Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game : Legend Of Zelda - The Wind Waker [GZLP01]
Describe Issue : After using analog stick to move the character, the screen freezes and no controller inputs are registred by nintendont anymore. Sound plays without issues in background. Every other button on the controller works until trying to walk (by using the analog stick)
Region : PAL
Wii/Wii U : tested on Wii and Wii U, both are PAL consoles
Nintendont revision : r362, r360, r358
Last known working revision (if any) : -
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : tested without loader and usbloader gx on r1248 and r1252
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : TOSHIBA, TOSHIBA StorE HDD, HDD: 500gb - Partition: 100gb, Fat32 - 32K cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu, 251 blocks, MemCard Multi: Off
Native on/off : tested both
Controller used if Native off : Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter (WUP028), PS4-Controller (DualShock 4)
Composite/Component/HDMI: Wii U - HDMI, Wii - Component
Anything else you want to explain: ISO is redump verified, partition is not fragmented, no used features of nintendont except McEmu

I hope that there is a fix for it. Thank you for looking at it.
forced settings you might have on nintendont? tell all your nintendont settings if you can.Sometimes people forget they have forced videomodes or log and osreport on among other things also mcemu size?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Cheats : Off
Debugger : Off
Debugger Wait: Off
Memcard Emulation : On
Cheat Path : Off
Force Widescreen : Off
Force Progressive : Off
Auto Boot : Off
Unlock Read Speed : Off
OSReport : Off
WiiU Widescreeen : Off
Drive Read LED : Off
Log : Off
MaxPads : 4
Language : Auto
Video : Auto
Memcard Blocks : 251
Memcard Multi : Off
Native Control : Off
Video Width : Auto
Screen Position : 0
I hope this helps

Reactions: Troopage

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Describe Issue : After using analog stick to move the character, the screen freezes and no controller inputs are registred by nintendont anymore. Sound plays without issues in background. Every other button on the controller works until trying to walk (by using the analog stick)
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : tested without loader and usbloader gx on r1248 and r1252
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : TOSHIBA, TOSHIBA StorE HDD, HDD: 500gb - Partition: 100gb, Fat32 - 32K cluster
Controller used if Native off : Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter (WUP028), PS4-Controller (DualShock 4)
Anything else you want to explain: ISO is redump verified, partition is not fragmented, no used features of nintendont except McEmu

It does this on an original Wii with a real Gamecube controller? I know there were some deadzone issues with HID controllers but this game should work fine with original ones.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cheats : Off
Debugger : Off
Debugger Wait: Off
Memcard Emulation : On
Cheat Path : Off
Force Widescreen : Off
Force Progressive : Off
Auto Boot : Off
Unlock Read Speed : Off
OSReport : Off
WiiU Widescreeen : Off
Drive Read LED : Off
Log : Off
MaxPads : 4
Language : Auto
Video : Auto
Memcard Blocks : 251
Memcard Multi : Off
Native Control : Off
Video Width : Auto
Screen Position : 0
I hope this helps
got WW pal, used your exact same setiings on 362, created a new save with mcemu started playing watched the intro, moved around and such for 5 mins no issues tough, used CC on the wii and the gc adapter on wiiu no issues found.
i used a full 1.35gb iso md5 checked.
So that leaves your sure your iso is md5 cheked?HDD problems?

maybe you corrupted your iso somehow?

bagelnomnom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Adding this again hoping for a response) My PS2 controller works in the HID test but it doesn't work with nintendont I have the controller.ini in the root of the sd card and the root of my usb hdd any ideas on what to do?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
(Adding this again hoping for a response) My PS2 controller works in the HID test but it doesn't work with nintendont I have the controller.ini in the root of the sd card and the root of my usb hdd any ideas on what to do?
maybe the controller.ini is badly done? post it?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
It does this on an original Wii with a real Gamecube controller? I know there were some deadzone issues with HID controllers but this game should work fine with original ones.

got WW pal, used your exact same setiings on 362, created a new save with mcemu started playing watched the intro, moved around and such for 5 mins no issues tough, used CC on the wii and the gc adapter on wiiu no issues found.
i used a full 1.35gb iso md5 checked.
So that leaves your sure your iso is md5 cheked?HDD problems?

maybe you corrupted your iso somehow?

Yes I own original gamecube controllers and also the iso is md5 checked. I will try another hard drive tomorrow.
Thank you

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Are you using Nintendont or Nintendont mod?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
For some reasons it looks like it was a corrupted config file. I deleted it and now everything runs fine...
But it could also be that repartitioning did the trick...
I'm sorry about that...

Last edited by send0r,

Braxton2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantasy Star Online 1&2Plus save data corrupts on my real 1000block+ memory card and even after you delete/format it auto corrupts again. It doesn't do this for PSO1&2 original version however. Was wondering if there was anyway to fix this?

I also learned that I have saved japanese game files (Only Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Japanese) on the card as well, and I'm thinking that could be the issue.
But then I tried other games and those save files work perfectly fine even with mixed save data.

Last edited by Braxton2011,

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In reply to your post, Braxton 2011, it may be possible that your version of Phantasy Star online doesn't properly support your 1000 block memory card. I remember hearing that some games are a bit picky about large memory cards.

---

Does anybody know if Nintendont still has that issue where USB controllers will not work on the front ports when a hard drive is plugged into the rear ports?

Last edited by Argonitious,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In reply to your post, Braxton 2011, it may be possible that your version of Phantasy Star online doesn't properly support your 1000 block memory card. I remember hearing that some games are a bit picky about large memory cards.

---

Does anybody know if Nintendont still has that issue where USB controllers will not work on the front ports when a hard drive is plugged into the rear ports?
it doesnt for a long time, the only problem with usbs is you cant have 2 hdds connected at the same time not even a wii and a wiiu formated one.

i use on my wiiu
lower back port my ethernet lan adapter
upper back port my hdd
both front ports my Wiiu GC adapter.

For some reasons it looks like it was a corrupted config file. I deleted it and now everything runs fine...
But it could also be that repartitioning did the trick...
I'm sorry about that...
tbh i heard ps4 controller when exiting nintendont might corrupt your config files so beware of the ps4 exit button lol its best to avoid it. just exit it by using another controller or by pressing the power button on the console itself.

Reactions: send0r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did