ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope... it's initialising.
I don't know why you like to but the Z everywhere! ;)
:P
PS In case it's not obvious, I'm just teasing.
Actually it is a region spelling.
In USA and Canada, it is spelled as "Initializing", while Australia and the UK tend to spell it like "Initialise"
It all depends on the region, I hate when spelling gets screwed up in the same language just because it is a different country.

English is one hell of a mess when it comes to standard rules for its grammar.
Howard, hope you can check the status messages for grammar issues.

I'm not a native english speaker so mistakes like that happen to me all the time :P
Same here, although I think I have some sort of OCD when it comes to grammar and spelling in any language, including my native one. :P
Just want to help in anything I can related to this project, and giving some spelling hints is just my 2 cents. XD

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like is annoys me to no end when non-native English speakers speak better than native English speakers. I was taught to write properly regardless of where I am writing whether it be an email or forum.

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

For the issue of lag, has anyone tried Soul Calibur II since it is a game that requires precise button combos.

nevaeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread and that this is the correct spot to post this, but I seem to only have an issue with 2 games in particular when using Nintendont.

I am using build r272.

1.) 1080 Avalanche - Sometimes will boot, other times just goes to a black screen. If it does boot, it freezes at the loading screen. I tried a re-dump of the game and not using a trimmed/compressed ISO.
2.) The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - Loads up to the game selection screen but after making a choice it goes to a black screen.

Can anyone confirm they have these issues as well so I know I'm not the only one?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread and that this is the correct spot to post this, but I seem to only have an issue with 2 games in particular when using Nintendont.

I am using build r272.

1.) 1080 Avalanche - Sometimes will boot, other times just goes to a black screen. If it does boot, it freezes at the loading screen. I tried a re-dump of the game and not using a trimmed/compressed ISO.
2.) The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - Loads up to the game selection screen but after making a choice it goes to a black screen.

Can anyone confirm they have these issues as well so I know I'm not the only one?

Can you give us a bit more detail about your setup such as if the games are running off the SD card or USB, what controller you are using, how you are booting Nintendont?

Almost forgot about what Region the game and console are and what video cable are you using?

The more information you provide the more likely we are to find a solution.

nevaeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give us a bit more detail about your setup such as if the games are running off the SD card or USB, what controller you are using, how you are booting Nintendont?

Absolutely!

- I've tried using an official Nintendo Wavebird wireless controller and a standard Nintendo wired Gamecube controller to rule out any incompatibilities.
- I have tried launching Nintendont and the game directly from the Homebrew Channel and also from USB Loader GX, both give the same results.
- I am running the game off an external USB hard drive. There are about 41 Gamecube games on the drive but for some reason only these two are giving me a headache.
- These are both NTSC format games, not PAL.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is screwed up in terms of standardization between English-speaking countries because it was never standardized until after the culture of the North American colonies started to split from their parent.

I am using build r272.

These both work for me. Can you provide more info?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Absolutely!

- I've tried using an official Nintendo Wavebird wireless controller and a standard Nintendo wired Gamecube controller to rule out any incompatibilities.
- I have tried launching Nintendont and the game directly from the Homebrew Channel and also from USB Loader GX, both give the same results.
- I am running the game off an external USB hard drive. There are about 41 Gamecube games on the drive but for some reason only these two are giving me a headache.
what are all the settings you have set on nintendont?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely!

Also can you provide the MD5 or SHA-1 hashes of the ISOs to rule out a bad dump?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely!

Check the MD5 against redump.org. I thought all my stuff was perfect until I started testing and bam, MD5 didn't match. sometimes data corrupts.

NINJA'd by ccfman2004, GAHHHH

nevaeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the MD5 against redump.org. I thought all my stuff was perfect until I started testing and bam, MD5 didn't match. sometimes data corrupts.

NINJA'd by ccfman2004, GAHHHH

I will try that again. The only other thing I can think of is trying to run the .ISO with Dolphin on my gaming rig and seeing if it loads. If it loads with Dolphin then I can assume the dump is good and it may just be something with the latest versions of Nintendont.

Thank you all for the advice! :)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that again. The only other thing I can think of is trying to run the .ISO with Dolphin on my gaming rig and seeing if it loads. If it loads with Dolphin then I can assume the dump is good and it may just be something with the latest versions of Nintendont.

Thank you all for the advice! :)

I would NOT use Dolphin to test if a game works or not as Dolphin is an emulator and Nintendont is an interpreter. They are not the same. I would check the MD5 or SHA-1 as that will tell you if the ISO is good or not.

1080 Avalanche:
Code:
MD5:  dd2a3befbcb26481ba5edd203e470174 
SHA-1: 09b059208054434df2dadf20b96292b8e11fa908

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition:
Code:
MD5:  1e23afc69bff50a7d20f32c5b739dc06   
SHA-1: e959019e5c0bd7a816f90c2f68a09a60892ecaa8

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Small update cause it was simple todo:
-added a proper audio streaming resample check so games with too fast audio should now sound correct
-moved the Street Racing Syndicate exception to hopefully fix the game

Thanks a lot Fix94,

I quickly test yellow and green challenges in SRS and both are working.
Unfortunately, I can't test more today. I will post if I will find some problems...

nevaeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would NOT use Dolphin to test if a game works or not as Dolphin is an emulator and Nintendont is an interpreter. They are not the same. I would check the MD5 or SHA-1 as that will tell you if the ISO is good or not.

1080 Avalanche:
Code:
MD5:  dd2a3befbcb26481ba5edd203e470174
SHA-1: 09b059208054434df2dadf20b96292b8e11fa908

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition:
Code:
MD5:  1e23afc69bff50a7d20f32c5b739dc06 
SHA-1: e959019e5c0bd7a816f90c2f68a09a60892ecaa8

Thank you for advice. I re-dumped the ISO and confirmed the MD5 and SHA-1.

Can anyone confirm what build of Nintendont they're using who isn't having an issue with the game?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for advice. I re-dumped the ISO and confirmed the MD5 and SHA-1.

Can anyone confirm what build of Nintendont they're using who isn't having an issue with the game?
you still havent shoed or said all your nintendont settings, you may have some of them on or off that those games dont like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol