Hacking Nintendont

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also experience a black screen after loading Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion from SD and USB since r61 (2007 Wii and Wii U). I haven't tested the new r65 yet.

The weirdest thing is that I was always able to save Luigi's Mansion (USA/NTSC version) from r38 up to r60 as long as I did what Sheimi reported (see post #2630).

EDIT: I was able to load both Sunshine (PAL) and LM (NTSC) with MCemu off. However, Sunshine keeps freezing when loading a level or cutscene, and LM now has audio glitches. Sticking to r60 to finish the game :yayps3:

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
very nice to see this project still going ! i got a question i saw tales of symphonia disc 2 is working also ... is the game asking to save before changing discs or how could they mange the disc swap??

still happy about the resident evil news... hopefully all of them will run in the future!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it doesn't ask to save before swapping.
You can use DM/L to swap (you need to convert the save format between cgi and DM).

Disc swap function is included in nintendont, but currently doesn't work, it will be eventually fixed.

Reactions: mclow

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it doesn't ask to save before swapping.
You can use DM/L to swap (you need to convert the save format between cgi and DM).

Disc swap function is included in nintendont, but currently doesn't work, it will be eventually fixed.

you mean the exchange between game.iso and Disc2.iso?

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WARNING about the latest revision I just made:
memory card emulation is broken, I hope that is fixable in the next rev.

Code:
-if you press the reset combination on gc/hid, the game will now return to
homebrew channel instead of shutting down

sweet

manxbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have 2 problems I tried the latest version of the r65 and I nintendont freezes except the mario kart when heading in mc emulation and the other is that I do not get it to work control ps3 hdd so I can not plug it back in port because my current hdd is using the 2 usb ports and do not recognize me in the front usb port wii u. (in SD mode if I work the front control ps3 usb).

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have 2 problems I tried the latest version of the r65 and I nintendont freezes except the mario kart when heading in mc emulation and the other is that I do not get it to work control ps3 hdd so I can not plug it back in port because my current hdd is using the 2 usb ports and do not recognize me in the front usb port wii u. (in SD mode if I work the front control ps3 usb).

You need to use and extension cable to connect the power of your hdd to the front usb, and then ps3 controller in the back bottom port. If you don't have that kind of cable, you'll need a different power source. And memory card is broken for Mario Kart Double Dash.

WARNING about the latest revision I just made:
memory card emulation is broken, I hope that is fixable in the next rev.

Do you mean any game in particular when you talk about memory card being broken? Double Dash and Wind Waker can be fixed by moving the "break;" in line 1462 (kernel\Patch.c) to line 1461. And I think some other games should be added in that if in line 1450, namely Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion. I'm just guessing because that file was changed in a revision where memory card stopped working for those games according to previous posts.

I'd change it myself to try but I can't commit to the project and even if I could, i don't own those games to test. (Except Wind Waker)

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd change it myself to try but I can't commit to the project and even if I could, i don't own those games to test. (Except Wind Waker)

You don't have to be able to commit to the svn to try something. Just download the source and make your edits and build.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You don't have to be able to commit to the svn to try something. Just download the source and make your edits and build.

I already build from the sources on my own because I have Wind Waker and so I can use the latest revision "fixed", and that's exactly why I clarified that "I don't own the games to test, except Wind Waker". I can upload my build if someone else who owns the other games is willing to test, but there's one problem.. I don't know how to find out the identifier for the games, so I can't add exceptions for Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine to see if that fixes them.

As I said, I'm only guessing because Melee stopped working when that code was changed, so it needed an exception to be added there, so maybe those other two games also stopped working for the same reason.

PD: What I meant when I said I can't commit, is that even if I know the fix for Double Dash and Wind Waker (which has been known for a couple of revisions now) I can't do anything but wait until one of the commiters decides to revert that change.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OMG THANK YOU

Who is fix94.1?

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
r66 looks very promising for controls and features. You guys are doing an amazing job, it's really cool to see so many different devs including Crediar, continue to contribute to this project. It seems like you guys like it, and are learning a lot at the same time. Really cool shiz here. Thanks guys.

OMG THANK YOU

Who is fix94.1?

Fix94 is the developer of many apps including the current version of WiiFlow. Oh and he's also a Mod here, the kid has many talents lol.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r66 looks very promising for controls and features. You guys are doing an amazing job, it's really cool to see so many different devs including Crediar, continue to contribute to this project. It seems like you guys like it, and are learning a lot at the same time. Really cool shiz here. Thanks guys.

Fix94 is the developer of many apps including the current version of WiiFlow.

Ah I see

Returning to the homebrew channel after clicking select is going to be so nice for testing games

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee works fine, no need to turn off MCEmu for it

WARNING: this revision breaks memory card emulation
also, sorry about my terrible asm code, I am happy that it works

Then exactly what is broken then? The 2 or 3 games that can actually save?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
While Sonic Riders is more controllable now, the L and R triggers are super sensitive and sometimes get stuck.

I'm glad we can return to hbc, very nice feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5