priiloader screen appears, you have it (and can edit settings there); if the System Menu comes up, you don't.

FriendlyCreeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant install wad virtual console or wiiware games anymore for smoe reason. I foloved the guide: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below (I foloved the guid fully up to the point where it says ''congratiulations you are done, so i have priloader installed and everything) When i was done everything worked so i downloaded and installed 3 virtual console games. The I went on youtube and some guy recomended a modpack witch i downloaded cuz it had usb loader in it. So i fromated my sd card and put the modpack on there and instaled via mod manager: cIOS249[57]-v19.wad thinking that i need it for usb loader. After that i wasent able to install any wad virtual console game (i even tried the same one i installed before)
PLEASE HELP

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FriendlyCreeper said:
The I went on youtube and some guy recomended a modpack witch i downloaded cuz it had usb loader in it.
Normally we don't help pirates, well simply use modmii to rehack your wii, NEVER use some packs from youtube or different sites.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FriendlyCreeper said:
zizer said:
When I downloaded modmii my antyvirus amutomaticly removed it.
There are no viruses in ModMii, and as far as I know no one else's antivirus removes it, but if yours done it is just detecting a false positive. Just go in to the settings and make it ignore ModMii, if that doesn't work, just temporarily disable it while you are running ModMii.

EDIT: ninja'd

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FriendlyCreeper said:
To witch port do I have to install virtual console wads?
WADs which are playable titles and not IOS or system files are not installed into "ports". I believe you are mistaking "port" for the IOS/cIOS prompt in the WAD manager you are using. This prompt is asking what IOS/cIOS the program should use to install the WAD. You need to select a cIOS that is already installed on your Wii which has the Trucha Bug and Nand access patches applied. Some commonly used cIOS to use would be cIOS249 or cIOS236. If you do not have the needed cIOS, install one using ModMii, or alternatively use a WAD Manager like MMM which does not require the use of a patched cIOS as it is able to gain system access via the AHBPROT flag.

As for how to install WADs in general, I refer you to the Complete SoftMOD Guide's Wad Manager entry.

-[]D

skateboard34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I actually get the game backups onto the Wii? I have a .iso file that's 4 GB but my SD Card is only 2 GB. Is it possible for me to play the game backup?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skateboard34 said:
How do I actually get the game backups onto the Wii? I have a .iso file that's 4 GB but my SD Card is only 2 GB. Is it possible for me to play the game backup?
No, the only methods to load backups are via burnt disc media (disc loading), mod-drives (ie WODE), and USB HDD/flash drives (USB loading). While you may be able to scrub the backup image to a size smaller than 2GB (this is dependent on the particular game partition contents) you will not be able to run the game from the Wii's SD card slot.

My recommendation is to get a cheap compatible USB HDD and use a USB Loader. You can read up on backup loaders over at the Complete SoftMOD Guide.

-[]D

*EDIT, I forgot about NeoGamma, it is able to run games via the Wii's SD card slot, but USB loading is still highly recommended over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol