Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Sorthoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! a nice person! in my codes folder on the root, it has folders named G, M, N, R and W

then it has game id's gct files from accio hacks (like rmec01.gct for mario kart)

i see the conduit it is listed as RCJE8P.gct

also, ive always used gecko 1.07b until now, becasue the new gecko im trying to use says sd file patch not found......

all of the gct's are from accio hacks

except the conduit which i got from wiird

ive always used the combo of accio hacks + gecko os 1.07b

but somebody told me not to... so...... i tried the new gecko, i downloaded from the HB broswer

i dont know what IOS 36 fake signed means 0.0 whats that?

do you mean mega code downloader? the one that has the ocarina on it?
ohmy.gif

or the other one with the blue letters?

which code manager? i have this one callled code manger and it has a green lizard on its banner symbol

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Priiloader installed and placed a shortened version of hacks.ini in the root of the sd and enabled a few hacks. I found a more complete version of hacks.ini, but the priiloader page on wiibrew says "Hacks.ini should be on the sd root(only once, they get copied to NAND) and can be found here. "

Since they shhould be there only once, how do I update them without messing anything up? Should I just remove the ones I already had in the shortened hacks.ini from the longer one?

Thanks in advance.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
w!! said:
I have Priiloader installed and placed a shortened version of hacks.ini in the root of the sd and enabled a few hacks. I found a more complete version of hacks.ini, but the priiloader page on wiibrew says "Hacks.ini should be on the sd root(only once, they get copied to NAND) and can be found here. "

Since they shhould be there only once, how do I update them without messing anything up? Should I just remove the ones I already had in the shortened hacks.ini from the longer one?

Thanks in advance.

Run this to delete the hacks.ini file off your nand. Use this hacks.ini file.

lucablight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of curiosity when I installed Bootmii I installed cIOS by patching IOS 36. I created a NAND dump after doing this. Does this mean the NAND dump created is different to the NAND dump that would have been created had I dumped it before installing the cIOS?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
riverchen said:
Is there any way for usb loader gx not to show up on your history?
If you mean the list of recent games and channels you've played in your mailbox, then no, there is no way to. Why would you want that anyway?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cafevincent said:
jinxvorheeze1 said:
Use AnyTitle Deleter and delete them. Heres a list of system channels by ID.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database#000...System_channels

I can't get AnyTitle Deleter to start. I'm on CIOSX rev20b and Waninkoko System Menu v4.3

seems to me like rev19 and rev20 do not identify a SU. this probably doesn't mean much to you, but basically you are not getting full control that you need. I had the same issue installing Priiloader. you cannot use rev20 (and i think 19 as well) to install. rev17 works just fine and that should be in your 249 slot. rev20 should be in its own slot(s).

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello folks. I am having an issue with softmodded Wii. I will give you the background info as best i can.

Last year(i literally havent touched our wii in a year) I used the Mod Any Wii guide and followed it to the letter, and success to 4.2U. I am currently on 4.2U still

Saw the new ModMii guide and software and thought id use it to update becuase im not so intuitive with ios's and stuff. Followed the guide, installed all items to SD card. Went through step by step and updated hombrew, nand dump success and saved. IOS(s) installed, up to 58 24.32 which is what homebrew channel 1.08 says im on. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. Not one error.

Grabbed new Wiiflow alpha. Installed and starts up fine, grabbed cover art. Sees my external WD 500gb wbfs formatted drive fine. Go to load a game, takes me straight back to Main channel menu. Tried 10 separate games. All go to main channel menu. No freezing, no errors no nothing. My wii is fine but simply wont play backups. I am at a loss as to why this occurs. It worked fine before i updated with ModMii. Im thinking its probably a simple thing im missing but ive no clue as to what. If you need further info please tell me and ill do my best. I really appreciate any help in the matter. Thank you for your time.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
afdude said:
hello folks. I am having an issue with softmodded Wii. I will give you the background info as best i can.

Last year(i literally havent touched our wii in a year) I used the Mod Any Wii guide and followed it to the letter, and success to 4.2U. I am currently on 4.2U still

Saw the new ModMii guide and software and thought id use it to update becuase im not so intuitive with ios's and stuff. Followed the guide, installed all items to SD card. Went through step by step and updated hombrew, nand dump success and saved. IOS(s) installed, up to 58 24.32 which is what homebrew channel 1.08 says im on. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. Not one error.

Grabbed new Wiiflow alpha. Installed and starts up fine, grabbed cover art. Sees my external WD 500gb wbfs formatted drive fine. Go to load a game, takes me straight back to Main channel menu. Tried 10 separate games. All go to main channel menu. No freezing, no errors no nothing. My wii is fine but simply wont play backups. I am at a loss as to why this occurs. It worked fine before i updated with ModMii. Im thinking its probably a simple thing im missing but ive no clue as to what. If you need further info please tell me and ill do my best. I really appreciate any help in the matter. Thank you for your time.
Could you please post your syscheck?
Sounds like a missing or corrupt IOS.

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes thx. Here it is:

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: XXXXXXXX Boot2 v2

Found 85 titles.

Found 45 IOS on this console.
4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches

IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches

IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches

IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches

IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches

IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access

IOS249 (rev 19): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v4

Report generated on 2010/09/23.

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you. Successfully installed. Loading games with wiiflow still goes straight back to main channel menu. No freezes, or errors, just straight back
frown.gif

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you again. Unfortunately it still goes back to main channel menu. I have even tried a different loader just to be sure and it does the same. No errors or freezing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name, what's brings you to this chat? :P