Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of things it actually could be the ECHI being removed. Extensible Host Controller Interface (XHCI) is the newest host controller standard that improves speed, power efficiency and virtualization over its predecessors The goal was also to define a USB host controller to replace UHCI/OHCI/EHCI. It supports all USB device speeds (USB 3.1 SuperSpeed+, USB 3.0 SuperSpeed, USB 2.0 Low-, Full-, and High-speed, USB 1.1 Low- and Full-speed).

EDIT: Sorry, IT IS the problem. There is no mention of ECHI anywhere in the software. This is what will be causing the issue for some USB 3.0 users.
No, it isn't the problem. EHCI was not removed; if it was, USB hard drives wouldn't work at all.

The USB storage driver in Nintendont r230 was rewritten to use IOS58's EHCI code instead of accessing the USB hardware directly.

Adding support for XHCI would do absolutely nothing, since neither the Wii nor the Wii U have an XHCI controller. USB 3.0 HDDs also support USB 2.0 and 1.x. The fact that some USB 3.0 drives aren't working with Nintendont is completely unrelated to this, and is most likely an issue in the USB bridge chip used in the drive's enclosure that Nintendont doesn't handle.

(For the record: XHCI is USB 3.0. EHCI, Enhanced Host Controller Interface, is USB 2.0.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi.
I've tested some games with version 2.277 (with bios)

ntsc games : works
pal games :works

Except Luigi mansion pal, but this game sometimes even not works in nintendont itself.

Great job Fix94 !!!!

A question:
is it possible at this moment enter the settings in bios ?
or is only to boot games?

Thanks again
you can enter the bios by holding the A button you can delete stuff from mcemu but tahst it everything else you change there wont have any effect like the time and such.

Reactions: gig71

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably under "aspect ratio options" or something along those lines. If you give me your TV brand and model I could take a look at it...

Under "Size" in my "Picture Options," my choices are "16:9", "Zoom1," "Zoom2," "Wide Fit," "4:3," and "Screen Fit." I always keep it on Screen Fit so the Aspect Ratio is kept intact with as little as possible getting cut off the screen. Isn't "Just Scan" just another way of saying "Screen Fit?" Either way, my TV is a Samsung, its Model Code is LDM40B530P7FXZA, and its Version CN01.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Under "Size" in my "Picture Options," my choices are "16:9", "Zoom1," "Zoom2," "Wide Fit," "4:3," and "Screen Fit." I always keep it on Screen Fit so the Aspect Ratio is kept intact with as little as possible getting cut off the screen. Isn't "Just Scan" just another way of saying "Screen Fit?" Either way, my TV is a Samsung, its Model Code is LDM40B530P7FXZA, and its Version CN01.

Yeah, "Screen Fit" is probably the equivalent of "Just Scan".
Your TV is FullHD right? (1080p)
You could try disabling WiiU Widescreen in both, loader and Nintendon't itself and selecting "16:9" on your TV. That SHOULD fix your issue...

*EDIT* Are you launching your loader/Nintendon't from the HBC or from a forwarder channel? Try a forwarder if you're not using one already. I'm sure you know there's a bug with the HBC on WiiU. (always displays in 4:3)

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, "Screen Fit" is probably the equivalent of "Just Scan".
Your TV is FullHD right? (1080p)
You could try disabling WiiU Widescreen in both, loader and Nintendon't itself and selecting "16:9" on your TV. That SHOULD fix your issue...

*EDIT* Are you launching your loader/Nintendon't from the HBC or from a forwarder channel? Try a forwarder if you're not using one already. I'm sure you know there's a bug with the HBC on WiiU. (always displays in 4:3)

I only launch it through the HBC to update it. I launch it through USBLGX for everything else.
I did as you suggested and the aspect ratio is still messed up. The only difference is that the black bars on the sides from the resolution being 448p are cut off, so the top and bottom of the screen are cut off too. I think it's just because the games I'm playing are ported over from other systems that display in 480p, so its a developer mistake. Quite a few of the games I have display perfectly fine, but others look wrong and some have both ovals and circles! :wtf:

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I only launch it through the HBC to update it. I launch it through USBLGX for everything else.
I did as you suggested and the aspect ratio is still messed up. The only difference is that the black bars on the sides from the resolution being 448p are cut off, so the top and bottom of the screen are cut off too. I think it's just because the games I'm playing are ported over from other systems that display in 480p, so its a developer mistake. Quite a few of the games I have display perfectly fine, but others look wrong and some have both ovals and circles! :wtf:

That's really, REALLY weird.
Could you tell me the name of a game that WORKS in your system and one that DOESN'T (with ovals instead of circles etc).
I'd like to try 'em on my setup.
Also, try using CFG mod and see if that helps (before launching the games try deleting Nintendon't files from the root of your USB drive. I think they're an xml file, a cfg file and a text file if I'm not mistaken)
Leave CFG options at default.

BTW, you can return to screen fit now.

PS: Have you checked the screen size slider on your WiiU? I'm guessing you have but it's worth a shot...

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did as you suggested and the aspect ratio is still messed up. The only difference is that the black bars on the sides from the resolution being 448p are cut off, so the top and bottom of the screen are cut off too.
Er, this was a mistake. My bad! :P
I had my TV set on "16:9" but forgot to turn the "Wii U Widescreen" option off. With the option off, the black bars only get smaller instead of getting cut off, but the top and bottom is still cut off.
That's really, REALLY weird.
Could you tell me the name of a game that WORKS in your system and one that DO NOT (with ovals instead of circles etc).
I'd like to try 'em on my setup.
Okay, I'll list one game from each category. When testing, these games were all played with the "Wii U Widescreen" option off (So 4:3) and my TV set on "Screen Fit." ("16:9" was the same as "Screen Fit" but stuff was cut off.)
Amazing Island: Has both circles and ovals. In dialog boxes, the green rectangle prompt is supposed to be square, but when you go up to someone, the A Button prompt and the square cloud it's in are fine. A quick Google search showed that the A Button prompt and the square cloud box are supposed to be a little wide, so when I said that some games have both, it was indeed because of a developer mistake, so we can conclude this game is squished for me.
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction: Has both. It looks fine when it has both in-game Widescreen and the "Wii U Widescreen" option on. It looks squished with both off.
Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights: Has ovals This one is mind-numbingly obvious, right as soon as you see the Heavy Iron Studios logo. Other instances include the moon, and the characters looking anorexic.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips to reduce the likelihood of freezing during gameplay? I've had a few different occurrences the past couples days. Also I'm on the latest nintendont version. Although freezing also did occur while on a version that was a few weeks old.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Any tips to reduce the likelihood of freezing during gameplay? I've had a few different occurrences the past couples days. Also I'm on the latest nintendont version. Although freezing also did occur while on a version that was a few weeks old.
If you were using a trimmed ISO try a full ISO.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely convinced, as that channel loaded awfully fast. Also, if Wii Remote and Classic Controller aren't supported, how exactly can you play? I don't understand how it can support a DualShock. (USB? Never personally seen that kind of thing, even with regular Wii development.) Also, since the WiiU can support progressive scan for Wii software, why didn't Wind Waker ask for it?

But, on the strong possibility that I'm wrong and that my suspicions are nothing more than internet bitterness, this will be an interesting project to keep an eye on.
Oh dude it totally works if you set it up right! It Works with my most fav games: Shadow The Hedgehog & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle! Here's SAV2B On Wii):
_4ZO83L.jpg

Overall this is the BEST loader ever! No GC Game Required, which save's the hassle of swapping!

^

The Classic Controller uses Bluetooth as well, so naturally, there should be no hardware limitation for this controller is a PS3 controller works. Nevertheless, I hope this comes to fruition and released publicly, just need a Y-cable for my HDD.

There had better not be you-know-what measurements implemented

Yeah, the Xbone/X360 Controller's should work perfect, due to them being all Bluetooth controllers + The Wii/Wii U Supports even DATA USB Bus, which Nintendo never ment to use such a thing except for things like the sky-lander accessory + the Wii Speak Mic for example. It's just that they have to be Mapped correctly, or your X button and R Bumper on you 360 controller becomes a A button and the L Trigger.

Sadly Windows USB Controller's or Mac 1's don't work (To My Knowledge!)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh dude it totally works if you set it up right! It Works with my most fav games: Shadow The Hedgehog & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle! Here's SAV2B On Wii): View attachment 14441

Overall this is the BEST loader ever! No GC Game Required, which save's the hassle of swapping!

Yeah, the Xbone/X360 Controller's should work perfect, due to them being all Bluetooth controllers + The Wii/Wii U Supports even DATA USB Bus, which Nintendo never ment to use such a thing except for things like the sky-lander accessory + the Wii Speak Mic for example. It's just that they have to be Mapped correctly, or your X button and R Bumper on you 360 controller becomes a A button and the L Trigger.

Sadly Windows USB Controller's or Mac 1's don't work (To My Knowledge!)
what? xbox controllers do not work without a specific adapter do to using proprietary xinput code... neither do ps3 controller or ps4 without being trough cable itself, just becuase nintendont supoorts bluetooth that doesnt mean you can use any BT device the only bt devices that are coded are

• WiiU Pro Controller
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro
  • Wii Classic Controller, with analog L/R support
  • Mayflash GC Controller Adapter for Wii/Wii U [W007]
  • Wii U Fight Pad controller [link]
  • Wii remote+Nunchuck
dont go off giving bad advices saying both ps3 and xbox controller should work trough BT when that is not correct at all.

Reactions: MassiveRican

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey- I'm having constant random freezing with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I don't have trouble with any other games- so I figured I'd ask and see if it's a known problem.
i played that game begining to end and never had a random freeze but it has been awhile ,what is your setup?what settings you have on on nintendont,nintendont version, trimmed iso,controller used? say everything if you expect someone to help you out. we cant guess what might be your issue if you dont give us all the details.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played that agme begining to end and never had a random freeze what is your setup?what settings you have on on nintendont, trimmed iso? say everything if you except someone to help you out.

Hard drive setup is FAT32, 32K Clustersize, Only nintendont setting that's changed is widescreen and the rest are default, and i'm using a 1:1 ISO, and a Real GCN 1019 Memory Card.

The same iso in the same location runs great with Dios Mios- I'd just like to be able to play with Wiimote + Classic Controller or Nunchuk when I came across this issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hard drive setup is FAT32, 32K Clustersize, Only nintendont setting that's changed is widescreen and the rest are default, and i'm using a 1:1 ISO, and a Real GCN 1019 Memory Card.

The same iso in the same location runs great with Dios Mios- I'd just like to be able to play with Wiimote + Classic Controller or Nunchuk when I came across this issue.
widescreen has alot of bugs with several games try playing with widescreen off, widescreen its a hack and some games dont like the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU