Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well like fix said ssb4 has an init code that probably activates the adapter to use it without ssb4 we probably need someone to decode smash4 and get the init code or something.

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for ppl with pal luigi mansion issues

tested both the 1.0 and 1.01 pal versions and the game worked perfectly with individual mc emu 251 blocks full iso from usb,so any person that is getting blackscreen on boot could post the settings they are using?

im using the exact same settings as fix on 221 and i find no issues

pls everyone that has issues on pal luigi mansion post your nintendont settings please or else its very hard to help when you cant replicate the issue.

Tested Pal luigi mansion on pal wii with setting like in your screenshot(tested on r221)
shrunk iso = black screen
full iso = black screen

maybe (maybe) some hard disks gave the issue some not !

P.S
I don't know if I have the 1.0 or 1.01.
How can I know what version of iso i have ?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tested Pal luigi mansion on pal wii with setting like in your screenshot(tested on r221)
shrunk iso = black screen
full iso = black screen

maybe (maybe) some hard disks gave the issue some not !

P.S
I don't know if I have the 1.0 or 1.01.
How can I know what version of iso i have ?
no idea i knew becuase i got them and the title said 1.0 and 1.01 but i have no idea why you get bs i tested both with no issues any chance you could try on another usb device or SD just to make sure? becuase my wii is also pal and i cant get a bs with mcemu on and i tryed like 4 times lol.

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to pedro702

Tested even on a usbkey sandisk cruzerblade formatted to fat 32 with 32kb cluster
same settings as before

Black screen again!

Not a Big problem for me cause I have a real memory card or even i can use the revision that give me no problems with this game( like r214),Usbgx let You use specific loader for a game !
Just pointing this issue to help Nintendont growing and getting better everyday like it does !

P.S.
Every test I made , I made it directly in nintendont and not in other loader.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
to pedro702

Tested even on a usbkey sandisk cruzerblade formatted to fat 32 with 32kb cluster
same settings as before

Black screen again!

Not a Big problem for me cause I have a real memory card or even i can use the revision that give me no problems with this game( like r214),Usbgx let You use specific loader for a game !
Just pointing this issue to help Nintendont growing and getting better everyday like it does !

P.S.
Every test I made , I made it directly in nintendont and not in other loader.
i always use nintendont directly also no loader.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U GameCube controller adapter only works when loading games from the sd slot (plug the adapter into the front slots)

You must ALWAYS start Super Smash Bros for Wii U or the adapter will not work with Nintendont.

If you plug the black cord into the back and grey into the front and load from usb then the game has no controls

If you plug the grey cord into the back and the black cord into the front and load from usb then Nintendont says there is no controller attached (i'm assuming the grey cord is just to power the adapter)

I'm going to start testing multiple controller ports at once now.

also here's an updated controller.ini that fixes a few things

[Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter]
VID=057E
PID=0337
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=3,0E
A=2,01
B=2,02
X=2,04
Y=2,08
Z=3,02
L=3,08
R=3,04
S=3,01
Left=2,10
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,80
RightUp=2,A0
DownRight=2,60
DownLeft=2,50
UpLeft=2,90
StickX=4,0,100
StickY=5,0,100
CStickX=6,0,100
CStickY=7,0,100
LAnalog=8
RAnalog=9

Reactions: Magnus87

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii U GameCube controller adapter only works when loading games from the sd slot (plug the adapter into the front slots)

You must ALWAYS start Super Smash Bros for Wii U or the adapter will not work with Nintendont.

If you plug the black cord into the back and grey into the front and load from usb then the game has no controls

If you plug the grey cord into the back and the black cord into the front and load from usb then Nintendont says there is no controller attached (i'm assuming the grey cord is just to power the adapter)

I'm going to start testing multiple controller ports at once now.

also here's an updated controller.ini that fixes a few things

[Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter]
VID=057E
PID=0337
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=3,0E
A=2,01
B=2,02
X=2,04
Y=2,08
Z=3,02
L=3,08
R=3,04
S=3,01
Left=2,10
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,80
RightUp=2,80
DownRight=2,60
DownLeft=2,50
UpLeft=2,90
StickX=4,0,100
StickY=5,0,100
CStickX=6,0,100
CStickY=7,0,100
LAnalog=8
RAnalog=9
One question,
Couldn't you connect HDD to both BACK ports and the adapter in both front ports to make it possible to run Nintendont with both HDD and the GC Adapter?

EDIT: Nevermind... I just remembered that USB front ports do not work with USB loading.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another interesting fact. Only the first 2 ports work in HID test. both controllers have different values when pressed but none of them overlap with controller 1

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually this is kind of promising. I wasn't expecting it to work in any capacity on day one... so the fact that the Game Cube adapter is working to an extent is very positive...

Reactions: pedro702

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I just tested Luigi mansion pal on a pal wii.
on r 220 and r221 it only works if I set mcemu to Off!
works in r 214 !
P.S.
I Prefer The pal version of this game 'cause it have Italian Language, and Yes I'm italian !

Great job in this project to all devs and testers !

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not.
Native is just for the original Wii with GC ports and Memory Card ports.
If you enable that in a Wii U you end up screwed with no way to get back to the loader but to kill the power source. :P
Just a reminder. The first post is actually incorrect on Microphones. Memory Card ports are not affected by Native Controls. Setting Memcard Emulation to Off enables real memory card and microphone support (and things like the Datel AGP adapter). Native Control only affects the four controller ports.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to change subject folks but Backyard Football is playing too fast 2.218. Just compared dios mios, devo and nintendont, and playing on nintendont is like playing with fast forward on. Reported working with no apparent issues 1.130.

Edit 1: I don't know how to get hold off 1.130 to test this revision, but 2.130 is also too fast. I'm gona try 1.0 and see how that goes.

Edit 2. 1.0 causes crash dump error. How can I test 1.130?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
small new update:
-further worked on the per-game widescreen patches, now also animal crossing and all mario party games have proper patches
-added code to hopefully help recent blackscreens with memcard emu enabled
Thank you once again sir :)

I havr a question regarding the widescreen patch. Could it be possible to hard code the pokemon patches instead of changing the widescreen code for those games? This fix break the widescreen patch for some games. Need for speed underground is now stretched insted to 16/9. Same goea for the simpsons hit and run. That is not a big issue but I just wanted to report.

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
small new update:
-further worked on the per-game widescreen patches, now also animal crossing and all mario party games have proper patches
-added code to hopefully help recent blackscreens with memcard emu enabled

Wii firmware: 4.3E
Wii version: first batch to come out in Europe.
Conected via: Component cable.
Nintendont version: 2.222
Options enabled: Usb, Memcard emulation (251 blocks).
Game: Luigi's Mansion Pal (Downloaded, not ripped).

Still blackscreens on boot if Memcard emulation is enabled.

Works properly by using a real Memcard.

Given that this game was one of the first if not the first one, that may be tied to it somehow. Could you include an if in EXI for this game (GLMP01)?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I havr a question regarding the widescreen patch. Could it be possible to hard code the pokemon patches instead of changing the widescreen code for those games? This fix break the widescreen patch for some games. Need for speed underground is now stretched insted to 16/9. Same goea for the simpsons hit and run. That is not a big issue but I just wanted to report.

sorry to say, but you may have fisheyes.
Lets look at the game in 4:3:
nfs1.jpg
That looks all good, doesnt it? Now lets look at 16:9 with the latest version:
nfs2.jpg
To me, that still looks properly done. Now according to you, the old way was right but in my eyes this picture is waaaaay too pushed together. I tried playing like that and felt like I was looking through a fisheye.
nfs3.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated