Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
now it seems that ntsc 1.0 used yet another __CARDUnlock...
-added yet another __CARDUnlock IPL patch
edit: another correction, this now hopefully works?
-ipl patch correction, its more complex than I thought
I will test and report... "Now Loading..."

Nope, sorry I still get the same results, my third party MC works fine but the first party MCs I have only work if I take them off and reinsert them after the game starts.

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: Troopage

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

How force progressive scan work for pal games? Every time I tried to force progressive in a way or another (i.e. force progressive and/or force pal/ntsc 480p) I got a freeze with every game.

I managed to get progressive mode with Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance PAL on a PAL Wii connected to my TV (Samsung TV UE40ES6000) with component cables and with the Wii’s menu set to 480p:
  1. If I run it without any forced option, my TV will report 720×576 / 50i when the game starts. If I had the B button pressed at boot, the prompt for choosing 60Hz or 50Hz will come up, and if I select 60Hz my TV will change to report 720×480 / 60i. The edges of letters and other fine details are not crisp, as expected from an interlaced image.
  2. If I only enable "Force Progressive", my TV will report 720×480 / 60p right from the moment the game boots, and it will remain like that irrespective of whether, having had the B button pressed at boot, I choose 60Hz or 50Hz. Even though the TV reports 480p, the edges of letters and other fine details are still not crisp, though. As a matter of fact, it looks the same as 1.
  3. If I enable "Force Progressive", "Video: Forced", "Videomode: NTSC" my TV will report 720×480 / 60p right from the moment the game boots too. Having had the B button pressed at boot, a prompt asking whether to run the game in progressive mode will come up. Only if I choose yes, the edges of letters and other fine details will be noticeable crispier that with the previous attempts. The TV will be reporting 720×480 / 60p irrespective of whether I choose Yes or No, but the crispiness is definitely different.
At neither point did the game freeze, though. I have not tried this with other games.

I do not know if this is the expected way of obtaining progressive in PAL, but if it is, I find it rather cumbersome. I would have expected step 2 to give me the results of step 3 without even having to have the B button pressed at boot and choose progressive output (i.e. if I activate Force Progressive, that is the mode I expect without requiring further interaction). Is requiring all 3 options PLUS having the B button pressed at boot time a design decision? If so, why? Or it even working is an unexpected behavior?

Last edited by comokepa,

bagelnomnom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS2 controller works in the HID test but it doesn't work with nintendont I have the controller.ini in the root of the sd card and the root of my usb hdd

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to make sure; for Triforce saves, it's a .bin and a .raw, right? Also, I added a "Return to..." setting to the wishlist, and also re-ordered and cleaned it up. (It was a mess in the BB Code Editor)

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by comokepa,

darkstalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Who tell me whats wrong???
I have 2 Wii Remote and 2 Nunchacks, Black Wii Remote with Motion+ inside and white without it...
On black nintendont working, i can play, but on my white remote it doesnt work(i cant control, push start)...Whats wrong???

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have 2 Wii Remote and 2 Nunchacks, Black Wii Remote with Motion+ inside and white without it...
On black nintendont working, i can play, but on my white remote it doesnt work(i cant control, push start)...Whats wrong???
fake / third party wiimote im guessing.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
if you can provide a photo of your white wiimote because it might not be third party and you just did something wrong

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Game : Legend Of Zelda - The Wind Waker [GZLP01]
Describe Issue : After using analog stick to move the character, the screen freezes and no controller inputs are registred by nintendont anymore. Sound plays without issues in background. Every other button on the controller works until trying to walk (by using the analog stick)
Region : PAL
Wii/Wii U : tested on Wii and Wii U, both are PAL consoles
Nintendont revision : r362, r360, r358
Last known working revision (if any) : -
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : tested without loader and usbloader gx on r1248 and r1252
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : TOSHIBA, TOSHIBA StorE HDD, HDD: 500gb - Partition: 100gb, Fat32 - 32K cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu, 251 blocks, MemCard Multi: Off
Native on/off : tested both
Controller used if Native off : Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter (WUP028), PS4-Controller (DualShock 4)
Composite/Component/HDMI: Wii U - HDMI, Wii - Component
Anything else you want to explain: ISO is redump verified, partition is not fragmented, no used features of nintendont except McEmu

I hope that there is a fix for it. Thank you for looking at it.

Reactions: Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof