Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, so some of the priorities/needs are:

• Audio streaming
  • Random freezing in games
  • Bluetooth compatibility (With low possibilities)
  • Videos 2x faster than it should
What else?

Like all people say, we need to wait to have a lot of compatibility, then they will think in the others things that they can add.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Like all people say, we need to wait to have a lot of compatibility, then they will think in the others things that they can add.
I know, I was talking about last discussion you were having about that. Like randomizer, for me it's more important fix some breaks in games and a better compatibility. Off course I would be happy to see the whole pack working at 100%.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know, I was talking about last discussion you were having about that. Like randomizer, for me it's more important fix some breaks in games and a better compatibility. Off course I would be happy to see the whole pack working at 100%.

Don't worry, some day Nintendont will have 100% compatibility, I can wait 1 year more to have more compatibility, all my favourite games works after all, but some people likes others games, so better wait to have the 100% compatibility list, in the beginning it was useless having bluetooth support because very few games were supported, but now Nintendont support a lot of games, even we don't have bluetooth support, it won't be a issue for me, I can buy a very cheap controller and play it, like I have doing now.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said that if the new Wii U gamecube adapter is HID then it should be easy to get all 4 ports working. I think they are waiting to see. We wont need bluetooth if it works.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
FIX94 said that if the new Wii U gamecube adapter is HID then it should be easy to get all 4 ports working. I think they are waiting to see.
Yeah, it could be HID, but now I'm thinking why it needs to draw the 2 USB ports energy... anyway, probably will work as HID, but I have a FAT Wii so I don't need that.

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, you can all help to increase the compatibility:

Test your games thoroughly. If you experience any any freezes, try to figure out, if they are random or always happen at the same position. If they're random, you could try to get a OSReport via log and post a link to it as note in the compat list. If they're not random you could check if the game freezes at this position in earlier versions, too. If not, you can figure out, in which rev the game broke and futher figure out, which piece of code exactly is responsible for the breaking. If you tell the devs, which pieces of code causes which problems, it is much more easy for them to fix it.
I myself have no idea how nintendont works, but nonetheless my findings were quite helpful for the revs 121, 123 and 130.

If you guys try this, you can actually be helpful and can stop talking about stupid priorities of bluetooth and audiostreaming...

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Test your games thoroughly. If you experience any any freezes, try to figure out, if they are random or always happen at the same position. If they're random, you could try to get a OSReport via log and post a link to it as note in the compat list. If they're not random you could check if the game freezes at this position in earlier versions, too. If not, you can figure out, in which rev the game broke and futher figure out, which piece of code exactly is responsible for the breaking. If you tell the devs, which pieces of code causes which problems, it is much more easy for them to fix it.
I myself have no idea how nintendont works, but nonetheless my findings were quite helpful for the revs 121, 123 and 130.

If you guys try this, you can actually be helpful and can stop talking about stupid priorities of bluetooth and audiostreaming...

Like I said before, all my games works, but I will do this if I have some game that don't work.

TGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Mind elaborating on making an OSReport?

dapuginto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open HIDTest (link in the first post) check what PID and VID is detected, then compare it to your controller.ini and change it if it's different. If it is, you should also use HIDTest to make sure the buttons are correctly configured as they may be different as well.

One more question as I may be messing this up, do I save the code by right clicking the link and put save link as... or am I an idiot?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
One more question as I may be messing this up, do I save the code by right clicking the link and put save link as... or am I an idiot?

That should be fine, you can also open the link and see down and right if it says "view the raw file" or something. or copy and paste in a the notepad and then save as controller.ini (remove the txt extension).

dapuginto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should be fine, you can also open the link and see down and right if it says "view the raw file" or something. or copy and paste in a the notepad and then save as controller.ini (remove the txt extension).

Alright thabks! I'll give that a try. If it still doesn't work I'll run a HID Test.

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said that if the new Wii U gamecube adapter is HID then it should be easy to get all 4 ports working. I think they are waiting to see. We wont need bluetooth if it works.

Why wouldn't we need bluetooth? The PDP gamecube controllers coming out plug into the wiimotes. They're just as important as the wired controllers.

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why wouldn't we need bluetooth? The PDP gamecube controllers coming out plug into the wiimotes. They're just as important as the wired controllers.
Well, then start coding. Maybe you have bluetooth support ready at the time this controller gets released.

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you a Nintendont dev? No? Then I guess that means you have zero say in what is priority.

So according to you only people, who are nintendont devs have the right to say what is priority. I see a contradiction to your previous post:

the most important feature is wiimote / classic controller support.

Since you are clearly not dev, I ask myself: Why do you think, you have the right to say what has most priority?

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think wii-remote support (bluetooth) is in development, but it's too much work and too much time.

so, bluetooth support will be released at undefined time

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So according to you only people, who are nintendont devs have the right to say what is priority. I see a contradiction to your previous post:

Since you are clearly not dev, I ask myself: Why do you think, you have the right to say what has most priority?

I was just replying to your snarky, backhanded "code it yourself" response.

More people will use Nintendont if they don't have to buy 3rd party hardware to do it, regardless of compatibility. It's common sense and it's that simple. This is why I believe it is the most important missing feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: