Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

CFShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, can someone help me? I bought a Wii (USA/NTSC) recently and it comes with Wiikey 2. The first day i opened it, i tried to play SSBB, but it gave me disc error. I thought it was a bad recording and I didnt bothered much. Then, i borrowed a SSBB from my friend, that works perfectly on his Wii. When i put it in MY wii, it gives me the same problem! I updated my Wii recently to version 4.0U, so i could play Mario Kart, i dont't know if that changes anything. People says that those SSBB could have benn recorded in a 4.7GB DVD, and my Wii wasn't able to read it. Well..now im trying to get a SSBB recorded in a Double Layer DVD to test. But i dont know if i have to update the Wiikey too, in order to play SSBB. The Wiikey website is off ¬¬. Do you guys have any advices?

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Django0 said:
I have 3.3 but I'll probably downgrade to 3.2 or something...
I had this wii since Christmas, just never bothered to turn it on lol

lucky you, remember do not update without the homebrew channel installed and cios rev9 by waninkoko installed... or else you will be stuck!

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veryy noob question:

Can you run Gamecube backups from a normal DVD-R with the Wii?

I'll find out everything else myself, I'm just wondering if I need to use different DVDs (mini DVDs or something) to run Gamecube backups on the Wii or if DVD-Rs are fine :3..

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have version 3.2u and didn't know if I should stick with that or if I should go to 4.0.

Is there a way to upgrade to 4.0 and get all the extra features of that like the bigger sd card.. but still be able to do what I can do now? There's a bunch of tutorials but I don't know if they will allow me to things I can do now like add wads still, use the homebew channel, usb loader etc. There are so many out there I don't know what one is the best to use and what does what.
Also is there any way to set up my wii so that I can play trucha signed games without GeckoOS?

Thanks!

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive now finally got my wii and have proceeded to put all the stuff on it that i originall wanted to. ive dune the twilight hack and the homebrew channel and now want to downgrade my wii to 3.2 as im on 3.4.

ive tried to follow this guide: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 but in the readme of the downgrader it says that i need IOS37 rev 3 or higher but i havent put that on yet. should i be installing other stuff before i do the downgrade.

i really dont wanna brick my new wii so if someone could please tell me the best order to perform teh following i would be greatful.

downgrade to 3.2
install preloader to be able to recover from bricks
usb loader
gamma loader
(also any other cIOS's i may need to install to gain best compatability)

like i said i am a n00b on this stuff and would rather follow a guide on this sorta stuff but cant currently find one suggesting a best order to install things on and the one i have read doesnt mention everything.

Thanks.

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a wii with 3.2U. It's been awhile since I've added any homebrew updates. It has an old HB Channel and some emulator channels. I don't care about playing "backups" but I am definitely interested in running VC games from the sdhc card; in particular vc games not purchased from Nintendo (no way in hell am I paying for a game I already own on an earlier console). Is this possible yet. It seems that there are ways to update to 4.0 that allow the backup channels to work and the usb loader, but it sounds like currently one can only load vc games that have been downloaded from nintendo (non injected). Is this correct? If there is a way, would someone let me know what I have to load to enable this? Thanks

D

Deleted User

ThaDraGun said:
I have version 3.2u and didn't know if I should stick with that or if I should go to 4.0.

Is there a way to upgrade to 4.0 and get all the extra features of that like the bigger sd card.. but still be able to do what I can do now? There's a bunch of tutorials but I don't know if they will allow me to things I can do now like add wads still, use the homebew channel, usb loader etc. There are so many out there I don't know what one is the best to use and what does what.
Also is there any way to set up my wii so that I can play trucha signed games without GeckoOS?

Thanks!

Let me check:

1)WAD Installing - Yes
2)Backup Launching - Yes
3)Anti-brick - Yes
4)Launch trucha signing games - Possible, but need the assistance of Trucha-booting apps (Such as GeckoOS)
5)Pirated game launching from SD Card Menu - Yes

So all things are possible. For me, the best way to upgrade is semi-online method.
1)Install IOS60.wad
2)then System Menu WAD
3)then use the IOS 60 Patcher
4)Then run CIOS 61 and Shop Channel Installer

Ell2Cool said:
ive now finally got my wii and have proceeded to put all the stuff on it that i originall wanted to. ive dune the twilight hack and the homebrew channel and now want to downgrade my wii to 3.2 as im on 3.4.

ive tried to follow this guide: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 but in the readme of the downgrader it says that i need IOS37 rev 3 or higher but i havent put that on yet. should i be installing other stuff before i do the downgrade.

i really dont wanna brick my new wii so if someone could please tell me the best order to perform teh following i would be greatful.

downgrade to 3.2
install preloader to be able to recover from bricks
usb loader
gamma loader
(also any other cIOS's i may need to install to gain best compatability)

like i said i am a n00b on this stuff and would rather follow a guide on this sorta stuff but cant currently find one suggesting a best order to install things on and the one i have read doesnt mention everything.

