Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol its a custom format its not any known open source format..., its like saying wiiu disc are simple blurays, they arent they would never use a known open format or else piracy would have been a thing on day 1 on wiiu games.
Sony has used UDF for their Playstation DVDs and you can look at the files on the disc but you still can't copy them onto a DVD-R and play it as they use protections that can't be duplicated on a DVD-R. Just because you can see the content of the disc doesn't make it immediately possible to pirate them. For the Wii and GameCube discs only certain DVD drives along with special software could allow you to copy the discs but you still can't play them without a modchip or software loader. Playstation 3 games used standard Blu-Rays but you still couldn't copy them and play the BD-R without extra hardware or software on the system. All PlayStation 3 files on the BD-ROM were encrypted and you needed the PS3 to decrypt the contents.

Just because you can copy the disc doesn't make it playable out of the box. Even if Nintendo used UDF or another open format for their games, you still wouldn't be able to play them without extra hardware or software. They wouldn't be that stupid.

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can play multiplayer with two Wii classic controllers? I have the first player connecting to a classic that's connected to a wiimotion plus wiimote. I tried to connect the second wiimotion wiimote with a classic control and it doesn't connect. The nunchuk combo won't connect either. I'm not sure what else to try, is a classic controller considered an HID controller?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can play multiplayer with two Wii classic controllers? I have the first player connecting to a classic that's connected to a wiimotion plus wiimote. I tried to connect the second wiimotion wiimote with a classic control and it doesn't connect. The nunchuk combo won't connect either. I'm not sure what else to try, is a classic controller considered an HID controller?
You can have up to 4 Bluetooth controllers connected. Are you sure that the second Wiimote is made by Nintendo and not a 3rd party? The same for the classic controller? The Classic Controller goes through the Wiimote so it's Bluetooth.

Also make sure that the Max pads setting is set to at least 2 and not 1.

Reactions: Picartman

martinmach_111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why doesnt the twin ps2 controller adapter (the blue one) not work with one og controller and one 3rd party? it just starts switching between them quickly, the adapter works perfectly with pc and both of the controllers work on the original ps2, so what is wrong?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a question, for a Burned game/backup to work on the regular wii I need to have it modchipped? If I try to use that function without having the wii modchipped it tells me the drive doesn't have a valid GC disc and reboots to HBC.

I'm unsure if my white wii has one of those readers that can't work with burned discs.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, for a Burned game/backup to work on the regular wii I need to have it modchipped? If I try to use that function without having the wii modchipped it tells me the drive doesn't have a valid GC disc and reboots to HBC.
Look up your Wii serial number on the drive chip database: https://www.wiidrives.com/list

If you have a D3-2 or D4 drive chip, then it's a newer system that has DVD-ROM functionality permanently disabled. I don't think any Wii modchips actually fix this; they merely add USB emulation.

In any case, I'd recommend ripping your old DVD-R backups to a disc image using a computer and then putting it on a USB hard drive or SD card.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Look up your Wii serial number on the drive chip database: https://www.wiidrives.com/list

If you have a D3-2 or D4 drive chip, then it's a newer system that has DVD-ROM functionality permanently disabled.

Thanks, will do this when I get back at home. I suppose the same would happen if I try to use GeeXboX (was that the name?) or anything else other than original discs on it. I'm running my backups via USB for the moment, I was just wondering if that may be the issue.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the drivechip has the feature disabled, then any program that attempts to read a DVD-ROM or DVD-R will fail. The only fix is to get an older drive.

Nate_Eclipse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a small problem with the Nintendont. I am using a hard drive I have used on a few different Wii's, but for some reason it is not working on the Wii i recently purchased. Even though it is set up exactly right, with the format usb:/games/game name/game.iso (no .iso is not in the name, just in case you wondered) and it refuses to read even anything. The only message I get when trying to load from a usb is the following - "WARNING: usb:/games/ was not found". Can anyone help me figure out this problem?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a small problem with the Nintendont. I am using a hard drive I have used on a few different Wii's, but for some reason it is not working on the Wii i recently purchased. Even though it is set up exactly right, with the format usb:/games/game name/game.iso (no .iso is not in the name, just in case you wondered) and it refuses to read even anything. The only message I get when trying to load from a usb is the following - "WARNING: usb:/games/ was not found". Can anyone help me figure out this problem?

Hidden partition, perhaps?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to verify the Nintendont version number you are using and please use a number and not latest.

Hidden partition, perhaps?
It worked on his other Wii's with Nintendont so I don't think it's a hidden partition problem.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

magus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the drivechip has the feature disabled, then any program that attempts to read a DVD-ROM or DVD-R will fail. The only fix is to get an older drive.
well i also tried to run burned games with nintendont, but somehow they dont run at all.

by the way my wii can play burned games with neogamma and the game that i tried to run on nintendont was smash melee which run flawlessly on neogamma, i have WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2 as cMIOS and i dont have any hardmod.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If DVD-Rs work with NeoGamma, then the drive is fine.

I did recently test Nintendont with a multi-game DVD-R, and it worked (at least in the loader; some games had issues). Maybe there's something peculiar about your specific drive variant that Nintendont isn't handling...

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a mac? Is it one of those overpriced boxes that people buy to make others think their superior or don't have enough sense to save money?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's not very nice to say. They are not as overpriced as much as you think. I just prefer an operation system that works. Windows gives me too many headaches. I've used both Windows and Mac OS and I find Mac OS much easier to use. Plus Macs retain their value compared to Windows computers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo