Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay. I have to download 43 files :/ Is that normal, based on my Wii off-to-date state? Also, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero: World Tour, MW3, Black Ops, run flawlessly on my Wii. So, I don't know if they cause problems normally, or you just said some random examples.. Let's hope it all get fixed. If so, thank you so much. If it doesn't, I will have to accept the fact that my Wii isn't so useful as it was before. It is really old (I bought it when it came out). Thanks again.
Those were just some random examples. A lot of those games will run fine without the little setting change but the USB mic just won't work. It's also possible that you already have that particular setting set in GX and so it'll work fine still with the new updated stuff. .. anyway

As for the 43 files, I'm guessing it's decided to replace your DarkCorp which if you can't play disks anyhow that shouldn't be a problem.

Any further problems, feel free to ask.

Reactions: Norlan Bustillo X

Norlan Bustillo X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those were just some random examples. A lot of those games will run fine without the little setting change but the USB mic just won't work. It's also possible that you already have that particular setting set in GX and so it'll work fine still with the new updated stuff. .. anyway

As for the 43 files, I'm guessing it's decided to replace your DarkCorp which if you can't play disks anyhow that shouldn't be a problem.

Any further problems, feel free to ask.
Yeah, thanks. My internet is kind of slow, so the files are still downloading. All I have to do is install the .wads using any Wad installed (Like MMM or Wad Manager, right?), copy the new "apps" folder to update the apps, right? My question is: In that "apps" folder created by ModMii, there is a new app I didn't have before, HackMii_Installer. Also, a "bootmii" folder was created. I know those are for reinstalling Homebrew Channel and creating a backup of my Wii. But, do I need to do it? Or is it just "in case" something happens? I remember when I first hacked my Wii, that these files, "boot.elf" and "bootmini.elf", made the Wii's startup always on BootMii. Am I right? Should I keep them, or delete them?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, thanks. My internet is kind of slow, so the files are still downloading. All I have to do is install the .wads using any Wad installed (Like MMM or Wad Manager, right?), copy the new "apps" folder to update the apps, right? My question is: In that "apps" folder created by ModMii, there is a new app I didn't have before, HackMii_Installer. Also, a "bootmii" folder was created. I know those are for reinstalling Homebrew Channel and creating a backup of my Wii. But, do I need to do it? Or is it just "in case" something happens? I remember when I first hacked my Wii, that these files, "boot.elf" and "bootmini.elf", made the Wii's startup always on BootMii. Am I right? Should I keep them, or delete them?
ModMii should give you a guide (or give you the option of showing a guide) of exactly what to do with them but, yes, that's to reinstall the homebrew channel so it will work on IOS58 once it installs a clean one instead of 61. It would also reinstall BootMii as Boot2. Can't tell by your Syscheck if you have it already or not but it would definitely be foolproof brick protection. (and with your Wii being that old you definitely CAN have it ... mine can't :( )

Once it's installed, if you want it to skip through BootMii and go straight to the System Menu like normal, all you have to do is just rename the bootmii folder to something else. You can change the name back later if your Wii gets screwed up enough some day that you actually have to use it to restore a backup. BootMii will only show up if it finds that folder in the SD card in the Wii with the right name.
So, keep them ... just rename the folder once you're done with the whole update process.

Norlan Bustillo X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ModMii should give you a guide (or give you the option of showing a guide) of exactly what to do with them but, yes, that's to reinstall the homebrew channel so it will work on IOS58 once it installs a clean one instead of 61. It would also reinstall BootMii as Boot2. Can't tell by your Syscheck if you have it already or not but it would definitely be foolproof brick protection.

If you want it to skip through BootMii and go straight to the System Menu like normal, all you have to do is just rename the bootmii folder to something else. You can change the name back later if your Wii gets screwed up enough some day that you actually have to use it to restore a backup. BootMii will only show up if it finds that folder in the SD card in the Wii with the right name.
So, keep them ... just rename the folder once you're done with the whole update process.
Man, this worked! Thank you so much! I can finally play Band Hero :D Let's hope I can play NFS: HP (I deleted it after so many failed tries). Thank you, man! You are amazing! I wanted to bother you with other problem I have, but I don't know if you will be able to answer me (after all this, I think you may be tired or bored, so I don't know if you can help me again). Thank you again!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Man, this worked! Thank you so much! I can finally play Band Hero :D Let's hope I can play NFS: HP (I deleted it after so many failed tries). Thank you, man! You are amazing! I wanted to bother you with other problem I have, but I don't know if you will be able to answer me (after all this, I think you may be tired or bored, so I don't know if you can help me again). Thank you again!
Glad to hear it worked. Feel free to post your other problem. Maybe someone else will be able to help you or I'll be able to get it at some other time (at this time of night I had to go somewhere) but I have no problem with helping more if I could.

Norlan Bustillo X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear it worked. Feel free to post your other problem. Maybe someone else will be able to help you or I'll be able to get it at some other time (at this time of night I had to go somewhere) but I have no problem with helping more if I could.
Oh, thanks. It is 9:40 pm here. We are both from Central America ^^
My other problem is related to Dios Mios. I've done many things for it to work, and it did for a time, but only in my SD card. My SD is just 1 GB, so when I wanted to play Wind Waker, for example, I couldn't, as it is 1.01 GB. So, I tried to install Dios Mios (not the Lite version), but I read that I needed to uninstall the previous version (the Lite one). I tried, but I couldn't. So, yesterday (I think), I saw that Dios Mios was updated from version 2.5 to version 2.6 (or 2.7, I don't remember right now). So, I decided to install it, and now I could see my games that were on my USB. I was able to change the "Main GC Games Path". Perfect, until I started a game. It appeared "Copy to SD card", "Show SD", "Cancel". So, I installed a "mod" for USB Loader GX to allow me to play from the USB directly. I used it, and along those three options, a new option appeared: "Load from USB". When I selected it, it just appeared the error it appears to everyone. Something about "invalid config, please update your loader". This was before updating my IOS with your help. Now, with everything up-to-date, it still appears the same error. Help with this, please?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Alright. I have some more questions regarding to wii softmod and cIOS stuff. Here Are some questions I got regarding wii softmodding. Any help would be appreciated ^^

-If I install the new shop channel so the wii wont pester me in updating to get it, the .wad I got from NUS downloader will overwrite the current shop channel to the new version? (the point is,will the channel be updated when using wad manager to install the wad?)

-I used sciifii to install the 249 2dx8 base 56 and 250 2dx8 base57 cIOS. I wonder, why they are 2 version of the same cIOS, but with different base? Is it some kind of backup? Also how do I change their version number to the highest, so they wont be detected? (legit game discs are asking me for an update. SMG2 was the one that told me that I needed to update)

-Can multiple cIOS use the same base IOS?

I probably have some more, but this are the ones that are bugging me the most :(

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Oh, thanks. It is 9:40 pm here. We are both from Central America ^^
My other problem is related to Dios Mios. I've done many things for it to work, and it did for a time, but only in my SD card. My SD is just 1 GB, so when I wanted to play Wind Waker, for example, I couldn't, as it is 1.01 GB. So, I tried to install Dios Mios (not the Lite version), but I read that I needed to uninstall the previous version (the Lite one). I tried, but I couldn't. So, yesterday (I think), I saw that Dios Mios was updated from version 2.5 to version 2.6 (or 2.7, I don't remember right now). So, I decided to install it, and now I could see my games that were on my USB. I was able to change the "Main GC Games Path". Perfect, until I started a game. It appeared "Copy to SD card", "Show SD", "Cancel". So, I installed a "mod" for USB Loader GX to allow me to play from the USB directly. I used it, and along those three options, a new option appeared: "Load from USB". When I selected it, it just appeared the error it appears to everyone. Something about "invalid config, please update your loader". This was before updating my IOS with your help. Now, with everything up-to-date, it still appears the same error. Help with this, please?
Okay, yes, you do need a newer version of GX than the latest release. The "mod" version was probably one of the FIRST of the new beta versions to support direct USB loading but since then there's been some more changes in DiosMios and you'll need an EVEN NEWER beta version for it to work. You can get the absolute latest version here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?fywqichbzdktn7w

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
-If I install the new shop channel so the wii wont pester me in updating to get it, the .wad I got from NUS downloader will overwrite the current shop channel to the new version? (the point is,will the channel be updated when using wad manager to install the wad?)
Yeah, just install the WAD and it'll stop bugging you.
-I used sciifii to install the 249 2dx8 base 56 and 250 2dx8 base57 cIOS. I wonder, why they are 2 version of the same cIOS, but with different base? Is it some kind of backup? Also how do I change their version number to the highest, so they wont be detected? (legit game discs are asking me for an update. SMG2 was the one that told me that I needed to update)
-Some games work better with IOS57 and most work better with IOS56 so having 57 available just in case you need to switch the settings for a certain game to it (If the loader doesn't do it automatically) is the best. Making a cIOS out of them just adds the ability to do USB loading and NAND emulation but they're still the same old IOS otherwise.
-legit games don't use cIOS What they probably want to install is a update for just the IOS they use (but they don't always need that either) What you need to do is install PriiLoader and use it to block updates. Then everything will stop bugging you about it.
-Can multiple cIOS use the same base IOS?
Yes, but you usually don't need too much of that. That would be if you wanted to have both a Hermes cIOS and a d2x cIOS installed just in case you were using an app that needed one or the other but otherwise one of each is the most you'd really NEED to have.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Yeah, just install the WAD and it'll stop bugging you.
-Some games work better with IOS57 and most work better with IOS56 so having 57 available just in case you need to switch the settings for a certain game to it (If the loader doesn't do it automatically) is the best. Making a cIOS out of them just adds the ability to do USB loading and NAND emulation but they're still the same old IOS otherwise.
-legit games don't use cIOS What they probably want to install is a update for just the IOS they use (but they don't always need that either) What you need to do is install PriiLoader and use it to block updates. Then everything will stop bugging you about it.
Yes, but you usually don't need too much of that. That would be if you wanted to have both a Hermes cIOS and a d2x cIOS installed just in case you were using an app that needed one or the other but otherwise one of each is the most you'd really NEED to have.

Thanks! That info really helped ^^

Also I still have doubts about the disc updates. I dont want to install priiloader for some personal reasons.

I could previously play wii games fine. I could play SMG2 before installing the cIOS fine.
After I installed the cIOS, SMG2 asked me for updates, so I wonder if the CDs can detect cIOS?

I got a reply on another thread that apparently, they can detect cIOS of lower versions (syscheck says the cIOS 249 I installed are rev21008), so it is possible to give them the highest rev number so they dont get detected?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I could previously play wii games fine. I could play SMG2 before installing the cIOS fine.
After I installed the cIOS, SMG2 asked me for updates, so I wonder if the CDs can detect cIOS?

I got a reply on another thread that apparently, they can detect cIOS of lower versions (syscheck says the cIOS 249 I installed are rev21008), so it is possible to give them the highest rev number so they dont get detected?
They can detect the lower rev when they're running under them (from a USB loader) but you have a high enough version not to worry about that.

Running them from the disk channel, they can just check if they're there or not and ask for a full system menu update which will stub them out (again, they don't really NEED that update, but they SAY they do as an anti-piracy measure, blah, blah ...)
for stuff you're not running from USB, you can still run it from a real disk and bypass the update check if you run them through gecko OS or even just the "load from disk" option there is in many USB loaders. The disk channel, though, will always check for updates if you don't have PriiLoader but, as I mentioned, there are other ways around that.