Thanks.

An advice, use proper English.

Follow this guide to get you started:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Once done, your Wii should have:
1)CIOS 36 rev07
2)Firmware 3.2

Then, run the latest cIOS installer (Was it rev09?)

Then, install all the IOS inside teh newIOS-NFS package (You have to google for it)

Then, install USB Loader. And you're done!

ebaymarcaro said:
Hi all,

I have a wii with 3.2U. It's been awhile since I've added any homebrew updates. It has an old HB Channel and some emulator channels. I don't care about playing "backups" but I am definitely interested in running VC games from the sdhc card; in particular vc games not purchased from Nintendo (no way in hell am I paying for a game I already own on an earlier console). Is this possible yet. It seems that there are ways to update to 4.0 that allow the backup channels to work and the usb loader, but it sounds like currently one can only load vc games that have been downloaded from nintendo (non injected). Is this correct? If there is a way, would someone let me know what I have to load to enable this? Thanks

First of all, it's better to update your HBC.

Second, where the hell did you grab the info from?

Nevertheless, check this out:
Let me check:

1)WAD Installing - Yes
2)Backup Launching - Yes
3)Anti-brick - Yes
4)Launch trucha signing games - Possible, but need the assistance of Trucha-booting apps (Such as GeckoOS)

So all things are possible. For me, the best way to upgrade is semi-online method.
1)Install IOS60.wad
2)then System Menu WAD

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Let me check:

1)WAD Installing - Yes
2)Backup Launching - Yes
3)Anti-brick - Yes

1)Install IOS60.wad
2)then System Menu WAD

I know you can't show me where to get it but I'm wondering is IOS60.wad and IOS 60 Patcher the same thing? I found a "IOS60 installer/patcher" didnt know if thats all I needed.
Is there any key words I can search to find Shop channel Installer? thats the only one I can't find.. Unless its "Wii Shop and IOS51 installer" I can only find it combined with IOS51. Nothing by itself.

Thanks for the reply

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Question...

Has anyone had luck getting " tiger woods pga 09 " (pal) to run from usb h/d?

The game runs fine from backup disk and even loads up fine on the usb loader 1.1 but once you try to play the game it freezes after its loaded some more!

paul

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you try'd to stick a disc in the drive..?? still some games do not work, even if they do on Gamma loader...!!!
wink.gif

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I am a noob and proud of it.I have a couple of questions please.
I already have done the Twilight Hack and installed the Hombrew channel with the Wiigator Backup Launcher version: 0.3 Gamma installed also.
My Wii( v3.3u) is never connected to the internet,so an accidental upgrade is not going to happen(i think).
All i am using it for is to play backup games burnt from iso files onto dvd discs.
So far so good.
So i would like to know is there anyway of bricking my Wii by just playing backups ??,if so is there a way of preventing this happening ?
Is there any games i should stay clear of ??
I have heard about some games wanting to upgrade my firware or something like that,is this correct ? if so am i safe if i my Wii is not connected to the net.....thanks plenty

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would recomend you to downgrade to 3.2 and install preloader so you can block updates from disc, and that tool is amazing for saving your @$$ off in case of bricks...!!
wink.gif

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I would recomend you to downgrade to 3.2 and install preloader so you can block updates from disc, and that tool is amazing for saving your @$$ off in case of bricks...!!
wink.gif
Thanks for the answer,but could i just run each iso file through Wii Brickblocker 1.3 to remove any updates ?? and also is there a list of games that contain updates ?? ..cheers

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
ALL, and yes you can just do that, but it is way way way way way way better to install preloader (on 3.2 or 4.0 only)
Thanks,i really dont want to do any more mods to my Wii and risk bricking it...so i might just use brick blocker.
How can i tell if a game wants to or is already updating my wii ??
Also i am using Sony discs as i read they are one of the the best to use,but before i was using some cheap LG discs(half the price of the sonys) and they seem to be working ok,but i read somewhere that the cheaper discs can ruin the laser a lot quicker,is this correct?,do you recommending that i reburn my iso files onto the sony discs to make the Wii laser last longer ?...thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics +1