Hacking Noob on Xbox 360 hacking, I think I know my drive type but not sure

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I have been looking at pictures and videos on random sites and they say take the faceplate off your 360 and check the little hole under the writing on the DVD tray to determine your drive type, I had a look and it's just blank plastic which lead me to believe it is a hitachi but when I looked closer I found their was numbers on them, 7-1. I haven't seen any other pictures with these numbers their and was hoping someone could tell me if it means anything or if it's still just a hitachi drive?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

doesn't say anything about numbers, I would wager a guess that not seeing wires is the real important part

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

doesn't say anything about numbers, I would wager a guess that not seeing wires is the real important part
Yea I looked at that but disk trey is not that reliable way to find out drive type apparently and like I said the picture of the hole for the hitachi is blank plastic but mine has 7-1 written on it wondering if it's a random drive someone put in as a replacement

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Open up your 360 and look at the sticker on the drive.

If it is a replacement, hook it up to Jungleflasher and it will tell what drive you have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...