S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country
my dstwo card no longer works now that I have updated my system, I just get an error.

does this mean that my card will no longer work? or can I get some patch to update it again?

if so, how do I update it? do I need another console? (I only have one console, and thats the 3ds)

please help me.
You need to wait for Supercard to release an update that will work on 3ds 4.2.0-9.
They will publish it on their site, www.supercard.sc (eng.supercard.sc for english).
You put the firmware updater on the microSD card and run the DSTwo on something that can run it, like earlier 3DS firmwares, a DSi or a DS Lite.
Run the update when prompted and it should be good to go.

Supercard will probably have a fix out soon, hopefully.

but I dont have any other consoles. how can I update my dstwo using just my 3ds?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I already have updated to see the news but nothing yet.
I have a DS Phat so I don't have to worry about updating the AK2i.
Now I think it's the perfect chance to try some e-shop titles
I'm playing Rayman of DSi on 3DS, beated Muttant Mudds, Mighty Switch Force,
VVVVVV, Super Mario Bros, playing the first Zelda of NES and playing Pushmo

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
my dstwo card no longer works now that I have updated my system, I just get an error.

does this mean that my card will no longer work? or can I get some patch to update it again?

if so, how do I update it? do I need another console? (I only have one console, and thats the 3ds)

please help me.
You need to wait for Supercard to release an update that will work on 3ds 4.2.0-9.
They will publish it on their site, www.supercard.sc (eng.supercard.sc for english).
You put the firmware updater on the microSD card and run the DSTwo on something that can run it, like earlier 3DS firmwares, a DSi or a DS Lite.

but I dont have any other consoles. how can I update my dstwo using just my 3ds?

:unsure: Haven't you got a mate you can borrow from?

S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country

please help me.

nope, all my friends have iphones, but none have a ds/3ds :(
is there any other alternative?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

please help me.

DSTwo is updatable on an ununpdated 3DS.
Just copy the files in the zip from the update to your MicroSD root,
and them start DSTwo like you always do.
It will autoupdate at the start and then problem solved

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's not a downloadable update. They require that you purchase the 3DS compatible ARDSi. It currently isn't sold in stores (and doesn't have a MicroSD card slot, like the earlier models of the ARDSi had).
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/DSi-Action-Replay-now-compatible-with-3DS__EF001012.aspx

there are some online stores that sell it but you have to make sure it's the right one, i don't remember the older version having a micro sd? i still have the very first model that only worked on the ds.

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ordered the DS supercard two thing last week, so i'm not going to update my 3DS until i get it. Besides, i never connect my 3DS online anyway because Nintendo's online service is pathetic.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.nintendo....3ds/JPN/ja.html

1. Usual bug fixes/security updates
2. Allows more character types to be used for passwords for saved Credit Card info to improve safety.

there is the update in detail. The only reason i updated is cause Theatrhythm final fantasy comes out next week and i would like to be able to access the eshop for DLC songs lol

also as i stated in the update information topic i can also confirm that the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn works perfectly fine still playing black and white 2 on this bitch :)

DLC songs?? sweet more things to look for in the eshop now, since i'll be getting the game too :D

Also good to know Acekard is already working on a new update :)

S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country

please help me.

DSTwo is updatable on an ununpdated 3DS.
Just copy the files in the zip from the update to your MicroSD root,
and them start DSTwo like you always do.
It will autoupdate at the start and then problem solved

how do you mean ununpdated 3DS?

my current version of 3ds is 4.2.0-9E if that is any help :(

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

please help me.

There is a fix out now (1.16). If you haven't updated your 3DS then just get the update file and run it as usual. If you have updated your 3DS then rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat. After that, start the DSTwo as normal and when you get the "an error has occured" message leave it on that screen for at least 5 minutes (as not doing so might brick your DSTwo).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is a fix out now (1.16). If you haven't updated your 3DS then just get the update file and run it as usual. If you have updated your 3DS then rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat. After that, start the DSTwo as normal and when you get the "an error has occured" message leave it on that screen for at least 5 minutes (as not doing so might brick your DSTwo).
And this would actually work? I am impressed.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

yea it works

the CPU noticed the file and jus draws the power from teh slot to update the card

handy feature :D

S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country

please help me.

can I have a link to the 1.16 fix that you are talking aobut? as I cannot find it :(

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo....3ds/JPN/ja.html

1. Usual bug fixes/security updates
2. Allows more character types to be used for passwords for saved Credit Card info to improve safety.

there is the update in detail. The only reason i updated is cause Theatrhythm final fantasy comes out next week and i would like to be able to access the eshop for DLC songs lol

also as i stated in the update information topic i can also confirm that the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn works perfectly fine still playing black and white 2 on this bitch :)

DLC songs?? sweet more things to look for in the eshop now, since i'll be getting the game too :D

Also good to know Acekard is already working on a new update :)
yep tons of DLC songs japan so far has gotten 48 extra songs

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, but only on the DSTwo and even then only if your firmware is high enough beforehand (I think it was added around 1.10 though it could be closer to 1.12) as they added such a feature after people kept updating their systems and then weren't able to update their DSTwo because it wouldn't start. Remember, the DSTwo has it's own CPU and RAM which is actually twice as fast as the DSi (at least as far as x86 emulation goes).

ChaosHydrA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering i just bought my acekard2i 5-6 days ago and i called the guy selling it and he said it runs on the latest firmware which i presume is 4.1 the one at acekard site download page.

Now i havent touched the card yet nor put it in the 3ds so im going to wait for the latest patch, but how exactly does the procedure of updating the card work? Do i need to put a firmware on the microsd card to update it or do i need to buy a seperate usb flashcard reader if my pc doesnt have a slot for it? And do you just overwrite the old firmware when doing this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...