Norlan Bustillo X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, yes, you do need a newer version of GX than the latest release. The "mod" version was probably one of the FIRST of the new beta versions to support direct USB loading but since then there's been some more changes in DiosMios and you'll need an EVEN NEWER beta version for it to work. You can get the absolute latest version here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?fywqichbzdktn7w
Oh, okay. Thank you. Gamecube games run kind of slow, and some freeze, but they did that same thing before the update. So, thank you again :D I'm really thankful for all your help :D

jooseph87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6. Time to install the cIOSs
You are now on the main config screen. A lot of options will be available here.
  • Your cursor will be on the cIOS D2X Version. Use right on the D-Pad to change it to the newest version.
  • Move down, and change the IOS Base to 56
  • Move down again, and change the IOS slot to your preferred slot. Most people use slot 249.
  • If you want, you can change the version under the fourth option, though this doesn't directly change the result.
After configuring the cIOS, press the Home button to add the cIOS to the Batch.

You will see a message in green on the bottom to confirm.
Next, you want to configure the second cIOS. This time, use base 57, and choose a different slot (250 in this tutorial).
Again, press the Home button to add the cIOS to the batch.
You are now ready to install, so press A to continue. You will land on an overview with the available cIOS slots.
The slots you just selected should be blinking. Several other slots may be highlighted in red.

this is the step i`m on. i start up the app. choose ios 236, change base to 56 slot to 249, finished installing, tried pressing home button wherever possible but i do not get any confirmation..(i just get cIOS250 d2x v6 base 57 rev21006 installed with success after both installations but after it i cannot procceed. whenever i press A it starts up this installation again...

Hi all..
I`m still having an issue while installing cIOS. I`m trying to press home button everywhere to add it to batch and it`s not accepting it (i`m not getting info anywhere like press home to add to batch..)
I`ve added some pics to show you what i get(sorry for the shitty cell phone quality), please take a look and help me out! i want to play some good games!!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/zdjcie033y.jpg/ here are the settings i choose after the initial screen
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/315/zdjcie034.jpg in process of installing
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/474/zdjcie035h.jpg and here`s the final screen when everything`s installed. i try pressing home here but nothing happens. when i press A it goes back to the main menu and i get to set the cios version , base and ios slot again..
what should i do?
thanks everyone!

edit: also, i`ve jsut noticed that when i wanted ro start a game i gor WII SYSTEM UPDATE icon instead of wii game..is it safe to proceed with this update? (wii is not connected to the internet). I seem to be unable to start any game now..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose you don't have the latest version of the d2x cIOS installer.
Your screenshot are showing "d2x v6", which is old and I suppose that's the maximum allowed version from the installer. You can add new version of d2x by replacing files into the d2x installer folder.
you can follow this guide to know how to add latest d2x to the list of possible cIOS version.

As for the update, it's because the game has IOS and/or System menu version higher than the one you currently have installed on your console.
If you allow the update, it will replace your old IOS with newer IOS, and cIOS with stub IOS (placeholder, doing no code at all).
So, do not update or you will have to re-softmod your Wii to replace the stub IOS by custom IOS.

There are two ways to prevent the system menu to ask you to update:
1. Change the version information of your cIOS to be higher than the one present on the game/nintendo network.
2. Patch the system menu to prevent checking the versions (usually done by installing priiloader and configuring few settings such as "do not check update from disc" "do no check update from network" "disable savegame copy protection" etc.)

187skillz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.co
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
yes, you can make iso from burn disc without problem.
The same for Wii burnt discs (and all other manually burnt discs)
one last thing I created a multi gamecube disc with a disc game on it(my wii can't play dvd's just thought it would be convenient to back up 3 to 4 games one dvd) but this is what i get and unable to extract the each iso individually

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are different things.

DIOS MIOS (Lite) has an option for using a virtual memory card.
Devolution also has an option for virtual memory card.
These are backup loaders, and the Virtual memory card is enabled by not having a real Memory card in the slot, and can also be turned ON/OFF by using a backup loader.

DIOS MIOS (Lite) is also working with Official discs or burned discs (if you have a modchip).
DIOS MIOS (Lite) virtual memory card is not compatible with all games, and it's based on NMM previous work from the same author. (No More Memory)

If you want, you can install only NMM, but I guess you better install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite as it works with both ISO and Disc, and has virtual memory support.
If you only want the virtual memory support, just install NMM but there's no switch, it's always active.

Reactions: boomario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol