Hacking Nintendont

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sideskroll, you've got it backwards. Dolby Pro Logic and Pro Logic II are legacy standards for matrix encoding surround sound into standard stereo (and presumably analog, when the standards were created) signal, and likewise extracting from the same. It can be used over a digital medium or encoded into a digital recording, but the surround signal is still matrix encoded into the stereo waveforms. It isn't in a bitstream or a separate hidden channel. It doesn't get stripped out of the signal coming from the Wii/vWii, because it's still encoded inside a normal stereo signal. In order for that data to disappear, the console would have to actively look for the encoded audio, decode it into the extra channels, and then drop them. I'm pretty sure it doesn't do any such thing. Likewise, when you set PCM, your equipment is not "downconverting" to stereo. What happens is you are instructing your equipment to play the audio as normal wave data without any special decoding. Hence it leaves the stereo waveform (with matrix encoded surround still hidden inside) as-is instead of converting the stereo encoded sound back into surround.

Reactions: strikerdark

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm playing WW right now and It plays normal, and I don't think that a throttle option can be added. This is not an emulator
I know . Some people complain about 2x speed games... and i think nibtendont do some for gc speed the game in wiimode. I know 200mhz diff isnt a big gap... just wondering

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R276 on ntsc black wii test all GameCube ntsc and pal working great only games that give me error are trifroce Mario gp 1&2 disc read error . Maybe we can add an exception for these . New feature is nice thx for all your hard work on Nintendont. FZero AX works perfect .

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R276 on ntsc black wii test all GameCube ntsc and pal working great only games that give me error are trifroce Mario gp 1&2 disc read error . Maybe we can add an exception for these . New feature is nice thx for all your hard work on Nintendont. FZero AX works perfect .
Pal games are working for you? What are you doing differently?

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was the one who changed it i played the game individual mcemu 251 played saved and did the exit combo and loaded the save and even shutted down my console and got back again and it kept working preety interesting game btw lol

my full setup
direct boot from HB channel no loaders
everything off except HID and mcemu wich are ON and language and video on AUTO
mcemu is individual and 251 blocks
full 1.35gb iso md5 checked
Can you check to see if saves load when using USBLoader GX? I'm assuming you already know how to verify saves (pressing start button when standing in amusement park, then choosing stamps to see which levels have been cleared).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pal games are working for you? What are you doing differently?
fix said the pal bios can work sometimes at random check his post

Can you check to see if saves load when using USBLoader GX? I'm assuming you already know how to verify saves (pressing start button when standing in amusement park, then choosing stamps to see which levels have been cleared).
tbh wasnt it better for you to test the game directly on nintendont channel on homebrew itself rather than me having to go and find the usbloader gx mod that works? it seems you already have every tool to check without usbloader gx.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tbh wasnt it better for you to test the game directly on nintendont channel on homebrew itself rather than me having to go and find the usbloader gx mod that works? it seems you already have every tool to check without usbloader gx.
He also said there was a couple different versions of the bios,and that one worked slightly better than another. I was wondering which version was being used.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know . Some people complain about 2x speed games... and i think nibtendont do some for gc speed the game in wiimode. I know 200mhz diff isnt a big gap... just wondering
it doesnt work like that the speeded up games are all either 1x or 1.5 time(not actualy 2x btw) those games use the gc clock hardcoded value instead of checking the clock itself so no no game can just go 1.1 or 1.2 it either goes 1.5 or 1.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Technically, you don't have to test anything. It's just a troubleshooting request because after having tested your setup, loading directly from HBC still results in freezing. Loads saves fine with physical memory card. Perhaps someone else can confirm your result?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I've got Nintendont running on my vWii/Wii U, and it works fine except the games run in 4:3 aspect ratio, even when Force Widescreen is set to On. Any fix for this? Thanks

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm launching it using a forwarder

you need to download the newest version of Nintendont. The options are the ones that you can access by pressing B inside Nintendont

Edit: if you are using Usb Loader Gx you need to download the newest version. You can find it in Cyan's signature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol