Hacking Nintendont and general wiiu homebrew help

ebisumaru-chan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been at this for four or so days and I'm actually going to tear my hair out at this rate.

So I used the tiramisu method to homebrew my wiiu. I'm using a 128 GB sdxc card and with everything I've read it should work with this. I've managed to get retroarch and have been playing SNES and gba so I'm definitely on the right track. My next task was to get any GameCube game working and with a lot of fighting with files and all that I finally got NKIT to work as a convertor and finally got sonic adventure 2 battle to show up on my wiiu channel the issue is whenever I try to load it, I'm told Nintendont can't find fat device. Now I used a partition wizard to confirm my SD card is the correct format etc and when I go into usb loader Gx it clearly shows my brawl ISO that I have on the SD. I don't know if I've made some random small error somewhere as I've had to follow about 8 different guides and I always bump into some little issue like outdated links or getting near the end of a video and finding out I don't need X or Y.

I've been fighting with this for so long now can someone please give me some guidance.

My next step is to get project plus working but I'd rather get some GameCube games first as I'm already neck deep in it.

Please help me

ebisumaru-chan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, nkit iso are garbage here. You'll need to find another iso to use.
The ISO is fine I'm sure. It stumped me for two days of so but for some reason NKIT processing app doesn't like Ciso files so I couldn't drag and drop them into the app to convert however once I used NKIT.iso files it worked fine, then I used uwuvci to inject the game (sonic adventure battle 2 in this case) onto my SD and I was able to finally use wup installer to install the iso to my wiiu home screen, it has logos and titles and graphics and all that so I'm sure the ISO is fine.

I'm 99% sure Nintendont is the issue here or at least something is causing Nintendont to not recognise my SD that other apps can clearly read.

ebisumaru-chan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is your sd card fat32 formatted? is it partitioned?
Yes 100% fat 32. I can use it for every other aspect of my homebrew stuff just fine and I also double checked in a partition wizard manager and checked if it was MBR.
How do I check if it's partitioned and if it's not do I need to delete the contents to do so?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't make that any clearer other than they don't work??

I have the same game as an inject but it was NOT an nkit iso i used and it works prefect.

Again..... Nkit do not work with nintendont. Plenty of info around regarding that but it may be lost quite deep.

ebisumaru-chan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't make that any clearer other than they don't work??

I have the same game as an inject but it was NOT an nkit iso i used and it works prefect.

Again..... Nkit do not work with nintendont. Plenty of info around regarding that but it may be lost quite deep.
And I cannot state enough how you have not understood my issue.

Nintendont can't find fat 32 when Gx loader and everything else can find it fine. If the ISO is the issue then I can't find out even if I wanted to as I can't get Nintendont to load anything from my SD....

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you loading Nintendont from a forwarder on your Wii U? Nintendont can't read ISO files off an SD card when using a forwarder. You'll have to either install a VC inject or load Nintendont from your vWii.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said you injected it? Why are you trying to run it from sd then?

In that case try another nintendont dol and inject tool like Teconmoons.

ebisumaru-chan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you loading Nintendont from a forwarder on your Wii U? Nintendont can't read ISO files off an SD card when using a forwarder. You'll have to either install a VC inject or load Nintendont from your vWii.
I'm unsure what you mean by forwarder but I used uwuvci to inject it onto my SD, so there is now a sonic adventure battle 2 channel on my wiiu menu, when I click that it automatically tries to run the game through Nintendont and Nintendont loads for a sed but then says NO FAT DEVICE FOUND which is a lie as there is for sure one inserted. Is there another easier way to this? Maybe one that doesn't use a Nintendont and if so is there maybe a guide for people (preferably video) that I could use and preferably as simple as possible because like I said I'd follow one guide then bump into some issue then follow another guide and bump into another issue so I've had to use like 6 different guides and I know I've gotten things confused and mixed up as when I hacked my Wii about ten years ago I had none of these issues.
Post automatically merged:

You said you injected it? Why are you trying to run it from sd then?

In that case try another nintendont dol and inject tool like Teconmoons.
Because I literally have no idea what I'm doing and I've followed various guides and tutorials that say this is what I need to do so I used uwuvci to inject it and have the game as an iso on the SD just incase I could just load it from gx loader but it only reads my brawl ISO for some reason on gx loader. I have the latest Nintendont and I figure injecting with teconmoons would be the same as uwuvci, no? I've definitely made a mistake it's just not with the iso.

I think it's all the misinformation and outdated guides that are around that has confused me so any help is appreciated

Last edited by ebisumaru-chan,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To check your device - Locate the disk you want to check in the Disk Management window. Right-click it and select "Properties." Click over to the "Volumes" tab. To the right of "Partition style," you'll see either "Master Boot Record (MBR)" or "GUID Partition Table (GPT)," depending on which the disk is using.

Then all i can suggest is you find an upto date guide to retrace where you went wrong. Normally black screens are down to the nintendont version. Just try another or older one.

You certainly don't need the game on sd if your making injects, only if booting through usb loader gx. That's where it loads from. Injects are installed to your usb or nand if chosen and again not needed on sd. And yes different tools can have different results. Personally I've always used Teconmoons tool and never had a problem.

And apologies for the nkit misinformation, I was thinking of Wii nkit that doesn't work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm unsure what you mean by forwarder but I used uwuvci to inject it onto my SD, so there is now a sonic adventure battle 2 channel on my wiiu menu, when I click that it automatically tries to run the game through Nintendont and Nintendont loads for a sed but then says NO FAT DEVICE FOUND which is a lie as there is for sure one inserted. Is there another easier way to this? Maybe one that doesn't use a Nintendont and if so is there maybe a guide for people (preferably video) that I could use and preferably as simple as possible because like I said I'd follow one guide then bump into some issue then follow another guide and bump into another issue so I've had to use like 6 different guides and I know I've gotten things confused and mixed up as when I hacked my Wii about ten years ago I had none of these issues.

Because I literally have no idea what I'm doing and I've followed various guides and tutorials that say this is what I need to do so I used uwuvci to inject it and have the game as an iso on the SD just incase I could just load it from gx loader but it only reads my brawl ISO for some reason on gx loader. I have the latest Nintendont and I figure injecting with teconmoons would be the same as uwuvci, no? I've definitely made a mistake it's just not with the iso.

I think it's all the misinformation and outdated guides that are around that has confused me so any help is appreciated
this is your issue you installed an inject without an iso inside the inject that wont work becuase the inject will search for the iso in the inject on wiiu menu and not on sd card...

install this and this will actually look for isos on the sd card and not on wiiu inject
https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, you have to inject the game with TeconMoon's VC Injector. You can't install a VC inject and not include the game itself inside the inject. Check here for instructions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/. If you'd rather just have Nintendont on your home screen and load the ISO yourself, check @pedro702's post above.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would suggest getting an external hard drive with a y-cable if you intend to install more than a few games. gamecube and wii games could be run from an SD card, but you could have them all live on the wii u home menu if you used an external hard drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol