Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While we are only talking about horizontal movement thinkinking about it as points on a line ranging from -128 to +127 with 0 in the center is the simplest way. Anything > about +/- 100 is ignored. (its actually the radius of an octagon inside a circle so on diagnals much more is ignored) The data I was giving is just how the 11 center points from the ir is transalted on to the center of the line. Normally gamecube games ignore these center points because centering of the joystick is done by a spring which will be impercise and we dont want things happening because the spring didnt put us directly on the center. The games deadzone will always bee their. We are trying to feed it values that that always lie outside the deadzone unless we want it centered.

Ok i get it now, thank you Howard for the explanation. :)

The question I need answered is is the twitching you see around the exact center whare no movement occures or around the edge of the deadzone whare movement just slowed down to a stop.
It's the first one, ie ''the twitching you see around the exact center whare no movement occures''

P.S.: Oh and sorry for sounding like a broken record, but in a future beta 7, please consider the aforementioned removal of NC tilt for the fps naggers config, as i said above, it creates some control issues in several GC fps games.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those woho donated should have recieved

Nintendont Nunchuck Beta 8
Based on 2.172

This one the IR goes -11 -8 -5 -2 -1 0 1 2 5 8 11
Test it in die hard. if it works perfectly try a couple of others to make sure they still work

Oh and sorry for sounding like a broken record, but in a future beta 7, please consider the aforementioned removal of NC tilt for the fps naggers config, as i said above, it creates some control issues in several GC fps games.

Now that you explained why. I am considering the best way to solve it. I didnt like the idea of the one button.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tried beta 8 with DHV. Almost no twitch in middle screen pointing. Let me explain this in detail: now it only happens 1 in 10 times and only in the dead center of the screen when looking straight ahead and not having a steady hand (ie not resting my hand holding the wiiimote on the side piece of the armchair or on my lap). So i think it is really really close to perfect.
Other fps of GC, no issues whatsoever. Also tried 007 Nightfire fps missions with beta 8. Works perfectly.

Now that you explained why. I am considering the best way to solve it. I didnt like the idea of the one button.

Thanks

=EDIT=
How about leaving NC tilt as is in - and 1 config while taking it out of - and 2 config (naggers IR)?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Really impressive how far this little side project has come. How much longer before us commoners get a chance to play?

Once finished, I guess :yaywii:

So I tested the latest mod and, I don't have any fps to try. But, cstick controlling camera in games is really, really smooth :)

Zelda windwaker, Super mario Sunshine and spyro a hero's tail are smooth to control with IR.

Great job Howard! We are closer to a final version :)

May I request something? I think naggers config (the original one, minus with right pressed) should be the default config, this is the best confing usable in most games I tested so far.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Received beta 9 from Howard. Tested it and DHV works perfectly now. Same for TS2, TS3 7 other GC fps. Now only the NC tilt issue remains and we'll be grasping perfection :)

Oh and add another game that plays great with naggers IR: Starfox Assault:using in game control config B (dual analog), IR helps immensely on on foot missions (Katina) and on ones where you are on the Arwing's wing (Corneria). For the on rail ones (like the first one), remember to keep wiimote steady on center of screen so as to not trigger u turn or loop.

Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow it's been a while since I've seeing this thread, and it seems this is quite promising!
Awesome and great to know :)

Thanks Howard for the great contribution!

Received beta 9 from Howard. Tested it and DHV works perfectly now. Same for TS2, TS3 7 other GC fps. Now only the NC tilt issue remains and we'll be grasping perfection :)

Oh and add another game that plays great with naggers IR: Starfox Assault;using in game control config B (dual analog), IR helps immensely on on foot missions (Katina) and on ones where you are on the Arwing's wing (Corneria). For the on rail ones (like the first one), remember to keep wiimote steady on center of screen so as to not trigger u turn or loop.

Could you explain me what is exactly the problem with the NC Tilt?

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
when using GC dpad (nc c held and wiimote dpad for nintendont) to zoom in/out or change item, sometimes accidental GC L/R inputs occur (nc c held and nc tilted left or right respectively on nintendont). This means things like shooting at the wrong time, missing the shot and alerting enemies. Or dropping grenade at your feet, or shooting friendly npcs at the face etc.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Add FireBlade to the list of games that benefit from naggers IR NC controls.
Also, recent nintendont update 2.175 fixed Call of Duty 2:Big Red One, so when NC is paired with that build, another GC fps will be Wiimote & NC playable :)

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember the past.. deevolution... I said ; .why not play gc games with wiimote +nunchack? ... and all people answered: u are crazy... stupid idea.. ecc
Thank u Howard! I wait the public release

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember the past.. deevolution... I said ; .why not play gc games with wiimote +nunchack? ... and all people answered: u are crazy... stupid idea.. ecc
Thank u Howard! I wait the public release

wait for a long time
Make donation and you can use it immediately

Reactions: nakata6790

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I tried it out with XIII, already works pretty well!

Using FPS setting, the IR aiming does it's job but seems a little overly sensitive to me (game sensitivity turned down all the way), and I think the deadzone is a little to big.

Otherwise it would be perfectly playable, but most of my games keep crashing randomly after a few minutes with the "an error has occurred"-message. Anybody know whats up with that?

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice! Some other real feedback :)

So I tried it out with XIII, already works pretty well!
Using FPS setting, the IR aiming does it's job but seems a little overly sensitive to me (game sensitivity turned down all the way), and I think the deadzone is a little to big.

Hmm, deadzone X or deazone Y or both?
X deadzone was upped a little in beta 9 to fix Die Hard Vendetta.
Y deadzone was always small in all IR betas, to emulate real wii menu pointing.

Personally, i play XIII with sensitivity all the way up and can headshot easily with the crossbow,and other weapons, although i do rest my right hand on my lap or on the armchair to have it steady.
IMHO the only thing that can be bettered is removal or reworking of NC tilt for naggers IR config. Also, maybe turn speed could be upped (meaning turning faster, so same movement of wiimote results in a bit more movement by the character)

Also, can you try any other GC fps as well? Here is a list of games you can try with wiimote IR and give feedback. Especially the two Timesplitters games, aside from being great games, they run at a smooth 60fps and let the IR controls really shine.

Otherwise it would be perfectly playable, but most of my games keep crashing randomly after a few minutes with the "an error has occurred"-message. Anybody know whats up with that?

Seems you have a badly trimmed iso.
IIRC, the iso files must be shrunk correctly in order to avoid freezes in Nintendont. Someone please post the relevant details cause i do not remember them, i use 1:1 full isos and haven't shrunk an iso for a while. No issues whatsoever in XIII and almost all GC fps.

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thanks for answering nakata, yeah the isos are compressed! trying a different version of xiii soon and reporting back to you.
Two other games I've tried:

Super Mario Sunshine: works perfectly, using default config, camera turning with nc tilt feels very natural. 100% playable.
Star Wars Rogue Leader: default config. couldn't test it that long because it froze up on me again but from the little playtime I got it's perfectly fine.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for answering nakata, yeah the isos are compressed! trying a different version of xiii soon and reporting back to you.
Two other games I've tried:

Super Mario Sunshine: works perfectly, using default config, camera turning with nc tilt feels very natural. 100% playable.
Star Wars Rogue Leader: default config. couldn't test it that long because it froze up on me again but from the little playtime I got it's perfectly fine.
IF you use the release version of nintentont do you have the freezing / crashing problem as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: lol @ greasy strangler lines. Everyone should watch it and post lines. haha