Nintendo's next-generation console is codenamed 'NX'

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 people deem Nintendoomed ;O; :creep:

But seriously, what is this going to be, a console, a handheld/console hybrid?
Nintendoomed, lol. As for what it is, all I can really say is that I will be astonished if Nintendo doesn't build up the hype train to supersonic speeds only to ram it into the ground... I have always loved the Big N, but the last few years especially... I mean, damn...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the direction a lot of companies are moving in, I'd guess they might be trying to come up with a VR solution like the Oculus Rift. Virtual Boy 2?

I just feel that too many VR headsets are going to oversaturate and destroy the market, because nobody will know what to design for. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
News like this really makes new buyers of the Wii-u and N3DS think twice. Why would anyone buy a Wii-u now, knowing that a new "dedicated game platform" is being advertised? Companies shouldn't release info about a new product until they're satisfied the old product has saturated the market. Perhaps that's what they think of the the Wii-u?!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
never forget

LOL. Such an elaborate setup simply to play randomized bonus stages from Sonic & Knuckles. Anything other then Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 stacked onto the Sonic & Knuckles game just results in randomized bonus stages. That whole stack is just a whole fail then. :D

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NX could be a gaming Tablet or a small micro console box made just for DeNA games.
Overall just a small thing for DeNA games.

If it was a next gen console it would likely be a computer in a fancy box and they'd have to ditch all backwards compatibility.

However it is odd they want to announce details next year rather than at E3 so maybe they are serious.
Still why brought up with the DeNA announcement?
A mistake perhaps?

Maybe it'll be a dedicated shovelware console with a shovel controller xD
Luigi's Mansion: Dig your own grave a family game.

I have a feeling this NX will be out next year, this sounds like it was DeNA who pushed for an extra console.
If it was Nintendo's next big thing they'd be a lot more excited about it.
We'll see what happens at E3, gotta be some clues there.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might be overthinking it, but did anyone else try looking at NX from an angle and seeing it as ZX or XZ? Does that connect to anything? xD

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems silly for them to try to life support three consoles at once. They're already stretched kinda thin between two.

They were going to do it with the Gameboy, Nintendo DS, and console as the three pillars of Nintendo. That is, until the DS utterly destroyed the handheld market and made Gameboy redundant.

Reactions: Nightwish

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NX huh?! Nintendo's next console better be a god damned star ship or I'm not buying.

2-6.jpg

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
With the direction a lot of companies are moving in, I'd guess they might be trying to come up with a VR solution like the Oculus Rift. Virtual Boy 2?

I just feel that too many VR headsets are going to oversaturate and destroy the market, because nobody will know what to design for. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I get what you're saying and you're probably right but never refer to it as "Virtual Boy 2".
2foVUy2.gif

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get what you're saying and you're probably right but never refer to it as "Virtual Boy 2".
2foVUy2.gif

VR is a thing now. It wouldn't be ahead of its time, it'd be with the times. This one could work. Better. Stronger. Faster. We can rebuild it, we have the technolgy.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VR is a thing now. It wouldn't be ahead of its time, it'd be with the times. This one could work. Better. Stronger. Faster. We can rebuild it, we have the technolgy.
The technology may be more there than it was before but I am guessing it is going to be more like

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a good chance that the next handheld will finally feature cortex and overpower some mid to low end smartphone, while keeping the physical controls.
The console might have something to do with hologram or using the handheld as powerhouse (two handhelds through some kind of connection for processing, and a box for storage and output, and support wii u pro, possibly wii u gamepad, and very likely wii motes).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0