Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try and launch Nintendont or a GC game from my loader, it just says:

Loading patched kernel . . .-1

And never gets past that. Any idea what's the problem? Nintendont was working loading my GC games not too long ago and I'm not sure why it isn't now.

Quote from First Page:

• Nintendont always freezes at "Loading Patched Kernel... -1":
If The Homebrew Channel has a custom theme applied, reload the default bubble theme, or another custom theme, and try again.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Compatibility it's growing a lot :) I saw someone played baten kaitos 1 and 2 USA on ver2.186 I'm using a wii and wii controller pro, whenever I try to play baten kaitos 1 or 2 or f-zero GX I get a shutdown of my console, what can this issue be? I used to play normally on Dios Mios with the same ISO and on some older rev of nintendont that didn't support bluetooth.

Anyways thanks for the good work and I wanted to share that those three games are not working for me on a normal wii with 480p / 1019 mem emu.

I would like to report that Baten Kaitos 1 USA plays fine on my Wii U using Nintendont 2.190. I am watching the intro video right now. I am also using a Wii U Pro controller.

Reactions: Michierusama

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reformat your card with higher cluster size, like 32k ou 64k, read/write will be faster.

It is already at 32K. I had to install a trial copy of Windows 7 in a virtual machine to do it as I use a Mac and I couldn't find a program to do it.

I have no problem using the card with a USB reader. The problem is when I use the Wii U's internal SD Slot. For some reason it reads stuff slower.

I noticed the same thing when using SNEEK. The SD Slot loads slower than USB using the same SD card.

magus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like to report that Baten Kaitos 1 USA plays fine on my Wii U using Nintendont 2.190. I am watching the intro video right now. I am also using a Wii U Pro controller.

Has the sound been fixed on the last version of nintendont on Baten Kaitos??, last time i played the sound in battles and world map got messed up badly and happens randomly during gameplay.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the sound been fixed on the last version of nintendont on Baten Kaitos??, last time i played the sound in battles and world map got messed up badly and happens randomly during gameplay.

No idea. I only tested to confirm if the game black screens or reboots the console as reported by some.

magus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No idea. I only tested to confirm if the game black screens or reboots the console as reported by some.

Oh well i will retest later when i update it to the last version, on a sidenote looks like Fire Emblem NTSC is finally fixed as i havent got any crash in hours playing on a new file (2.178 by the way).

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind telling me how to check it? Haven't really had to do this yet :x

Are you using a scrubbed ISO or a full 1.35GB(1.46GB on a Mac) ISO?

If using a full ISO, search for a program that can calculate MD5 hashes and see if it matches :
Code:
d8e4d45af2032a081a0f446384e9261b
This is the MD5 hash for the USA version of Windwaker.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I jts tested and reporting back.
Nintendon't Rev 2.190 on a normal Wii with a wiimote plus and a controller pro. mem emu ON and 1019 blocks. Deleted config. Baten Kaitos 1 shutdown console. Baten Kaitos 2 shutdown console too. F-zero GX starts shows a black logo AV and then shutdown console.

Tested all three ISO on Dios Mios 2.11 and they all work, so it's not an iso problem... I don't know what could it be, well that's all. I hope this helps.
i can already tell what your issue is memory card is too big most likely just try it with a 251 block memeory card if baiten kaitos stills shuts down on boot then your iso is bad.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a scrubbed ISO or a full 1.35GB(1.46GB on a Mac) ISO?

If using a full ISO, search for a program that can calculate MD5 hashes and see if it matches :
Code:
d8e4d45af2032a081a0f446384e9261b
This is the MD5 hash for the USA version of Windwaker.

It's full.
bandicam2014-10-2300-44-09-190_zpsf7e62449.png

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can already tell what your issue is memory card is too big... dont use memeory cards that big problem solved.

Maybe we should request that FIX94 or someone else working on Nintendont remove the option for 1019 or higher block memory cards since they are riddled with issues. I know from experience that many games don't like them. This would stop many people from reporting these issues.

@Sky Design: Good, your ISO matches what's been verified. The problem is something else. Are you using the internal SD slot or USB?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe we should request that FIX94 or someone else working on Nintendont remove the option for 1019 or higher block memory cards since they are riddled with issues. I know from experience that many games don't like them. This would stop many people from reporting these issues.

ppl seem to forget nintendont emulates memory cards and the wii doesnt have that big of memory to load an entire 16/8mb memory card and still do everything so everytime you see ppl with random issues most of them just have huge multi memory cards, its their fault they have issues it has been told again and again by devs themselves that bigger memory cards might cause issues on games but they keep reporting back with the same issues before trying a small 251 blocks memory card for intance.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppl seem to forget nintendont emulates memory cards and the wii doesnt have that big of memeory to load an entire 16mb memory card and still do everything so everytime you see ppl with random issues most of them just have huge multi memory cards its their fault they have issues it has been told agian and again by devs that bigger memeory cards might cause issues on games but they dont seem to care and keep reporting back with the same issues before trying a small 251 blocks memory card for intance.

That's why I suggest that the 1019 and bigger memory card options be removed from Nintendont so we don't get cluttered with the same issues.

I know that the Wii has issues with the Official 1019 card where it keeps getting corrupted.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
@Sky Design: Good, your ISO matches what's been verified. The problem is something else. Are you using the internal SD slot or USB?

USB. Going through USB Loader Gx with no special settings. After I throw Medli up and fill the spring and head to the cave it just freezes the Wii. Since I have the LED option to [ON] basically the LED's just stay lit and the USB light stops moving (But is blue still). I haven't tried on SD and really don't want to.
My option before you responded was take my Emu Save and load it to the GCMC but I can't find a way to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...