Hacking Nintendont

digr8one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well you shouldnt shrink them unless you must have too, nintendont does not shut the tv off its impossible lol, if your iso is broken by being shrinked nintendont can shutdown the wii or even restart it, but its impossible to touch the tv itself lol, if the tv goes black is because there is nothing being transmited from the wii.

try this first try the games with full size 1.35gb md5 checked with redump, since i remenber tak and true crime using audiostream files so if the iso is broken by shrinking them nintendont will shut off your wii not your TV.Also some nintendont settings can break some games since not all games support forced settings.
yeah i ment the wii , it shut down the wii. sorry I was upset when I typed because I had been trying and trying and I wasn't thinking correct.. I dont know but maybe you could tell me the right settings in that app because storage is not an issue really. I have 1TB so I dont think I really have to shrink any games. TIA

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i ment the wii , it shut down the wii. sorry I was upset when I typed because I had been trying and trying and I wasn't thinking correct.. I dont know but maybe you could tell me the right settings in that app because storage is not an issue really. I have 1TB so I dont think I really have to shrink any games. TIA

There's a tool in my signature you can use to check the disc images. If it says "found" then it's a good dump.

digr8one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a tool in my signature you can use to check the disc images. If it says "found" then it's a good dump.
Thank you but at the moment I have deleted all games I had using DMToolbox because they just shut down my wii. So what I want now is someone to tell me the correct settings in that app so it won't make my wii shut down all of a sudden when starting the GC games. If someone can be kind enough. I just want it to be correct and done with, so I can play when I will receive my GC controllers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you dont need to pass isos trough any sort of program nintendont works better with full isos you dont need to use dmtoolbox at all to make full isos work.

get a full iso either from the internet or dump it your self and use it full just rename it to game.iso, even if its .gcm just reanme the extension to .iso its the same file.

considering he said he passed all his isos through dmtoolbox, not a single one will match redump at all.

digr8one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you dont need to pass isos trough any sort of program nintendont works better with full isos you dont need to use dmtoolbox at all to make full isos work.

get a full iso either from the internet or dump it your self and use it full just rename it to game.iso, even if its .gcm just reanme the extension to .iso its the same file.

considering he said he passed all her isos through dmtoolbox, not a single one will match redump at all.

Ok thank you but I need to know the gameID if I will not use some kind of app, and I liked that it did everything automatically.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok thank you but I need to know the gameID if I will not use some kind of app, and I liked that it did everything automatically.
why do you need gameid? are you using a loader that requires them? nintendont app doesnt need them but im guessing your using something like usbloader gx or wiiflow or cfgloader? tbh i dont know of any app that renames the folders and the isos correctly without chnaging the iso, you can always see the id manualy by just openning the iso on a hex editor and takin a look a the first text.

digr8one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why do you need gameid? are you using a loader that requires them? nintendont app doesnt need them but im guessing your using something like usbloader gx or wiiflow or cfgloader? tbh i dont know of any app that renames the folders and the isos correctly without chnaging the iso, you can always see the id manualy by just openning the iso on a hex editor and takin a look a the first text.
Yes, I am using usb loader gx I like it better with the covers and all that because nintendont is just plain text. I like the cover because when I see the picture of the game I remember better what it is. And I have my wii games I ripped from my CDs in there too. just better for me.
I didn't know about hex editors but I guess google is my friend tonight , I have some reading to do. Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I am using usb loader gx I like it better with the covers and all that because nintendont is just plain text. I like the cover because when I see the picture of the game I remember better what it is. And I have my wii games I ripped from my CDs in there too. just better for me.
I didn't know about hex editors but I guess google is my friend tonight , I have some reading to do. Thanks.
i use the free one HXD, you just open the iso and the first letters are literely the game tittle and id right off the bat.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: digr8one

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
(Maybe?) Final test build: Nintendont v4.425-CISO-test5

This test build adds MD5 calculation (no DB verification yet) and a progress screen when initializing new memory card images, but more importantly, it replaces the quick and dirty FatFS caching code in the loader with a port of libfat's caching code. This improved memory card initialization performance when using SD in my tests. (USB didn't change, but I didn't see any lag on USB for some reason.)

@self_slaughter @GreyWolf Can you test this build and see if the memory card init issue still exists?

It seems a bit slow still for the size of a memory card file but it doesn't freeze anymore. :)

I just noticed there's an f_expand() function in FatFS but it seems to be disabled in the main branch source. Is there a reason to not use it?

So far, so good here. Time will tell, it was quite random at times...

Card creation seems quite quick on my system.

Appreciate the effort put into this. Will keep testing to be sure. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi guys. So, is the issue with the broken loading times fixed, or is it more like a band aid for the moment? I don't know why would somebody mess with something that wasn't broken to begin with...

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had a card creation fail yet on that build. Rename your old save directory and Fire up a bunch of games and see how it goes if you are one of the ones who had issues. ;)

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I haven't had a card creation fail yet on that build. Rename your old save directory and Fire up a bunch of games and see how it goes if you are one of the ones who had issues. ;)

Yes! I am. As a matter of fact, i'm the one who was surprised no one else noticed/cared.
It is OBSCENE.
@FIX94 Will this be patched in the main release?(so we can update from the app directly)

Last edited by sideskroll,

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes! I am. As a matter of fact, i'm the one who was surprised no one else noticed/cared.
It is OBSCENE.
It's been reported here and there, but obviously doesn't affect everyone, or they've long had their cards already setup.

I even tried knocking up a test build a while ago to investigate, then it decided to work everytime... Go figure.

Looking good on the ciso test builds so far though. Glad someones onto it. :)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is OBSCENE.
I'm thinking it's some weird interaction with the "simple" caching code and certain storage devices. I didn't notice a problem with my USB HDD, but with my SD card it was hanging for 6-7s before even attempting to start writing the memory card file. The SD card hang is gone with the new cache code.

Anyways, I'm finishing up the MD5 verifier and will send a PR soon.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of a "skip silent boot" argument? So we can make loaders display nintendont if required? (Assuming the card creation will be hidden again upon release) :)

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Not in this PR, but maybe later. (Also an option to skip the IPL.)
Cheers. Much work needed on the loader front to work with ciso?

Assuming just mod the loader to read ciso gamecube headers / file extensions and nintendont should handle the rest?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers. Much work needed on the loader front to work with ciso?

Assuming just mod the loader to read ciso gamecube headers / file extensions and nintendont should handle the rest?
CISO in the loader is fairly trivial. It just has to read the GameCube header, which is located at 0x8000 in CISO images as opposed to 0 in standard images. The kernel has a CISO map parser, which redirects reads to the appropriate blocks. This is all self-contained in ISO.c, so the rest of the kernel doesn't know the difference between CISO and a 1:1 image.

Reactions: self_slaughter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1