Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Howard Could you please upload Nintendont r. 2.176 with NC patch? It fixes games like Hitman 2, Call of Duty 2 and Freedom Fighters, titles that would benefit from IR aiming.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those you donated should have recieved

Nintendont Nunchuck Beta 10

Based on 2178

No changes other than the base version.

Howard Could you please upload Nintendont r. 2.176 with NC patch? It fixes games like Hitman 2, Call of Duty 2 and Freedom Fighters, titles that would benefit from IR aiming.

NO!
That verersion was outdated over 2 hours ago. It would take half that time to revert to an older version and then update again. Your going to have to settle for 2.178. :)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated manually to latest rev178 using a source patch...
Is nagger's config the default now in beta 10?
No.
I am inclined to go with fix94 on this. I plan on leaving the default config as is, so that the buttons are mapped as closely as possable to the labels. Its easier for new users to understand. I also find myself using the dpad for pregame menues. Then switching if I want a different config once I start the game.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No it isn't but i would sure like that :P

I understand however, the reasoning given on the above post by Howard (& Fix94), so no worries :)

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello. Thanks to superd work that is continuously being done on nintendont, now in r.2.183 James Bond Nightfire, James Bond From Russia with Love, James Bond Agent Under Fire are now stable and working.

Could we please get the NC mod updated to 2.183 (or whetever is the latest version at the time you read this :);) ) to play those games with wiimote controls?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No
The boot.dol is not being publicly distributed, so the source requirement does not apply.
I'm pretty sure you still have to share it with the people you distribute the binary to. It's not like this is just your work. You're effectively selling other people's GPL code.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you still have to share it with the people you distribute the binary to. It's not like this is just your work. You're effectively selling other people's GPL code.
I also thought about this before. On one hand you can say he is making a private beta and releases everything at the end and since his changes are not public at the moment it is ok. On the other hand only people who donated get the beta, which is like he is selling a GPL program. Imo, as long as the admins of this site and the other comitters of the project are ok with this, it is ok.

Reactions: Ramzee

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I also thought about this before. On one hand you can say he is making a private beta and releases everything at the end and since his changes are not public at the moment it is ok. On the other hand only people who donated get the beta, which is like he is selling a GPL program. Imo, as long as the admins of this site and the other comitters of the project are ok with this, it is ok.
I don't like it, but I never made many contributions to the kernel itself. I've mostly focused on the loader. Unless the heavy committers like FIX94 object I'll leave it alone.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding of the gpl v2 is that as long as their is no PUBLIC distribution of the modified program their is no requirement to provide source. The nunchuck support is the work work of abz and myself. I am not selling anything. If you feel I am missing something in the gpl lets continue this in pm.

Selling is permitted under gpl v2.
Private contract modifications are also allowed.

rinajati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Kinda/sorta off topic:

I wanted to donate, but got this message (tried both on friday and today) using the paypal link in the main post.

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Any idea of what is going on? i'd really like to give the IR test builds a shot, but i can't donate.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda/sorta off topic:

I wanted to donate, but got this message (tried both on friday and today) using the paypal link in the main post.

Any idea of what is going on? i'd really like to give the IR test builds a shot, but i can't donate.
The paypal link on the first page somehow got messed up. The correct link is in my signature.
nakata6790 any idea idea how it got messed up and can you fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs