Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

steveg78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant get the covers to load on to config usb loader i press 1 twice goto download all missing covers then it comes up dos black screen with exception dsi occured loads number code then stack dump then code dump both loadds text numbers and at bottom reloading in 60 secs then it reloads . vcan i put these on manualy

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Sub Zippo said:
I found
222 = -36868
349 = -36868

I get an error that says I ' need cIOS 222 and/or 223 to WORK !!! ' though it disapears very quickly. I'm 99% sure I didn't do anything wrong from those guides.. Any ideas? Need another report?
You need to uninstall them with dopmii and install them with the guides!

As God as my witness, I did! I uninstalled them with the program you gave me and reinstalled with the guides I linked to. I ran another report, and I can't help noticing that I don't appear to have them, as well as the guides I used not telling me to install 222/223/249 specifically.

IOS80 (rev 6943): No Patches
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii

I have the cIOS installer. I THINK I can just get them that way, but what base IOS do I choose to install them? Or do 222/223/249 just normally not show up in the report and I'm totally lost?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sub Zippo said:
I have the cIOS installer. I THINK I can just get them that way, but what base IOS do I choose to install them? Or do 222/223/249 just normally not show up in the report and I'm totally lost?
In the IOS236 you must select NO to the backup loading thing, have you said yes? Then we have the problem, run the IOS236 installer again and say NO, then install IOS249, 222 and 223.

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, reinstalled 236, thought I saw no option involving a backup. I can follow the http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 and http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 guides again, but like I said they do not tell me to install 222,223 or 249. They tell me to install 224, 248 and 247. The guide also states in the end that "You have installed IOS249 into the 248 and 247 slots." I assume this is normal for what I'm trying to do?
Do I need to uninstall anything before I attempt a reinstall of the 222/223/249?

With every question I feel dumber and more annoying. ~_~

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sub Zippo said:
Ok, reinstalled 236, thought I saw no option involving a backup. I can follow the http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 and http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 guides again, but like I said they do not tell me to install 222,223 or 249. They tell me to install 224, 248 and 247. The guide also states in the end that "You have installed IOS249 into the 248 and 247 slots." I assume this is normal for what I'm trying to do?
Do I need to uninstall anything before I attempt a reinstall of the 222/223/249?

With every question I feel dumber and more annoying. ~_~
blink.gif
You're right, the guides don't explain the rest!
Do this:
QUOTEChoose IOS236 for the IOS to use for the installation
Push A to accept the disclaimer
We are now going to install IOS249 with base 56 using the following substeps:
Select IOS56 v5661 for the base IOS version with D-pad left/right and push A
Select IOS249 for the Custom IOS Installation Slot with D-pad left/right and push A
With the D-pad, select network installation if you are connected to the Internet or WAD installation if not, and push A
If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, you will also have to choose the SD card as the source for the WAD
Let the installation complete
Press any button to go back to the menu

And this:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios
Follow the hermes installation only for version 4.

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU 94! I got it working with the 249. I KNEW something was wrong with those guides..

One last question. Do I really need the 223? USB Loader worked with 249 and played four random, recent games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sub Zippo said:
THANK YOU 94! I got it working with the 249. I KNEW something was wrong with those guides..

One last question. Do I really need the 223? USB Loader worked with 249 and played four random, recent games.
...not really, if you notice some lags in the game controls you will need r21 d2x, but if everything works fine you don't need it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
steveg78 said:
i cant get the covers to load on to config usb loader i press 1 twice goto download all missing covers then it comes up dos black screen with exception dsi occured loads number code then stack dump then code dump both loadds text numbers and at bottom reloading in 60 secs then it reloads . vcan i put these on manualy
Are you starting the loader from a forwarder or the homebrew channel? Do you have the loader on SD or USB? FAT32 partition or another partition type?

steveg78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can load the loader from both forwarder and the homebrew channel . the loader is on the sd card as i put the files it says to sd and the files to usb as it instructed the format is NTFS

D

Deleted_171835

Is it safe to update my Wii to 4.3U for the purpose of virginizing my Wii?
I want to virginize my Wii and then hack it again using ModMii (NUS Auto Downloader). I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl so I would be able to perform the SmashStack exploit. Should I manually remove everything or just update.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SoulSnatcher said:
I want to virginize my Wii and then hack it again using ModMii (NUS Auto Downloader). I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl so I would be able to perform the SmashStack exploit. Should I manually remove everything or just update.
You don't need to remove or update something, simply start again with modmii, it will do everything that is needed.

D

Deleted_171835

FIX94 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
You don't need to remove or update something, simply start again with modmii, it will do everything that is needed.
I know that.
I want to virginize my Wii so I can start from scratch and hack it again using ModMii. I just want to know if it's safe to virginize my Wii by updating?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SoulSnatcher said:
I know that.
I want to virginize my Wii so I can start from scratch and hack it again using ModMii. I just want to know if it's safe to virginize my Wii by updating?
You could do it, it is save, but it's not needed.

D

Deleted_171835

FIX94 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I know that.

I know it's not needed
but I want to virginize it!

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
FIX94 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I know that.

I know it's not needed
but I want to virginize it!

Using ModMii WILL start it from scratch. But if you choose to ignore what people tell you, then go ahead (and why bother asking anyway?)

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting this because I still haven't received an answer about the DVD drives. I also have another new question, is it possible to transfer the message board data and play history from one Wii to another?

M.Prower said:
What I do know, is that Wii's made pre-launch to about April or so of 2008 should both have DVD drives capable of reading DVD-R's and also the original boot1 allowing boot2 to be modified. One thing I determined was that if a console has data on the message board from pre-april 08 it's more than likely to be good for what I want as long as the date wasn't set wrong when it was used or the message board wasn't cleared. Problem is, I need to power the console on to see the message board.

If someone could explain to me a bit more about how to read that serial number chart, combined with your advice... That might just work for the most part. I can't really say I'm looking for a Wii pre-date XXXX because unless they have a receipt theirs no way to be sure because they could just say they did to make the sale like you said.

Point being, I am looking for a replacement Wii with a DVD drive capable of reading DVD's and one of the main boards with the modifiable boot2 so it can have BootMii installed correctly. Are the DVD drives on Wii's perfectly interchangeable? I know on XBOX 360's they aren't. If you have a DVD drive from one 360 and swap it into another one, even if both drives are in perfect working order, you get a hardware error. Maybe theirs a place to buy Wii DVD drives alone that can read DVD's? I looked on eBay, but I don't know what I'm looking for, because none of them say anything about reading backup discs.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
M.Prower said:
Posting this because I still haven't received an answer about the DVD drives. I also have another new question, is it possible to transfer the message board data and play history from one Wii to another?

M.Prower said:
What I do know, is that Wii's made pre-launch to about April or so of 2008 should both have DVD drives capable of reading DVD-R's and also the original boot1 allowing boot2 to be modified. One thing I determined was that if a console has data on the message board from pre-april 08 it's more than likely to be good for what I want as long as the date wasn't set wrong when it was used or the message board wasn't cleared. Problem is, I need to power the console on to see the message board.

If someone could explain to me a bit more about how to read that serial number chart, combined with your advice... That might just work for the most part. I can't really say I'm looking for a Wii pre-date XXXX because unless they have a receipt theirs no way to be sure because they could just say they did to make the sale like you said.

Point being, I am looking for a replacement Wii with a DVD drive capable of reading DVD's and one of the main boards with the modifiable boot2 so it can have BootMii installed correctly. Are the DVD drives on Wii's perfectly interchangeable? I know on XBOX 360's they aren't. If you have a DVD drive from one 360 and swap it into another one, even if both drives are in perfect working order, you get a hardware error. Maybe theirs a place to buy Wii DVD drives alone that can read DVD's? I looked on eBay, but I don't know what I'm looking for, because none of them say anything about reading backup discs.
It may be possible to transfer the play data etc BUT, there is NO form of homebrew that does this, so you're on your own. Good luck disassembling the system menu to find that info.
Since I've been messing with the wii which is like 4 years now. I don't rememeber anyone ever mentioning any homebrew to do with play logs. Probably because its a bit pointless. Can't see why anyone would even want to and I'd imagine no homebrew devs can to. Hence, it doesn't exist.

DVD drives are fully interchangable on a wii, it is nothing like the 360. There are plenty of dvd drives on ebay or on the web that can read em. Its really not hard, just need to search it up in google and you can find all the info you need.

This is what a D3-2 drive looks like (the drive that can't read backups)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d3-2&a...amp;FORM=IDFRIR

This is what the ones prior to this, DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C2, D2E look like (these can all read backups fine)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d2c&am...amp;FORM=IDFRIR

Notice the ones that work have two chips on the left where the one that don't has one chip. Thats how you tell visually.
If you search up on ebay for one of the above such as wii D2C drive you will find some easy enough.

As for how to get a specific wii that has a vulnerable boot2 and an old drive (if its got a vulnerable boot2, it'll have a working drive provided it hasn't been swapped out for a new one, unlikely).
Boot2 stopped coming out of the factory vulnerable pretty much when bootmii got released so you're going back quite a long time now. Not sure when the actual serial crossover was, but it was around the time they went to D2C2 and D2E if memory serves me right. D2C were mainly vulnerable. I think it was about early 2009 when it all started.
Firstly it will definately be a white wii. Best you can do is just ask people and if its over 2 years then it may be ok. You can always just ask them their serial and check that on the database, will at least tell you what drive should be in it, just get one with something before D2C and its pretty much guaranteed to have a vulnerable boot2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk