Hacking Nintendont - Looking for a logo

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I introduce, the back side of the cube:

pLgrYCN.png

I can change the font or make glow effects or whatever as requested, but I like the idea of taking the standard Gamecube logo and altering it in this way, kind of like Swanky there, except for removing the letters from the block, I make the block spell the letters. And you can see from the top that this is supposed to be the back of the standard Gamecube logo, I dunno. Hope you guys like it.

Edit: Small changes and just another font that I think looks cool with the design, but again, I'm not really trying to show off the font, if there is a font that Crediar would prefer that I haven't shown off, that can easily be accommodated, I'm really just trying to show off my logo:

What I fixed is the structure of the N, the angle change lines up with the leg, all the while retaining the same angles as the other two angles in the N.

iOfcI0s.png

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
May I introduce, the back side of the cube:I can change the font or make glow effects or whatever as requested, but I like the idea of taking the standard Gamecube logo and altering it in this way, kind of like Swanky there, except for removing the letters from the block, I make the block spell the letters. And you can see from the top that this is supposed to be the back of the standard Gamecube logo, I dunno. Hope you guys like it.
Cool duffmmann :)

I would work a bit more on that "N's" form.. the upper cut on it could get a little better (on the higher block, you could move the end of the left cut a bit more to the middle of the border, similar to how you did on the right cut there) ...and change the font on the NintenDont ..my advice for the font is, simple is better (you can see by how I made on my submission..)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You mean like they can't use the Tales of Graces logo and like they can't use the Tales of Vesperia logo and like they can't use Nintendo's official logos, icons and graphics for the Wii an like they can't host copyrighted cover artwork?
Unless I'm mistaken, using a logo copyrighted by on a homebrew project doesn't fall under "fair use". That breaks the second of crediar's rules.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean like they can't use the Tales of Graces logo and like they can't use the Tales of Vesperia logo and like they can't use Nintendo's official logos, icons and graphics for the Wii an like they can't host copyrighted cover artwork?

Yes, all those sites are using a trademark without permission (fair use might apply to some of them, especially gametdb.com which is essentially just "archiving"), but it's unlikely they'll be asked to remove it or threatened with legal action. The difference here is that crediar explicitly asked everyone not to violate any trademarks or copyrights.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's irrelevant. The subject is logo submissions for Nintendont. crediar won't use any logo's if they have copyrighted material that doesn't fall under fair use.
The question is then what crediar considers to be fair use. Since you are not crediar, you can't tell people to stop using Nintendo's logo.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is then what crediar considers to be fair use. Since you are not crediar, you can't tell people to stop using Nintendo's logo.
That's irrelevant. The subject is logo submissions for Nintendont. crediar won't use any logo's if they have copyrighted material that doesn't fall under fair use.

Can we all just get back to making logos? This is starting to wear thin. Crediar will decide whose logo to use, we'll leave it at that.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool duffmmann :)

I would work a bit more on that "N's" form.. the upper cut on it could get a little better (on the higher block, you could move the end of the left cut a bit more to the middle of the border, similar to how you did on the right cut there) ...and change the font on the NintenDont ..my advice for the font is, simple is better (you can see by how I made on my submission..)

The font really isn't my concern. If Crediar likes the actual logo but wants to change the font thats totally his call, as it is, it really is a simple font, just a little scribbly, but totally legible, and the nature of it makes me think, aw snap this isn't something my Wii(U) should be doing. What I'm really displaying is the logo. The top of the cube isn't going to change, as its the same top of the regular Gamecube logo just seen from the same angle we see the front (normal logo) but from behind (hence why it's turned around), so that simply can't change in accordance to the whole idea of my theme. The N can be tweaked a little, but the point is only for a very small part to meet up with the sliver of the top, while the angles on the N from the top going down, match up with the other two angles on the N. The only change I'm considering, scratch that, that I'm doing, is changing where the change in angle occurs, so it lines up with the leg, you'll see shortly.

Edit: See my post at the top of this page for the change to the N, its definitely more appropriate I think. Again font can be whatever, if anyone has a great idea for the font and wants to change it themselves, have at it, we can share credit - the credit doesn't mean too much to me, I just like to improve my graphic design skills, and take on challenges like this. (one of my jobs is actually graphic design for a t-shirt printing company, so I like any chance to improve my skills).

Reactions: Walker D

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The font really isn't my concern. If Crediar likes the actual logo but wants to change the font thats totally his call, as it is, it really is a simple font, just a little scribbly, but totally legible (..) The top of the cube isn't going to change, as its the same top of the regular Gamecube logo just seen from the same angle we see the front (normal logo) but from behind (hence why it's turned around), so that simply can't change in accordance to the whole idea of my theme.
Again font can be whatever, if anyone has a great idea for the font and wants to change it themselves, have at it, we can share credit - the credit doesn't mean too much to me, I just like to improve my graphic design skills, and take on challenges like this.

Ah cool ..Now I understood that it was the original cube from behind :P
About the font, if at some point you or Crediar wants to use the one I used, combine ideas and stuff, I don't have a problem with it either ..

Also, to contribute in the angles discussion about your logo, I did a small drawing ...just to help visualizing possibilities:
image.png

Ah, and if you decide to do new tweaks, do a final check on parallel lines ...some of the lines of your logo that should be parallel are not that much (nothing major though).

Good luck ^^

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyways, I just tightened up my logos a bit by fixing a few jagged edges and such.
I also tried out another font for the text in case the old one (gamecuben) was too similar to the original Nintendo one.

Black background
23kd75u.jpg

White Background
21mw11c.jpg

awesome i just love them

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Even if it can't be included, I'm having fun with my idea so I cleaned it up and added that shadow
It's actually in PNG format now, too ... just in case.
nintendont.PNG

Things are slower with paint ... but it doesn't turn out all that bad.
nintenblur.PNG
It could still use something else in all that white negative space but I think it's a big improvement over the last ones.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1