Hacking Nintendont

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I've looked over the last few pages and can't find an answer.

How do I connect a Wii U Pro/Classic Controller Pro to the latest Nintendont build? It just keeps telling me to connect an HID controller.

I didn't try it for now, but if I'm not wrong, you need to have the Wii U Pro Controller working in Wii U Mode, then when you are in Nintendont, (I don't know if it works, only saying it could work) disable the HID Controller option, turn on the bluetooth option (if is available or exists, not sure if it exist), try it. With the controller powered on, maybe it says in some part, "connect bluetooth controller" (when disable the HID option) and you power the controller and it maybe work :) .

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I've looked over the last few pages and can't find an answer.

How do I connect a Wii U Pro/Classic Controller Pro to the latest Nintendont build? It just keeps telling me to connect an HID controller.
make sure your using the latest rev 153 either on the wii or wiiu just press the red console button while in the menu wiiu menu for wiiu, wii menu for the wii and let the wiiu pro controller sync, the wiiu pro controller will shutdown after sincing on the wii or wiimode but he synced then in nintendont disabled the hid settings to off , start a game and when the game boots just press any key on the controller to activte it.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's maybe related to the IOS used.
IOS 58 check USB port in reversed order, port1 then port0.

If you have both drives connected, maybe the memory card is trying to access port1 (first encountered drive when using IOS58).

Did you try to swap the drives? Wii games on port0, nintendont on port1?
I made some tests, and this is what I got:

- I swaped the drivers (Nintendont, USBLoader, and the GC games on Port1, and only wii games at Port0) and used Nintendont
___when running directly from Nintendont's boot.dol, now Nintendont recognises the games on the usb (cause, as you thought, it's looking at Port1), but if I try enabling memorycard emu multi, the wii shuts down at "Checking FS... Error! 12 shutting down"... ...when trying to run it with Port0 empty, it gets stuck forever on "Checking FS..." (don't gives me the error)...
Ah, and all this things happened the same when turning memorycard emulation OFF

Just to be sure that something didn't got corrupted at this point, I tested the other scenarios that I pointed in my previous post, and no. Everything was actually fine, and all that was pointed before is still happening (the shutting down happens pretty fast, and by what I saw now, it's not exactly at "init dir", but on the next line, at "init CARD...").

- Now using the USBLoader (Nintendont, USBLoader, and the GC games on Port1, and only wii games at Port0)
___I got the same results as when loading from Nintendont directly (the "Checking FS..." stuff), with or without memorycard emulation.

The only thing that I could not test on USBLoader for some reason was loading from Port1 with Port0 empty.. ...USBLoader gets all weird when I do that. When initiating it starts searching for a USB device (even though I'm loading it from the first partition of one ...it starts the loader not finding any usb device, and only displays the normal wii channels)... ..when it enters the loader, I can't change Paths (it gives me a "error" message if I try), and I can't enable both ports, or make it recognize the games on Port1 (it also kinda freezes if I try to change this options, don't allowing me to exit out this settings screen). it also seems to enter a state where it doesn't recognize both ports properly anymore, as it disables Nand emulation too (it gives a message telling me so if I try to enable/disable it).. ....yeah pretty weird, but not too relevant to me, since using only one usb device, that is necessarily on Port1, is not something that I need to do really..

Also Cyan, when loading directly from Nintendont, the "exit to loader" code always brings me to HB channel, but when loading from the USBLoader, it always resets the wii.

Since there's a lot of stuff happening, here is a syscheck if there's any doubt about my setup
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.0U (v417)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 103062919
Boot2 v3
Found 93 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 523): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS48 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 4113): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 4890): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.2): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2014/09/06.
I think I tested all this scenarios more than 3 times each, and the results were consistent.

Edit: I tested a last thing. I loaded Nintendont from Usbloader (as I did on my previous post, Nintendont, USBLoader, and the GC games on Port0, and only wii games at Port1):
I created a save path on the USB device in Port1, and pasted there the working "ninmem.raw" that I had. Loaded Crazy Taxi with the memorycard emu ON. The wii shuts down at "init CARD...", but it also created a GCTE.raw on the save folder in Port1.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the detailed instructions, guys, I managed to get both controllers working. Every time I start a game, the CCPro is 1st player, even if I try to use the Wii U controller. How do I switch the Wii U one to be player 1?

D

Deleted User

Mario Kart Arcade does the same thing with 2.153 (blank black screen after load) as Luigi's mansion.

When I try to load Mega Man X Collection, I get the -1 Kernel error.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Hori stick for PC/PS3 fighters (Real Arcade Pro 3 SA) and never imagined I'd get to use it for SoulCalibur II on NGC. I'm assuming it should work with the DS3 config. Now if only I could use it for Tatsunuko vs. Capcom on Wii :P

Nintendont has far exceeded my most optimistic expectations. Great job to all who have lent a hand.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Already compiled and tested the swap button changes with Nintendont, oh my god now I can play Megaman Anniversary Collection the way it should be! even with my old NES pad connected to a SNES/NES to Wii converter that acts as a classic controller. Thanks for the instructions ShadowOne333 :yaywii:

What compilator did you use? I want to compilate one

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What compilator did you use? I want to compilate one

Well, I don't want to enter in the conversation in this form, but devkitpro is not the only thing you need, you also need notepad++ (to edit code) and you need also TortoiseSVN (to download the google code), so when you get all the google code, it comes with the compiler it self, download using TortoiseSVN.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thnks
Well, I don't want to enter in the conversation in this form, but devkitpro is not the only thing you need, you also need notepad++ (to edit code) and you need also TortoiseSVN (to download the google code), so when you get all the google code, it comes with the compiler it self, download using TortoiseSVN.
Thanks too!, well, i'll download all :)

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luigis Mansion (NTSC) hangs as soon as it launches, and leaves the wiimote leds flashing. But Eternal Darkness runs flawlessly from the time ive played.
Ive tried both with wiimote+cc combo. I didnt tried Luigis mansion with a HID to see if it was something with the bluetooth driver.
Ive used the latest version r153

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new controller updates are awesome! Great work guys!

I'm having a completely unrelated problem with controllers, though. When I try to boot a GC game through one of the USB loaders, they always reset the settings, including the HID-Controller option, which I need for my USB controller. What can I do to alleviate this? Because I don't want to have to go through the Nintendont settings and set the HID On every time I want to play a game. Thanks in advance.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The new controller updates are awesome! Great work guys!

I'm having a completely unrelated problem with controllers, though. When I try to boot a GC game through one of the USB loaders, they always reset the settings, including the HID-Controller option, which I need for my USB controller. What can I do to alleviate this? Because I don't want to have to go through the Nintendont settings and set the HID On every time I want to play a game. Thanks in advance.

I bet you are using a USB loader, that happened to me when I used Nintendont via a USB loader, it resetted the settings everytime I went into the app.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Luigis Mansion (NTSC) hangs as soon as it launches, and leaves the wiimote leds flashing. But Eternal Darkness runs flawlessly from the time ive played.
Ive tried both with wiimote+cc combo. I didnt tried Luigis mansion with a HID to see if it was something with the bluetooth driver.
Ive used the latest version r153

Now I have read, FIX94 said the code is too long for bluetooth, so we need to wait to get it optimized, he said this bluetooth could get bugs.

EDIT: Just used the bluetooth with Pro Controller and works great, but if I use Wiimotionplus with the Classic Controller it gives some problems to me, I don't know if it a mine problem or it happends to another person, maybe is because my motionplus is Japanese and my controller is from America, it has some problems but at least some games recognize it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol