Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't want anyone to be angry. This game worked fine for me FORCED TO NTSC before on DIOS MIOS and Wii MIOS.
I thought it was just a nintendon't bug. I only posted it.
I dont use NTSC iso because my english is not very well and the NTSC game is english only.
Please don't get upset about that ;)
Upload your save file here, so we could test by ourselves and tell you if it works or not ;)

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, can you share your save? Then someone could easily test and see if that happens to them :)
Sure here is my nintendon't MC (It also have other saves inside). I can also upload a video if you need it.
I have the lang setting set to spanish.
Thanks for all if there 's something else that can help i'm here

Attachments

• ninmem.rar
    618.6 KB · Views: 102

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't want anyone to be angry. This game worked fine for me FORCED TO NTSC before on DIOS MIOS and Wii MIOS.
I thought it was just a nintendon't bug. I only posted it.
I dont use NTSC iso because my english is not very well and the NTSC game is english only.
have you tryed it on auto if your tv can accept pal signal it will work normaly with pal, also dios mios uses wii mios nintendont doesnt use mios at all.

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
have you tryed it on auto if your tv can accept pal signal it will work normaly with pal, also dios mios uses wii mios nintendont doesnt use mios at all.
On Auto my TV has no signal, my TV is NTSC only i can play the game because it has 60Hz. On DIOS MIOS i had to press A to select 60Hz and play. On Nintendont the game is displayed in NTSC directly.
I know that nintendon't is like a VM with several patches for specific games, Paper Mario has a patch to work because that i'm reporting the bug, because maybe it's a bug in the patch.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
On Auto my TV has no signal, my TV is NTSC only i can play the game because it has 60Hz. On DIOS MIOS i had to press A to select 60Hz and play. On Nintendont the game is displayed in NTSC directly.
I know that nintendon't is like a VM with several patches for specific games, Paper Mario has a patch to work because that i'm reporting the bug, because maybe it's a bug in the patch.
Just curious, have you tried with another language in the same place? We never know XD

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
have you tryed forcing pal60 instead? becuase your tv might not acept 50hz from auto but maybe it accepts pal60

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
have you tryed forcing pal60 instead? becuase your tv might not acept 50hz from auto but maybe it accepts pal60
You were right i forced it to PAL60 and the game didn't froze but in PAL60 i have signal but the game is in B/W even on 60Hz. My TV is a shit :lol:
Maybe the bug is occasioned by the nintendont way to force the game to NTSC.
In DIOS MIOS, inclusive in MIOS, when i started the game forced to NTSC my TV has no signal until 60Hz were activated. in MIOS i didn't had the freeze bug before.
This behavior happens inclusive in nintendont in some games like StarFox Assault PAL.
In Nintendon't by what I see the game displays directly on NTSC when is forced because i can see the Hz seletion screen directly.
This forcing way possibly bug the game and ocasionate the freeze.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
unlikely, paper mario uses a special exception for arstartdma which I always knew was dangerous so I am not sure what we can do about it, maybe the newer __ARHandler patch would work better for the game I dont know.
I tried to help :D If it still freeze, then, Pedro is right :)

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks @FIX94 and @VinsCool and @pedro702 for your help
I updated to 3.367 and the game continues freezing i will test your new version in a moment
@FIX94 i have other rare behaviors on Paper Mario forced to NTSC
1- Curtains sometimes show more at the left leaving a black bar at the right when press start at the main screen. I don't have 16:9 patch applied
2- The press start button appear more faster when forced to NTSC that PAL60 and Dolphin.
3- When load the save file (starting the game) the courtains lengthen than the loading memory card screen
Edit: Tried AR__handler and the game continúes freezing

Last edited by mlinares,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: Tried AR__handler and the game continúes freezing
so its a video mode freeze I guess you just need to get past that point and save, thats what forcing brings with it, especially in nintendont, in DIOS-MIOS the video mode is not forced as brutal as we do in nintendont because the GC mode works differently.

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so its a video mode freeze I guess you just need to get past that point and save, thats what forcing brings with it, especially in nintendont, in DIOS-MIOS the video mode is not forced as brutal as we do in nintendont because the GC mode works differently.
Thanks for all @FIX94 @VinsCool ;) sorry if i wasted your time i will do that.
Maybe you can test with a less aggresive forcing method more similar to GC for this game because with 60hz enabled it displays correctly. it's not like luigi's mansion.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 finally the bug is gone :yay::grog: i had no signal, pressed A until 60hz was active and the game worked great, the freeze bug was gone and the others that i told you too. You should commit this relase to master. Thank You;)
it would break quite some games like this, really we need some sort of option to turn that on and off

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it would break quite some games like this, really we need some sort of option to turn that on and off
Well finally we have the fix. now you only need to active the option to enable the alternative forcing method on nintendont. This will not solve only paper Mario other games that has problems with forcing too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up