Hacking Nintendont

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
You're the one who thinks fixing compatibility for an obscure title is more important than controller features.... and I'm the one with the entitled attitude?
Nope I made a point - I said that what's more important is subjective and let the people that know what they are doing decide what's important...

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope I made a point - I said that what's more important is subjective and let the people that know what they are doing decide what's important...

The thread is here for feedback and I left mine. I didn't defend myself until necessary. All I said was the most important MISSING feature is wiimote / classic controller support. That's when everyone jumped on me about how my concern was somehow less important than theirs.

Reactions: NEP

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
here are two games i tested. they weren't on the compatibility list:

Disney's Hide and Sneak (USA)
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
Region: USA
Nintendont Build: v.130
Loader: USB Loader GX v.1229
DSP: DSP v3
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 415 MB
Issues: Freezing at memory card checking screen

Disney's Hide and Sneak (Europe)
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
Region: Europe
Nintendont Build: v.130
Loader: USB Loader GX v.1229
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 415 MB
Issues: Freezing at memory card checking screen

note: both releases are working fine with Dios Mios.
Can confirm this. My shrunk european has 594 MB though.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most important feature is having all games run like they should.

It has come a long way though, compatibility is very high, most of the GC's greatest games are completely playable on Nintendont at this time. Maybe it would be OK at this point to try and figure out bluetooth control.

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bluetooth implementation is terribly diffecult. Crediar himself said, it would take month. And it's probably not worth it, since classic controller has no analog triggers.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You don't even need an adapter, anyone can get a cheap hid controller and play. What pisses me off is that attitude anti wired controllers, go use Devo if you want wireless right now.

Our whole life we had wired controllers and now suddenly it's blasphemy, where does this people come from? It limits where you can sit and stuff but you won't die for using it.

To me compatibility goes first because anything else are just details or alternatives to something that is already there (wireless instead of wired, real mc because lazy to transfer saves, etc) and it's a minority who ask for that. If you want it so bad, code it yourself.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Bluetooth implementation is terribly diffecult. Crediar himself said, it would take month. And it's probably not worth it, since classic controller has no analog triggers.
Yeah Bluetooth implementation is a cool feature but i think is not comfortable to play with the wiimote, it would be great to play via bluetooth with Dualshock 3/4 but 1 week ago i bought a cable that is 4.5 meters so im fine playing like this.

We would be able to have multiple controllers with bluetooth implementation?

Wheaties~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our whole life we had wired controllers and now suddenly it's blasphemy, where does this people come from? It limits where you can sit and stuff but you won't die for using it.

It's not all the people, most controllers aren't made to be wired nowadays.

Have you seen the DS3's stock charging cable? It's pathetically small. Usable, yes. Comfortable and convenient? No. Maybe if the consumer had more of an option that comes default with the console we wouldn't see such an outrage.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not all the people, most controllers aren't made to be wired nowadays.

Have you seen the DS3's stock charging cable? It's pathetically small. Usable, yes. Comfortable and convenient? No. Maybe if the consumer had more of an option that comes default with the console we wouldn't see such an outrage.

I'd assume people who use the DS3 controller use it on their WiiU, which in case i'd assume they would own WiiU Pro Controller, which has a much lengthier cable that can be used with the DS3.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You're missing the point. Reread my post and the posts before.

I guess your point is not to blame it all in people because it's also a marketing issue, since they ship consoles and controllers with short cables.. Well, in the DS3 case it's logical because they prioritize bluetooth support, they don't really expect you to use it while plugged in charging (though some people may want to). But even so.. grossaffe has a point, I don't think is that hard to go out and buy a cable or order it online; some people here just wants the easy way out without doing anything at all, and that's not directed at you, just in case.

I want to make clear that I'm not against having bluetooth support, I'm sure we all agree that it would be great and make things easier for everyone; it just isn't a priority, not having it doesn't make the games unplayable, you aren't dying because you can't play multiplayer yet, those are extras IMO, and since none of those who cry asking for that stuff do ANY of the coding, they should just stop trying to make their wishes sound more important. Devs will decide that.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, so some of the priorities/needs are:

• Audio streaming
  • Random freezing in games
  • Bluetooth compatibility (With low possibilities)
  • Videos 2x faster than it should

What else?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, so some of the priorities/needs are:

• Audio streaming
  • Random freezing in games
  • Bluetooth compatibility (With low possibilities)
  • Videos 2x faster than it should
What else?

Audio streaming is very low priority right now, fixing games that break is of more importance, and Bluetooth won't be easy at all to implement. Games are top priority.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo