Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any progress fixing the speed up music and audio on some of the audio streaming games? Playing Dave Mirra and BMX XXX with chipmunk music get annoying after a while.

I love the chipmunks. LOL.

I know FIX94 added some timers many revisions ago to try to fix some of the games with sped up music. I don't remember what game were fixed. You can always try them out again as games are fixed all the time.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if I played the PAL version on a NTSC-U Wii with a Gamecube memory card that already has a NTSC Luigi's Mansion save file on it? Don't want to risk corrupting the card.

NTSC-U and PAL games can be played on the same memory card and since the NTSC-U and PAL versions use a different Game ID they would use separate blocks. The only exception is you can't mix NTSC-J with NTSC-U and PAL games.

You can always use a GameCube Memory Card manager to back stuff up with just to be safe as stuff can get corrupted even on official hardware. I had my 1019 memory card get corrupted when using it on a Wii with no unofficial hardware or software. Nothing is 100% reliable.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NTSC-U and PAL games can be played on the same memory card and since the NTSC-U and PAL versions use a different Game ID they would use separate blocks. The only exception is you can't mix NTSC-J with NTSC-U and PAL games.

You can always use a GameCube Memory Card manager to back stuff up with just to be safe as stuff can get corrupted even on official hardware. I had my 1019 memory card get corrupted when using it on a Wii with no unofficial hardware or software. Nothing is 100% reliable.

Thanks for clarifying, that also explains why my memory got corrupted a while back for booting up a Japanese game.

Snowmanne

Trophies
Website
Snowmanne.DeviantArt.com
XP
Country
United States
I love the chipmunks. LOL.

I know FIX94 added some timers many revisions ago to try to fix some of the games with sped up music. I don't remember what game were fixed. You can always try them out again as games are fixed all the time.
Read all the revisions log messages. Tried r175 and r256. Well as of r272 of nintendont the music from Dave Mirra freestyle bmx 2 plays sped up. BMX XXX's music and audio from cut scenes plays sped up and a black screen when using component cables on the Wii. Those are the only games I'm having issues with.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this in case it got missed. I am eager to help investigate this issue.

Seriously stop posting about this. The answer has been answered in this thread at least a dozen times. Competitive smash will not be supported with HID controllers. You need to turn on Native Controls and use your gamecube ports on a regular BC Wii.

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously stop posting about this. The answer has been answered in this thread at least a dozen times. Competitive smash will not be supported with HID controllers. You need to turn on Native Controls and use your gamecube ports on a regular BC Wii.

It doesn't just effect Smash, it effects all games for example I can feel it in Ikaruga.

I've never played Smash using Nintendont. There was another poster posting about Smash and this issue.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't just effect Smash, it effects all games for example I can feel it in Ikaruga.

I've never played Smash using Nintendont. There was another poster posting about Smash and this issue.

I always use the adapter with my wavebird controllers and it feels PERFECT. Maybe your controller or adapter is defective

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always use the adapter with my wavebird controllers and it feels PERFECT. Maybe your controller or adapter is defective

I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware. I haven't played it much but in Smash for Wii U it seems fine. I only played a few rounds though. I am using a wired official Gamecube controller.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
small update, ax still had a debug patch enabled, thats why it worked fine for me.
-commented out some debug patches for ax which should let it start if OSReport is not enabled
-forgot to actually use a updated function, made sure its used now

Thank you for looking into it for us . I tested Fzero Ax with 272 10 out of 8 times worked 1 black screen 1 jvs error. It does take around 8-10 secs to load.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware. I haven't played it much but in Smash for Wii U it seems fine. I only played a few rounds though. I am using a wired official Gamecube controller.
Well if you care so much you can contact [user]Howard[/user] He is the guy in HID input, do the tests that he will tell you and let's see what happens.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people seem to heavily underestimate the speed the GC controller transmits data at.

It transmit 1bit per 4μs an update is 8bytes which are 32bits so it takes 256μs to transmit one status update.

The GC has a register where you can select how often to poll the controller data which can be set to 7 as the lowest value.
Which means it will poll the data every 7th horizontal line depending on resolution: 480 = 68 times, 576 = 82 times.

We assume a frame rate of 60 then each frame takes 1/60s = 16.666ms.
Now we divide that by the refresh rate and what do we get?
480@60: 16.6666ms / 68 = 0.245ms which are 245μs
576@50: 20ms / 82 = 0.2439ms which are 244μs

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ those who have a purely USB setup, how do you have things set up? When I try to launch a gamecube game via Wiiflow, it code dumps immediately. Launching with Wiiflow and Nintendont on SD with games on USB works fine however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL