Hacking Nintendont

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any possible idea (or even an educated guess) why I'm only getting the "Loading Patched Kernel... -1" on the Wii U? I mean, Nintendont works on a Wii if I use the exact same SD card, iso, controller, etc... but on the Wii U, I can't get past this at all.

I used the original loader.dol on the front page, and even some of the custom ones people have uploaded... same thing happens. Anyone have any advice?

(Is it because I updated the Wii U to 5.1.2? Someone said Nintendo changed something on the Wii side a few updates back... would that be causing the problem? Just throwing out ideas...)

I don't think it's just you, I have the same problem on a Wii (not U). Tried different SD cards, USB HDDs, formatted them with the setting explained on the first post of this thread, fresh installation of Nintendont 1.53 and keep getting the same error. Went back to 1.52 in the meantime.

Reactions: ArthurXr

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

FreezingIceKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's just you, I have the same problem on a Wii (not U). Tried different SD cards, USB HDDs, formatted them with the setting explained on the first post of this thread, fresh installation of Nintendont 1.53 and keep getting the same error. Went back to 1.52 in the meantime.

It just seems so strange, too. It won't work on my Wii U, but it will on my Wii... yet for you, you're getting the same error yet you're using a Wii. What on earth are we doing wrong here? :blink:

FreezingIceKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if anyone's curious, I solved my problem regarding the Loading Patched Kernel... -1 thing.

I had a custom graphics theme for my Homebrew channel. Apparently, that was somehow interfering with it. I deleted the Homebrew save file (thus getting rid of the theme) and tried Nintendont again, and, surprisingly, it worked. After re-installing the theme and trying Nintendont again, it failed, leading back to the -1 thing

So... no more custom Homebrew themes for me. :(

Reactions: Cyan and ArthurXr

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is VERY possible now Bluetooth support is there, someone just has to add it..

Even if the devs add it, I will tell you I won't find that a very suitable option...
The mapping would be a COMPLETE MESS to work around.

Just think about it...
Each user will want a different setting for one game or another, making it a pain in the ass to please a wider audience with it.
One user won't like the setting, the other might like it, the other is happy, and so on.
The Wiimote+Nunchuck combination is not a good choice as a replacement for a NGC controller, just because of the lack of a second analog stick, that alone is a big issue, now add to that that we only have the D-Pad and an A and B button at the range of our thumbs.

ArthurXr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, if anyone's curious, I solved my problem regarding the Loading Patched Kernel... -1 thing.

I had a custom graphics theme for my Homebrew channel. Apparently, that was somehow interfering with it. I deleted the Homebrew save file (thus getting rid of the theme) and tried Nintendont again, and, surprisingly, it worked. After re-installing the theme and trying Nintendont again, it failed, leading back to the -1 thing

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Reactions: FreezingIceKirby

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Well, that's odd.
I have tried with 3 different HBC themes and none of them gave me that error.

What theme were you using by the way?

FreezingIceKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

This worked for me too. I've been using the same theme for so long that I would have never guessed it was causing the issue.

Thank you very much for finding and sharing that solution.

Reactions: FreezingIceKirby

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get rumble on the DS3? It's pretty minor and I prefer the Wii U Pro anyways but I'm just curious :D

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like this homebrew channel theme issue needs to be added to the first post, 3 people have already came forward saying it fixed their "Loading Patched Kernel... -1" error.

Reactions: ArthurXr

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also was it ever addressed how to get 4:3? I play on a 1080p monitor and I can't seem to get 4:3 even with it being set to 480p 4:3 mode.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I've looked over the last few pages and can't find an answer.

How do I connect a Wii U Pro/Classic Controller Pro to the latest Nintendont build? It just keeps telling me to connect an HID controller.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, you go to the home menu, press the red button on both devices.
After that, it just works. In theory.
Classic Controller should work straight out of the box, since the wiimote is already synced. And disable HID already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...