uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's just an ATI GPU with an ARM core stuck to it that serves as a hypervisor. GX is Nintendo's graphics library similar to DirectX/OpenGL.
The Wii U has a completely different GPU (based on modern compute-shader-based GPU) than the Wii or the Gamecube, however the Wii U still has the Wii/Gamecube based GPU. That's why if we would port Nintendont to ISOU mode, we would have access to A LOT more memory resources (2GB ram, 32MB of fast ram) and A LOT more compute resources (faster PPC and ARM processor, old fixed-pipeline-based GPU and new compute-shader-based GPU)

Last edited by uyjulian,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has a completely different GPU (based on modern compute-shader-based GPU) than the Wii or the Gamecube, however the Wii U still has the Wii/Gamecube based GPU. That's why if we would port Nintendont to ISOU mode, we would have access to A LOT more memory resources (2GB ram, 32MB of fast ram) and A LOT more compute resources (faster PPC and ARM processor, old fixed-pipeline-based GPU and new compute-shader-based GPU)

It's still essentially the same as GC>Wii... there are a few new modules added to the chips to enhance them but it doesn't matter if there is no homebrew access to that hardware yet. :)

That ARM core on the Latte is still preventing access to the hardware.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you guys still discussing this? Can someone port Nintendont over to a toaster please?

Guys, let's focus on bug reports and testing here, Nintendont runs on Wii U, who cares if it runs on vWii mode or Wiiu mode? Can it be ported to Wiiu mode? Most likely, but it would require a lot of rewriting which I highly doubt anyone would be interested in doing all that work again, when needed I'm sure it'll be done, online gameplay is minority now, we still have some bugs that could be fixed and a lot of more requested features that could be added before we can think of online multiplay for games that don't support online gameplay to begin with, just bring over a friend and play all you want!

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
online multiplay for games that don't support online gameplay to begin with,

you seem to miss that i and probably the others were mainly referring to something more akin to dolph netplay, not trying to make existing LAN compatibilities in a rare few gamecube games work on wifi instead

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem to miss that i and probably the others were mainly referring to something more akin to dolph netplay, not trying to make existing LAN compatibilities in a rare few gamecube games work on wifi instead

I think what everyone was trying to say as it that it's an architecture difference. Dolphin runs on an operating system. Consoles are single-user instances and would require something else running in a background thread to support something like this.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what everyone was trying to say as it that it's an architecture difference. Dolphin runs on an operating system. Consoles are single-user instances and would require something else running in a background thread to support something like this.

Oh. Thanks.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant thank you as in for the info, didn't mean to ask a stupid question repeatedly. or so rudely. :unsure:
im just SOL in terms of computers and ultra thirsty to be able to play SD Remix or, praise anankos, Kirby Air Ride with people online without them

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, does it matter what region the ipl.bin is for video patching?
I have all 3 three iplpal, iplusa, ipljap, ipl.bin being a copy of iplpal.bin
when trying to force Animal Crossing usa into 576i it always switches back to 480i, I've noticed the video patching works for a few brief seconds switching to 576i before booting the bios with the purple gamecube G logo in 480i.

Last edited by ned,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a question, does it matter what region the ipl.bin is for video patching?
when trying to force Animal Crossing usa into 576i it always switches back to 480i, I've noticed the video patching works for a few brief seconds switching to 576i before booting the bios with the purple gamecube G logo in 480i.
ipl.bin will never get loaded lol

nintendont loads iplsusa.bin if you boot a usa game.iplpal.bin if you boot a pal game and ipljap.bin if you boot a jap game and of couse segaboot.bin if you boot a triforce game, nintendont will never use a file only named named ipl.bin for anything.

Last edited by pedro702,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also iplpal.bin is useless on a Wii U. Also some games don't like being video patched.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Also iplpal.bin is useless on a Wii U. Also some games don't like being video patched.

I'm using it on a Wii, sorry but I can't find a Nintendont thread in the Wii section, threads are merged anyway right for homebrew that runs on both?
I also tried it without the iplusa.bin bios it patched it for a few seconds before the progressive scan mode prompt which is automatically selected without a button combo if the Wii system menu is set to EDTV.
I've also tried patching the PAL version to 480i/p and it doesn't even make it to the red Nintendo logo before my tv says the video mode is unsupported.

Last edited by ned,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using it on a Wii, sorry but I can't find a Nintendont thread in the Wii section, threads are merged anyway right for homebrew that runs on both?
I also tried it without the iplusa.bin bios it patched it for a few seconds before the progressive scan mode prompt which is automatically selected without a button combo if the Wii system menu is set to EDTV.
I've also tried patching the PAL version to 480i/p and it doesn't even make it to the red Nintendo logo before my tv says the video mode is unsupported.

This is the only Nintendont support thread. There's a link to it in the Wii section.

Does it work without the ipl? It's not really necessary. It's just there for the logo. :)

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the only Nintendont support thread. There's a link to it in the Wii section.

Does it work without the ipl? It's not really necessary. It's just there for the logo. :)

No same result, only PAL60 works but again it switches back to 480i.
Super Mario Sunshine USA is also the same it can't be forced into 576i, but oddly it won't force into 480p either, it remains in 480i unless you tell to run in progressive scan mode at the prompt screen, where as Animal Crossing USA will force into 480p even if you select interlace.
I using a PAL Wii if it makes any difference.

Last edited by ned,

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, running the appropriate *.ipl beforehand will upscale the game's video resolution?

Maybe I didn't read far enough in the thread :x

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the wrong place to be asking this, but does anyone know of a good way to make DOLs that point to specific games within Nintendont that we could use to create individualized game channels? I recently made individualized game channels for all my Wii games using WiiGSC's CFG Forwarder which just basically passes the GAMEID to the actual loader on the SD card, it'd be cool if something like this existed for Nintendont so that I could create individual game channels for my GameCube games instead of having to use a frontend to load them.

I'm picturing basically a barebones DOL that just passes pre-set parameters such as GameID, memory card settings etc to Nintendont the way that a USB Loader does. I tested this with Animal Crossing, and the closest I got to this was making a channel using the USB Loader GX Forwarder included with WiiGSC, which loaded USB Loader GX and then loaded Nintendont immediately after that and loaded Animal Crossing right away, so theoretically it already works, it just takes a really long time to load everything and isn't exactly as seamless as it could be. It's worth noting that doing this, game-specific settings set within USB Loader GX are held onto.

Anyways looking forward to what anyone thinks of this!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No same result, only PAL60 works but again it switches back to 480i.
Super Mario Sunshine USA is also the same it can't be forced into 576i, but oddly it won't force into 480p either, it remains in 480i unless you tell to run in progressive scan mode at the prompt screen, where as Animal Crossing USA will force into 480p even if you select interlace.
I using a PAL Wii if it makes any difference.
why do you want to force mario sunshine usa to 576i? if you want 576i just get the pal version.Some games will never let you force them since they are hardcoded messes.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. Thanks.
This has come up several times before. Essentially trying to port and Modify Nintendon't to WiiU mode will be more trouble than it's worth.
It's more likely someone will eventually do a GX->GX2 wrapper for the entire Vwii which would be a much larger payoff for the effort involved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up