Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there, does the Wii store older save data? I want to retrieve old MKW saves but I never backed them up externally. I don't use the savegames at this point and I was curious if there was any way to restore my 5 year old savegames just for fun. I don't know where to find the savegames in the internal memory or how to emulate them, or just how much is saved.

I tried using Savegame Manager GX earlier today and I could only extract my current save, but it said the MKW "block size" was 23. Does that mean I have 23 savegames total backed up somewhere?

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sounds like your hard drive might not be getting enough power, if u got Y USB cable u can draw power from two ports. That's what I need to do with my WiiU, but the same drive with a normal USB cable works on my original Wii. Alternatively you could try a a different portable hard drive or a drive with an external power source, or SD is even an option as previously mentioned

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't SD cards work properly on FW versions pre-4.0? Also, what is it about the RVL-001 model Wiis that makes them more hackable than both the mini-Wiis and RVL-101 Model Wiis other than the fact that the former has less parental control mechanisms and better Gamecube support?

Minecraft8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am a total noob when it cokes to Wii modding. So the way this gos is I installed Homebrew channel all that fun stuff. I recently install Riiconnect24. After that I tried to play a game after 2010 and it said there was a system update available even though I was on 4.3U.

Ros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,
I'm trying to get some USA (NTSC) games to play on my Australia (PAL) Wii. Here's what's happened so far:
+ Purchased 3 hard-copy Wii games off Amazon (1 new, 2 used)
+ Stuck them in my Wii and they ... didn't work (yes OK, now I eye-roll at myself but at the time, I didn't realise the Wii was region-locked!)
+ Researched online how to disable region protection
+ Installed Homebrew, Priiloader etc.
+ Priiloader >> Region Free EVERYTHING
+ 1st game now works perfectly (Your Fitness) - yippee! Assumed the other 2 would also BUT ...

- Just Dance 2016 - doesn't work. The icon comes up on the System menu, select that, I get the Opening Screen + music fine but then when I start it = blank / BLACK screen. :(
- Outdoor Adventure - also doesn't work :(. Exactly the same results as JD16 above however when I start it = blank / WHITE screen???
- this one is the biggest issue because I bought it for my daughter's Xmas present and I really hope someone can give me some pointers to fix this please?

I've searched for various help including White screen / Black screen but all I get is people who are booting USB and get B&W screen (i.e., monochrome) but that's not the issue. I get nothing. I've mucked around a bit with the individual region free settings after reading a couple of threads but nothing has changed.

I really HOPE I'm just missing something simple here - HELP please !!!

Ros

Minecraft8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm trying to get some USA (NTSC) games to play on my Australia (PAL) Wii. Here's what's happened so far:
+ Purchased 3 hard-copy Wii games on Amazon (1 new, 2 used)
+ Stuck them in my Wii and them... didn't work (yes OK, now I eye-roll at myself but at the time, I didn't realize the Wii was region-locked!)
+ Researched online how to disable region protection
+ Installed Homebrew, Priiloader etc.
+ Priiloader >> Region Free EVERYTHING
+ 1st game now works perfectly (Your Fitness) - yippee! Assumed the other 2 would also BUT ...

- Just Dance 2016 - doesn't work. The icon comes up on the System menu, select that, I get the Opening Screen + music fine but then when I start it = blank / BLACK screen. :(
- Outdoor Adventure - also doesn't work.:( Exactly the same results as JD16 above however when I start it = blank / WHITE screen???
- this one is the biggest issue because I bought it for my daughter's Xmas present and I really hope someone can give me some pointers to fix this, please?

I've searched for various help including White screen / Black screen but all I get is people who are booting USB and get B&W screen (i.e., monochrome) but that's not the issue. I get nothing. I've mucked around a bit with the individual region free settings after reading a couple of threads but nothing has changed.

I really HOPE I'm just missing something simple here - HELP, please !!!

Ros

You could try just buying an NTSC Wii. Since the Wii is over a decade old going on a dozen there are plenty of used and new Wii's on Amazon for about as much as an Xbox 360 ($77). If you want to skip this option I can't help you. Like I said I'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this.

Reactions: Ros

Ros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You could try just buying an NTSC Wii. Since the Wii is over a decade old going on a dozen there are plenty of used and new Wii's on Amazon for about as much as an Xbox 360 ($77). If you want to skip this option I can't help you. Like I said I'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks for responding MC8000. Yeah, that was my 1st thought too .. but I'm trying to be a bit more sustainable and avoid shipping a big lump of plastic on a plane over from the US and then having to buy another big lump of plastic 240v converter. I know this can be done, just not sure if I'm going to be able to figure it out.

Just Dance requires a cIOS based on IOS57.

Thanks GW. Could you pls translate that into the real simple 101 Dummies version? :unsure: Priiloader had a cios249 option which I tried and didn't work. How do I try out the IOS57 version? Thanks in advance for your help.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the real disc just requires the real IOS57. It's possible you don't have it installed and have updates blocked, maybe?

Ros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, the real disc just requires the real IOS57. It's possible you don't have it installed and have updates blocked, maybe?

I didn't have Updates Blocked until a couple of days ago when I installed Priiloader. How do I find out which is installed?

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't SD cards work properly on FW versions pre-4.0? Also, what is it about the RVL-001 model Wiis that makes them more hackable than both the mini-Wiis and RVL-101 Model Wiis other than the fact that the former has less parental control mechanisms and better Gamecube support?
Still waiting for an answer to this previous question of mine.^

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for an answer to this previous question of mine.^

Because the older firmware doesn't include support for anything other than base SD.

Wii minis don't have an SD card slot so there is no way to introduce a vulnerability like Letterbomb or a game save exploit since those have to be put on SD.

Family Edition Wiis are hackable, they just don't have Gamecube ports or the drive mechanism for aligning the 8cm discs.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Minecraft8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody,
I have an issue I would like to ask about. So I recently installed this thing call Riiconnect24 which is basically a replacement for Wiiconnect24. So I installed it and everything worked fine until I tried to play U Draw Art Studio. After that it said I needed a Wii System Update. I was really confused because I thought that 4.3 was the last version released for the Wii. So then I tried another game and it said the same thing. I tried looking online for a solution but there were no questions or videos about this. So my question is do I press update? The only modded things are a IOS80, IOS31, and Riiconnect24 patched Everybody Votes Channel. Mario Kart Wii works completely fine but games that are after 2010 don't. If anyone could help me with my noobery that would be fantastic!
Please Help,
MC8000

Last edited by Minecraft8000,

Ros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,
+ Purchased 3 hard-copy Wii games off Amazon (1 new, 2 used); + Stuck them in my Wii and they ... didn't work (yes OK, now I eye-roll at myself but at the time, I didn't realise the Wii was region-locked!); + Researched online how to disable region protection; + Installed Homebrew, Priiloader etc.; + Priiloader >> Region Free EVERYTHING; + 1st game now works perfectly (Your Fitness) - yippee! Assumed the other 2 would also BUT ...
- Outdoor Adventure - also doesn't work :(. Exactly the same results as JD16 above however when I start it = blank / WHITE screen???
- this one is the biggest issue because I bought it for my daughter's Xmas present and I really hope someone can give me some pointers to fix this please?

OK Thanks!

I'll go and check it out :)

Hi all,
That ModWii thing is way over my head TBH.
I've posted the initial post again with my big headache in Red. JD16 doesn't matter - it's the Outdoor Adventure game I bought for my daughter for Xmas that is the big issue here.
After eyeballing the massive ModWii post I think it's a very sad "game over" for that Xmas pressie because I just don't have the time / brain to get into all that coding. Before I give up entirely, does anyone have any other idea for how I can resolve this please? It was such a perfect gift for her and it seems like such a shame!!
Thanks again for all you guys offering your time helping we clueless folk.
Ros

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody,
I have an issue I would like to ask about. So I recently installed this thing call Riiconnect24 which is basically a replacement for Wiiconnect24. So I installed it and everything worked fine until I tried to play U Draw Art Studio. After that it said I needed a Wii System Update. I was really confused because I thought that 4.3 was the last version released for the Wii. So then I tried another game and it said the same thing. I tried looking online for a solution but there were no questions or videos about this. So my question is do I press update? The only modded things are a IOS80, IOS31, and Riiconnect24 patched Everybody Votes Channel. Mario Kart Wii works completely fine but games that are after 2010 don't. If anyone could help me with my noobery that would be fantastic!
Please Help,
MC8000
Try using Priiloader to block online/disc updates. If you need more help, you can join our Discord server here https://discord.gg/b4Y7jfD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them